Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo 940 sports estate manual

Views : 26437

Replies : 233

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 18:06   #211
ton377
Master Member

£1341 for the car does it now belong to anyone on here?
ton377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 18:08   #212
ton377
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark480 View Post
this time?

what if there is no next time!
oh well you never know but this is the 5th sport i have seen for sale this year so they seem to pop up every couple of months
ton377 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ton377 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 11:11   #213
James_N
VOC Member

So he still didnt get his £1500!
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 14:31   #214
amaz'in

And it ran a day or so later than the day he said it would be sold????

It's what I loathe about ebay at times....the total uncertainty of it all, the snipers at the last second, and the false bidders etc etc....

I bought my Black sports a couple of weeks ago (locally, not eBay car) as a spares/project car, and to use as a daily hack to cut down the miles on my A1 Silver sports.

How nice to phone the seller up, arrange a viewing....then go along..(2 miles away) make an offer which get's accepted so easily I was left scratching my head in bewilderment, then pick it up the following day.

From a personal point of view, I loved eBay a lot more when you could see Bidders indentities, for example..I collect certain 60/70/80's racing Cycles...if something collectable turned up on the 'bay' I used to be able to see if any of the big guns(open cheque books) in this field turned up...you then knew the gunfight was over and you could back away and forget about it before you got started.

In Japan they seem to have a lot more eBay sense, and last minute bidders then automatically cause the auction duration to be lengthened by a certain time ( I think 5 minutes?)...ruling out snipers etc.

J
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 00:00   #215
kinkersaab

'twas me that bought it! Nice guy and nice car aswell. It was also me that offered him £1100. Drove down on christmas eve to collect it, nice chap. And as for not wanting to see him make money, well come on guys, what is that all about? If he got it for nothing should he give it to you for £1 ? He maybe got it cheap? Best of luck to him , it was worth what was paid for it, not what other folk think it might be worth based on what he paid for it a few months ago....... Anyhow, i hope to be around these parts a bit for info etc, cheers, Lee
kinkersaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 00:13   #216
James_N
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkersaab View Post
'twas me that bought it! Nice guy and nice car aswell. It was also me that offered him £1100. Drove down on christmas eve to collect it, nice chap. And as for not wanting to see him make money, well come on guys, what is that all about? If he got it for nothing should he give it to you for £1 ? He maybe got it cheap? Best of luck to him , it was worth what was paid for it, not what other folk think it might be worth based on what he paid for it a few months ago....... Anyhow, i hope to be around these parts a bit for info etc, cheers, Lee
Well done Lee and fair play. Im still interested as to why he refused my £1200 and took your £1100 instead!

Although Im going to get an S2000 next year now, so its not something im as bothered about now as i was at the time!
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 00:22   #217
kinkersaab

He didn't take my £1100, i was the high bidder on ebay £1340.
not much proffit left in it but i wanted a red one for me not to sell on so i paid what it took, used and auction stealer thing and set my limit to £1550, so it could have been dearer.......
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 00:31   #218
amaz'in

In that case,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Sports edition club my friend....nice one...another member of our select little club :-)

As I said, was it really expensive with 100K on the clock? my two both have over 175K on the clock.

Glad it sold to a real person...and person who is a forum member...great.

J
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 00:40   #219
kinkersaab

This place would appear to be far more freindy than the last volvo forum i joined, vpcuk, i found them very anti dealer. The 480 forum is a good one. I spend most of my time on uksaabs due to my love of the saab c900
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 00:45   #220
James_N
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkersaab View Post
He didn't take my £1100, i was the high bidder on ebay £1340.
not much proffit left in it but i wanted a red one for me not to sell on so i paid what it took, used and auction stealer thing and set my limit to £1550, so it could have been dearer.......
I see. In that case, congrats, and get pictures of the car up ASAP