Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Who has ordered a new XC90?

Views : 38152

Replies : 320

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 22:43   #251
yeoman
Master Member

Can someone tell me if in the UK spec T8 inscription, the auxiliary fuel burning heater and 4 zone climate control are standard features?

I cant for my life, see them on the Volvo website car configurator.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 10:35   #252
TWPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
Can someone tell me if in the UK spec T8 inscription, the auxiliary fuel burning heater and 4 zone climate control are standard features?

Looking at the standard equipment of the T8 Inscription, you get 2 zone climate:

"Interior
2-Zone Electronic Climate Control with "CleanZone" Air Quality System and Pollen Filter"

The fuel burning heater does not seem to be available for the new XC90.
TWPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 11:28   #253
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWPC View Post
Looking at the standard equipment of the T8 Inscription, you get 2 zone climate:

"Interior
2-Zone Electronic Climate Control with "CleanZone" Air Quality System and Pollen Filter"

The fuel burning heater does not seem to be available for the new XC90.
Thanks, but using the configurator on the volvo website , once I chose the inscription model, I no longer get the option to chose the pack that has the 4 zone climate control ,which ( superficially at least) ,suggests it is included in the inscription package.
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 13:06   #254
jayheartdoc

Quote:

I found the UK configurator a little quirky so emailed Volvo UK about certain options. They called me back quite promptly with answers.
jayheartdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayheartdoc For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 15:24   #255
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbird View Post
The road tax in The Netherlands for a petrol new XC90 is 1448 euro's and for the diesel it is 2556 euro's per year . You do not have to tell the Dutch tax man anything about getting blood out of a stone. We are not looking forward to paying that amount when we go home again ,this compared to the £180 we pay here.
What is the cost of diesel and petrol like?
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 16:30   #256
A lex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
What is the cost of diesel and petrol like?
Diesel is cheaper than petrol here in NL.

At the moment diesel is €1.09 per litre and 95RON about €1.60ish

Diesel road tax is punitive in comparison, and most diesels fall in to a much higher category for private payments for company cars (too long and difficult to explain here, but I suppose you could liken it to the BiK payments in the UK).

It is much more expensive to run a diesel here as a private person, hence the vast majority of private sales are petrol cars. Diesel only makes sense for people running cars through a company and doing a lot of KM (I think I remember reading it needs to be about 50k km per year for diesel to pay for itself over the equivalent petrol model).

In terms what was mentioned earlier about petrol vs. diesel sales % in Europe.... whilst its interesting, its not comparing apples with apples and is therefore a bit useless.

Volvo want to sell the T8 to private and business customers. Its a worldwide platform and a worldwide drivetrain. From the two choices, theyve clearly decided a petrol/electric is the better choice to suit the vast majority of markets.

Thats before we even get started on America, where diesel is still a dirty word in many parts of the country (and relatively hard to get hold of).

Looking at my current D5... the equivalent petrol 3.2 and T5 were both cheaper to buy new, and the VED is less than 1/2 of the D5.

Its similar in Belgium. Italy can also be quite punitive IIRC for the diesels. Germany no idea, same for France.

NL is one of the (if not the) biggest market in the world for pure electric and hybrid vehicles.
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A lex For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 16:42   #257
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:

IIRC the auxilliary fuel burning heater was for diesel XC90's only, petrol would be a bit risky!!!

Don't think its an option on the new model diesels anyway.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 18:40   #258
acb5

On the T8 in the UK 4 zone climate and fuel burning heater are standard. Have a look at the UK price list rather than the configurator and there is a separate section for the T8 and it clearly states both of the above as standard. It also adds panoramic sunroof and other features as standard which people forget when pricing the different models.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf All-New-Volvo-XC90-pricelist.pdf (1.25 MB, 14 views)
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 18:42   #259
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
IIRC the auxilliary fuel burning heater was for diesel XC90's only, petrol would be a bit risky!!!

Don't think its an option on the new model diesels anyway.
It looks like both the auxillary heater and 4 zone climate control are standard on the T8 inscription.

http://www.buyacar.co.uk/volvo_xc90_...ic_90890.jhtml

Rather weird the volvo website does not have this information.

I had a dealer send me a quote and it confirms what is on the buyacar website.

Last edited by yeoman; Sep 4th, 2015 at 18:53.
Old Sep 5th, 2015, 07:47   #260
basoom

Hi

What is (Auxiliary Fuel-fired Heater) and what is its function?

Thanks
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote