Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SC-xxx AUX INPUT HACK

Views : 86126

Replies : 301

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 30th, 2011, 20:09   #251
Jesper Andersen

Default aux hack SC-900

Quote:
Originally Posted by manback View Post
The pic is from the bottom of the motherboard.
So, you have connected the wires to the motherboard, right at the bottom of the SC-900 unit? Jeez, that board is pretty difficult to get to. I was hoping it would be possible to connect the wires to the tape unit.

Anybody got any idea if this is possible?
Jesper Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 21:44   #252
manback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper Andersen View Post
So, you have connected the wires to the motherboard, right at the bottom of the SC-900 unit? Jeez, that board is pretty difficult to get to. I was hoping it would be possible to connect the wires to the tape unit.

Anybody got any idea if this is possible?
Yeah just work out the pin numbers on the connector then follow them up into the tape player.
manback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 19:36   #253
modyf

It is possible to use aux as tape but WITHOUT inserting a cassette in SC-805 ???
I see that in others radio is possible to give 2V signal to pin and cassette is unnecessery - is it possible in SC-805???
Enyone knows whats needs to be connected?
modyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 00:07   #254
rallysteve
Master Member

Im going to experiment with my SC805 in the next week or so. Does anyone have a photo of where the connections are on the 805 motherboard as i cant see the labels for them

Cheers Steve

1991 205 GTi Road Car
rallysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 20:17   #255
modyf

no ones can help me?
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 22:19   #256
BillB
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallysteve View Post
Im going to experiment with my SC805 in the next week or so. Does anyone have a photo of where the connections are on the 805 motherboard as i cant see the labels for them

Cheers Steve
See post 26 showing what I did. Regards.
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:43   #257
modyf

BillB I saw your solution also, but I have different chip...
Any idea how to hack my SC-805 ???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20111007231.jpg (256.7 KB, 69 views)
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 12:19   #258
BillB
VOC Member

Just left of centre on the green PCB there are two "triangular" sets of pins. Try those. If you connect using capacitors you won't blow anything. Regards.
BillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 02:04   #259
blairs40

Default aha!!!!

well firstly i want to thank everyone who worked on this hack .....i have the sc-802 and just did it in 20 mins or so ......works a treat ...well done , i didnt solder on the underside of the pcb board but i used the ribbon that connects between the tape deck and base , left the ribbon attached to base and soldered at the top part of the ribbon , soldered and earth to the case hole, wrapped the wires in tape where it goes through the side of the case ....ran the wires into the glove box and the ipod sits on the little tray at the top .....i didnt use any capacitors (didnt have em) and it works awesome ...this is a great mod and lets me keep the crap looking head unit , so no ratbag will think of stealing a flash one if i put one in ...
cheers blair in new zealand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0048.jpg (207.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0049.jpg (214.2 KB, 80 views)
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 22:33   #260
psychosomatic88

Hi every one I'm new here, sorry to revive an old thread but I'm struggling with this.

I have a 2000 C70 coupe, with an SC901, no Dolby/centre speaker and a 4x100 amp in the rear left of the boot behind the carpet and no cd changer, but lead presumed present as plugged in the head unit.

I was wanting to connect an iPhone 4 via aux for the iPod function. I bought a PC7- aux lead (aux to red/white RCA), chopped the RCAs off.

Having stripped the SC901 right down I couldnt see any resemblance to Much of the pics through out the thread (not surprised as its mainly 80x series).

All I could find labelled with the L, R and GND was on a card on the side of the 3 disc CD changer. I soldered to the pins as labelled (incidentally on pins 2,3,4 , most quote 3,4,5 IIRC), inner white core to R, inner red core to L and the outer core both to G.

The aux is routed via the rear, exiting near the green block.

Just tried it in the car, It works but the snag is with the engine off it has an Slincredible amount of interference, like someone was pulling a mic lead or something in and out (you know that crackle?). I didn't try it with the engine running since their is something amiss already.

also it was very very loud, but not linear, at half the volume on the iPhone, loud/decent volume, a smidge more was uncomfortably loud.

It was also working regardless of the source, radio, tape. As soon as it was plugged in it took priority. (this I like, ideal for me). When on tape it would play for only a second, trying to reverse to other side. I was using an adapter cassette/cable, with cable cut off.

So what I'm really asking is how to get rid of the interference? And Is the iPod behaving normally/as you'd expect?

Thanks in advance, this is already been a great help!
psychosomatic88 is offline   Reply With Quote