Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

tuning 850s

Views : 4005

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 10th, 2010, 18:54   #11
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowt5r View Post
hi blue8, im sort of with you in the perfomance in the t5s i was supprised in the performance of them(felt slow)even now i still am (in mine anyway) i did have a ride in someones t5 a while ago and i must say i was very impressed. but the is a cost to this performane and its more than a few grand too (far as i was told on that car anyway). so if your willing to spend a small fortune id just buy something along the lines of a pulser etc... imo.
Its the colour Alan that makes your car Sooooo slow and the fact it is Sooooo old.
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 17:30   #12
yellowt5r

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
Its the colour Alan that makes your car Sooooo slow and the fact it is Sooooo old.
lol tony. mines still running and in one piece. what was the reason you bought the red 850r??

yellowt5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 18:27   #13
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowt5r View Post
lol tony. mines still running and in one piece. what was the reason you bought the red 850r??

It fell apart mate
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 19:57   #14
Engineer
Rubbing son is racing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedman View Post
But there is nothing wrong with expanding horizons and getting different opinions either

I look forward to hearing more about this N/A 850 project.

My advice, win the lotto and go to TWR
There really is no need to win the lotto or try to find TWR?.........

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...urer_BTCC.html

just contact Sweden........might be a gem? plus his other one might be genuine as well...............
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 19:58   #15
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Mechanics View Post
Hi Rob

If you really to go the N/A route then good luck for bring different have a look here :

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59108

for some ideas and info Austen is the only person i have seen who is having a go there is no need to go away from the excellent Voc forum you will find plenty of great people and knowledge here.

Good luck

Russ
Russell, I will reply interpreting your above comment as "there is no need to go away from the excellent Voc forum" Having quite a lot to do specifically with this VOC forum and running the performance section over quite a few years I completely disagree with you. There are a number of excellent "Volvo" forums based in the UK and outside the UK! where many informed enthusiasts post and help each other. Many people belong to some or for that matter all the forums finding each forum unique in its own particular way. The most important aspect of this particular forum is the interests of the members, therefore statements that "there is no need to go away from the excellent Voc forum" in my opinion limits peoples' potential to hear different opinions and broaden their experience.

Indeed, quite a few of the really experienced people that were a huge asset to the VOC forums over quite a period of time don't post on the VOC any more choosing to support other forums for a variety of reasons. There are many experienced people within our community who have given countless numbers of hours in supporting people with their considerable expertise purely because they want to help and support others, without any personal gain to themselves what so ever - many of these people can be found throughout our community not just on the VOC forums.

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

Last edited by IC; Jan 11th, 2010 at 20:13.
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IC For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 20:22   #16
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Russell, I will reply interpreting your above comment as "there is no need to go away from the excellent forum" Having quite a lot to do specifically with this VOC forum and running the performance section over quite a few years I completely disagree with you. There are a number of excellent "Volvo" forums based in the UK and outside the UK! where many informed enthusiasts post and help each other. Many people belong to some or for that matter all the forums finding each forum unique in its own particular way. The most important aspect of this particular forum is the interests of the members, therefore statements that "there is no need to go away from the excellent forum" in my opinion limits peoples' potential to hear different opinions and broaden their experience.

Indeed, quite a few of the really experienced people that were a huge asset to the VOC forums over quite a period of time don't post on the VOC any more choosing to support other forums for a variety of reasons. There are many experienced people within our community who have given countless numbers of hours in supporting people with their considerable expertise purely because they want to help and support others without any personal gain to themselves what so ever - many of these people can be found throughout our community not just on the VOC forums.
Well said IC...
It is a regret that valued members, both of the forum and the Voc have found the need to move elsewhere....It is without doubt a fact that this has happened...
I started my Volvo career on Volvospeed and the then Volvo T5.co.uk.....It concerns me that there are certainly more "competetive" sites with particular to the performance area which undoubtably the T5 engine started and has set the pace with Volvo's performance interest...
The VOC site has certainly turned into a "my car wont start site" rather than asking challenging and sometimes uncomfortable questions...This falls into the clutches of the other sites prepared to harness these issues albeit to members only....

The lack of a interest from the VOC in performance Volvo topics, is IMO, its loss rather than a step in the interest of its members...

Jod
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jod T5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 20:28   #17
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Russell, I will reply interpreting your above comment as "there is no need to go away from the excellent Voc forum" Having quite a lot to do specifically with this VOC forum and running the performance section over quite a few years I completely disagree with you. There are a number of excellent "Volvo" forums based in the UK and outside the UK! where many informed enthusiasts post and help each other. Many people belong to some or for that matter all the forums finding each forum unique in its own particular way. The most important aspect of this particular forum is the interests of the members, therefore statements that "there is no need to go away from the excellent Voc forum" in my opinion limits peoples' potential to hear different opinions and broaden their experience.

Indeed, quite a few of the really experienced people that were a huge asset to the VOC forums over quite a period of time don't post on the VOC any more choosing to support other forums for a variety of reasons. There are many experienced people within our community who have given countless numbers of hours in supporting people with their considerable expertise purely because they want to help and support others, without any personal gain to themselves what so ever - many of these people can be found throughout our community not just on the VOC forums.

Iain there are other excellent Volvo sites www.vpcuk.org www.volvospeed.com to name a couple.

I gave Rob a link to Austen’s great project he is on a few other sites I go on but have only seen him on the VOC !

read into that what you will....

Russ
RT Mechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 20:34   #18
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jod T5 View Post

I started my Volvo career on Volvospeed and the then Volvo T5.co.uk.....It concerns me that there are certainly more "competetive" sites with particular to the performance area which undoubtably the T5 engine started and has set the pace with Volvo's performance interest...
The VOC site has certainly turned into a "my car wont start site" rather than asking challenging and sometimes uncomfortable questions...This falls into the clutches of the other sites prepared to harness these issues albeit to members only....

The lack of a interest from the VOC in performance Volvo topics, is IMO, its loss rather than a step in the interest of its members...

Jod
Give it time Jod i am sure the Voc will be great again after the site was down for months after the best efforts at some to destroy it maybe if the modified car's section was to come back that would be a good thing i am sure you would get the right sort of questions and answers....

Russ
RT Mechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 20:48   #19
IC
S60R/V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Mechanics View Post
Iain there are other excellent Volvo sites www.vpcuk.org www.volvospeed.com to name a couple.

I gave Rob a link to Austen’s great project he is on a few other sites I go on but have only seen him on the VOC !

read into that what you will....

Russ
Russell, you have mentioned www.vpcuk, you've forgotten http://forums.t5d5.org/forum.html which has really developed in leaps and bounds over the last few years because there are a real range of members who have significant track experience and technical knowledge to back it up (some members have racked up many miles track experience over the year!) - Volvospeed is of course excellent as well as turbobricks! All the forums mentioned are worth looking at!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

Last edited by IC; Jan 11th, 2010 at 21:06.
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IC For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 21:06   #20
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishrobb View Post
I'm thinking of purchasing the software and cable so I can remap my 1994 850s.
Now Mr. Boss is that possable? Is it worth it?
I'll learn what I need threw my laptop/PC then have-a-go, maybe

I would like some reliable/posative information about this adventure please

I used to be a mechanic for 40 years, I left just as the electronic age came in so hard work and instinct is how I am, I would love to understand the idea.

Robb
Robb,

Let me know where abouts in Cornwall you are, maybe we can meet up?
I have a T5 that has had a few mods and some more to come, I can point you in the direction of brakes etc. I have some T5 parts you can have arb's and springs etc.

Steve
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rt mechanics, russ is gay, russell sucks, the peril