Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Radio Codes Please

Views : 291308

Replies : 334

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 09:58   #191
AUTOEMOTIONAL
AUTOEMOTIONAL

Hi newbie here with no code! :0(

Reg is M922MPF
Vin is YV1LW5806S2156708
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 10:46   #192
santorumrick859

I have just tried this phone number as well and I am told that this is an invalid number. I have searched all over and I do not have in my owners manual or anywhere a sticker with the radio code. Could someone please point me in another direction on how to get the radio code for the serial number B10138757A this is on a 2001 3.2 TL . My next big this in trying to find the darn pin code for my Navi system. If anyone has the radio code for my radio serial number that would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 19th, 2012, 18:52   #193
lazyboness
VOC Member

i followed the email link in post 169 during the week/working day and got a reply in about an hour or so,done from VIN number or Reg. No.
excellent service
The Following User Says Thank You to lazyboness For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:14   #194
brownbaby799

I disconnected my battery and charged it yesterday as recommended by my mechanic. After installing it the radio read "CODE". I did some research and discovered you need to pull the radio out, take down the number on the side (serial), have either a dealer or online 3rd party service decode it into a 5 digit-code that will unlock you radio system. Well...

I did all the above for serial#: PLI0109445 and was given the code: 42164

I punched it in and no luck. I was then told it may be locked so left the ignition in the 2nd position for 90mins. I came back and punched it in again and still no luck. After entering it I hear a beep but nothing changes.

What the hell?
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 04:41   #195
dlovato300

Hold down the TP button for at least 10 seconds after you turn the radio on. "Becker 1" will be displayed. Rotate the right knob (slowly) and it will display the Becker model number. Then rotate it again and the serial number should be displayed on the radio.
Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

CR-210:
Press tone, then 8 and 0 simultaneously. "Becker" appears. Press station up arrow on right. "PR-VERS" appears. Press one of numbered buttons below display, directly below the LCD arrowheads (try a few). The model number will appear. Press station up arrow on right. "SERIAL N" will appear. Press the numbered button again. The serial number will appear.
Or, if the radio is out of the car the then the serial number is on the label.

CDR-23 (or later):
These radios do not have a security code - that is, not that the user enters.
These radios are security tested on the MOST (fiber optic bus) system to see if they are the "programmed" radio. The radios are programmed and recognized by the car’s DME and can only be replaced by a shop with a PST2 or PIWIS. These radios will not request a code when battery power is disconnected.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:11   #196
Rockinrev

Hi Simon,
I've been reading the various messages on here, so I was wondering if you could help me.
I've lost the code for my radio (not the original from the vehicle).
Serial Number:- VO0690 X5179611F
Model:- Volvo 3533775-1

Many thanks,
Phil
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 16:41   #197
Bogsdollox

Can you please find the code for my HU-655.
I recently bought this car and there was no code with it. I am presently unable to pm you the serial no. etc as i do not have enough posts.
The Reg. No. is YY53 DLV
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 17:28   #198
Scootersp

The following may help someone..........

My battery died on me the other morning and I read the problem with radio codes on here (i don't have the code), so when I got a new one I ran some jump leads to the clamps from my other good car's battery and then 'carefully' removed the clamps and battery, 'carefully' lowered in the new battery and replaced the clamps nipped them up and finally removed the jump leads.

Result (and believe me I had my fingers crossed!) is radio works just as before. I know it's not much hassle due to the help you can get from the guys on here but I thought it was worth a go.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 13:42   #199
catty64

volvo can give you radio code if you give them reg no.they wont charge either
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 20:05   #200
Turbobullar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
There is a small software that provides the 4-digit code if you can input the orientation of the diodes in the back of the CR-906. Real simple to operate but you must remove the top cover of the radio to check the diodes.

I can send it to you if you want. Email add please.
Hi Glock19,

You wouldn't happen to have the software tool to recover the code for a SR-701???
Someone told me it can only be recovered by Volvo Sweden... Is this the only way, it's rather costly I'm afraid.

Wasn't able to send you a PM with my email, because I haven't reached the "30 message-posting-limit" yet...
Closed Thread