Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 137788

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 12th, 2011, 11:23   #211
MikeAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Hi Mike

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with your XC60 ,Volvo Assistance and your local Volvo Dealership. (crikes I sound like a customer services "speciality fobbing off department" with this opening line!!)

You seemed to have had many and varied lengthy issues with your supplying dealer prior to purchase if my memory serves me correct?

That brings me to the post about dreadful dealers not being interested where I did and still do stand by the assertion that if one receives shoddy service before a purchase it is likely to continue afterwards.

One of the worst pre sales service was when a pal was interested in a Fiat and they wouldnt even provide a test drive without prior written commitment!!!!

Yes I am very suprised in todays business world that no-one seems to want to get back to a prospective customer before or during a purchase and even less so after purchase. I do believe that first impressions count when first dealing with a sales person and one should use this gut instinct as an indication.

I fully understand your frustration and its a shame as poor aftersales (and pre-sales for that matter) always seems to take away the shine and excitement of a new purchase.

What are you going to do now? Have you another dealer in mind?

Regarding 28mpg that seems about right and may get better - is this an average of motorway and town?

I find a lot of very short stop start journeys hammers the XC fuel consumption (more so than any other make I personally have experienced).

Please do keep us posted about any issues you have.

Regards
Thanks volvorocks. Always a pleasure reading your posts.
For the time being (and only because of it's location) I shall be using the dealer whom we purchased the XC60 from.
That will change on our next purchase in 3yrs time.
In regards to the dealership at Autoworld.... the only thing that kept me with them was the dreadful service I had at Sheffield and that Nottingham was a little too far for convenience.
As you correctly remembered I had a horrendous first few visits with my local dealership Autoworld. This however was nothing to do with the direct Sales staff who handle the majority of customers enquiries.... No, it was the Motability Sales Staff who were utterly useless.
When I went back to Autoworld I contacted the Sales Manager. He gave me his personal telephone number and asked from that point on any queries I had to take them directly to him. He basically saved the day and the order went through.

Now however, I'm in contact with Services and it's the same shoddy service.
I'm not one to normally complain but I'm damned if I'll acccept something which I wouldn't pass on to others.
Thing is I just can not be bothered with them at the moment.... All it leaves you with is further frustration down the line.

Re the mileage; it's mostly town driving, about 70%-30% so although I'm expecting the mileage to increase I'm not expecting that much more.
Otherwise (touch-wood), I'm very happy with the XC60.
MikeAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 11:44   #212
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAP View Post
Thanks volvorocks. Always a pleasure reading your posts.
For the time being (and only because of it's location) I shall be using the dealer whom we purchased the XC60 from.
That will change on our next purchase in 3yrs time.
In regards to the dealership at Autoworld.... the only thing that kept me with them was the dreadful service I had at Sheffield and that Nottingham was a little too far for convenience.
As you correctly remembered I had a horrendous first few visits with my local dealership Autoworld. This however was nothing to do with the direct Sales staff who handle the majority of customers enquiries.... No, it was the Motability Sales Staff who were utterly useless.
When I went back to Autoworld I contacted the Sales Manager. He gave me his personal telephone number and asked from that point on any queries I had to take them directly to him. He basically saved the day and the order went through.

Now however, I'm in contact with Services and it's the same shoddy service.
I'm not one to normally complain but I'm damned if I'll acccept something which I wouldn't pass on to others.
Thing is I just can not be bothered with them at the moment.... All it leaves you with is further frustration down the line.

Re the mileage; it's mostly town driving, about 70%-30% so although I'm expecting the mileage to increase I'm not expecting that much more.
Otherwise (touch-wood), I'm very happy with the XC60.
Mike

Thanks for your comments.

Yes indeed it is the frustration that is the most - well frustrating!

I do tend to agree with you that one gets to a stage where one cannot be bothered anymore which is a shame really as one expects and deserves enjoyment from a product or service. Less said about VA the better..!!

Yes issues can arise although it is how they are dealt with that matters as it is understandable that things may not be perfect all the time.

Its a shame that you are already thinking 3 years ahead - and this is my point - this train of thought quite simply should not be happening - and is a result of shoddy service . Such a shame.

Like you and contrary to popular belief I am not one to complain although when I do its not so much as making a complaint as raising an issue.I have actually in the past received correspondence from companies actually thanking me for the manner in which I "complained". Quite bizarre really!!

I take it you had probs with Harrats in Sheffield and that Marshalls is a bit far for you for convenience.

Whilst it may be somewhat inconvenient and I am not aware of your circumstances, to travel further for service , it really pays dividends to do so if the service is good.

If you need anything drop a post/ thread

All the best
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 13:04   #213
MikeAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Mike

Thanks for your comments.

Yes indeed it is the frustration that is the most - well frustrating!

I do tend to agree with you that one gets to a stage where one cannot be bothered anymore which is a shame really as one expects and deserves enjoyment from a product or service. Less said about VA the better..!!

Yes issues can arise although it is how they are dealt with that matters as it is understandable that things may not be perfect all the time.

Its a shame that you are already thinking 3 years ahead - and this is my point - this train of thought quite simply should not be happening - and is a result of shoddy service . Such a shame.

Like you and contrary to popular belief I am not one to complain although when I do its not so much as making a complaint as raising an issue.I have actually in the past received correspondence from companies actually thanking me for the manner in which I "complained". Quite bizarre really!!

I take it you had probs with Harrats in Sheffield and that Marshalls is a bit far for you for convenience.

Whilst it may be somewhat inconvenient and I am not aware of your circumstances, to travel further for service , it really pays dividends to do so if the service is good.

If you need anything drop a post/ thread

All the best
Many thanks once again... appreciated.
Unfortunately, due to my injury sustained in the military it is now my wife who is the sole driver.
Harrats of Sheffield is a total no no I'm afraid. The service they gave (or lack of) and their arrogance in talking with me and not my wife ~ despite my continued pointing out to them she would be the driver was enough for my wife to say "not on your life".
Marshalls is too far for my wife to travel for services and when we enquired they refuse to do a 'pick-up and return' at that distance.
Autoworld as bad as we have found at least will come to our home pick up the vehicle and return on completion.... Well, that is what they told us when we ordered.... Whether they do that come service day is another matter for conversation. I certainly hope so, as our previous other dealers (VW, Mercedes, Honda) all picked up, valeted and returned the vehicle.
I'm not counting on the vehicle being valeted with Autoworld mind...

I'll keep you posted.
MikeAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:35   #214
7up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.cass View Post
Here's a selection of photos including how the screens are secured. Have included a few pics of the Garmin installation also.......
Hi Andy,

The blinds look good - would you mind telling me where you purchased them?

Thanks, Dec.
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:54   #215
spb525

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKH View Post
Nothing is ever perfect but the XC60 is easily the best car I have owned in 35 years driving.

Have to agree!!
spb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:58   #216
spb525

Smile Xc60

Just traided in my BMW X3 for a XC60, best move I ever made!!
spb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 17:28   #217
IanXC60
XC60 SE Lux 2010

Default I don't trust mine

Most of the time I love the car and am very happy with it. But every time I approach it I have a deep sense of foreboding that it won't start.

I have the intermittent flat battery problem discussed elsewhere in this forum, which Volvo are still trying to solve after 7 months. You can guarantee that it only manifests when you really need the car: son's first call-up to the footy team; or loaded up to go to cousin's wedding reception.

Volvo assist have been great, but a 90 minute delay on these things means the event is ruined or abandoned.

I want to ditch the car, but can't afford to replace it.
IanXC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 03:22   #218
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanXC60 View Post
Most of the time I love the car and am very happy with it. But every time I approach it I have a deep sense of foreboding that it won't start.

I have the intermittent flat battery problem discussed elsewhere in this forum, which Volvo are still trying to solve after 7 months. You can guarantee that it only manifests when you really need the car: son's first call-up to the footy team; or loaded up to go to cousin's wedding reception.

Volvo assist have been great, but a 90 minute delay on these things means the event is ruined or abandoned.

Hi Ian

I know that feeling all to well.That apprehensive 'in the stomach' feeling! If I was driving locally it wasn't too bad, in so far as I simply abandoned the car by the roadside and rang a family member to come and get me with another car. Once I had done what I had to do, I went back to 'rescue' the XC/get recovered.On long journeys it was a no no. I either used another vehicle or hired one.Thankfully got rid,although that 'apprehensive' feeling remains with the current one.The wife even refuses to drive it!

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 15:12   #219
RDRcontact

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanXC60 View Post

Quite possible that one or more systems are not shutting down properly when you switch off your engine high consumption of power results from that abnormal standby state. Did you check that possibility?

Overall I am extremely happy with the car. The only thing that concerns me at the moment is the beige T-Tek interior, very easy to get it dirty but easy to clean/maintain it as well.

Last edited by RDRcontact; Jun 2nd, 2012 at 15:15.
RDRcontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 07:33   #220
Davelincs
VOC Member

well i have only had the xc60 for a week, up to now excellent,i took a bmw x3 out for a test drive, an audi q5, and the xc, it was a choice between the audi and the volvo, lets hope i made the right move