Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Closer inspection of my air filter

Views : 2428

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 21st, 2016, 18:45   #21
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
No dummy spitting from me.

I also asked you to prove me wrong but you haven't.

So strbryan, who does make Volvo parts?
Cheshired5 you spit your dummy out every time someone dares to question your finding..Get over it, you'r not always right..

So you disagree that the 2 D5 fuel filters I listed are of the same??

I have never claimed to knowing who makes parts for Volvo nor do I care..You are the one claiming you know who does SO please post your findings..
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 18:54   #22
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
Cheshired5 you spit your dummy out every time someone dares to question your finding..Get over it, you'r not always right..

So you disagree that the 2 D5 fuel filters I listed are of the same??

I have never claimed to knowing who makes parts for Volvo nor do I care..You are the one claiming you know who does SO please post your findings..
I like being questioned and I like learning from others too.
I've asked you to prove me wrong, you haven't so for me, this conversation is over.
Old May 21st, 2016, 19:01   #23
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
I like being questioned and I like learning from others too.
I've asked you to prove me wrong, you haven't so for me, this conversation is over.
You have still failed to answer my simple question regarding the D5 fuel filter.

Your original claim was that Mann make ALL filters for Volvo yet all you have proven is Man make the D5 oil filter..

It is not for me to disprove your claim but for you to prove what you are claiming is correct..

Last edited by strbryan; May 21st, 2016 at 19:05.
Old May 21st, 2016, 19:09   #24
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Your original claim was that Mann make ALL filters for Volvo
They weren't the words I used.

I think the only person interested in this conversation is you. I know I'm not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2016, 19:19   #25
harveys
Master Member

Volvo V70R fuel filter ......?.

It looks a little bit like they could possibly be made by the same firm !.

Sorry this one is a bit hard to tell...
Volvo dealers don't like to change them.
Old May 21st, 2016, 19:21   #26
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
They weren't the words I used.

I think the only person interested in this conversation is you. I know I'm not.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...14&postcount=6

I'm interested in your finding (not the conversation because you are fecking boring) to which you have proven ONLY the D5 oil filter is Mann

Last edited by strbryan; May 21st, 2016 at 20:28.
Old May 22nd, 2016, 10:56   #27
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...14&postcount=6

I'm interested in your finding (not the conversation because you are fecking boring) to which you have proven ONLY the D5 oil filter is Mann
When I suggested to buy Mann filters because they're the same, it means that they function exactly the same as Genuine Volvo branded filters.
From my experience of using both, there is no performance benefit to buying a genuine Volvo air, oil, fuel or cabin filter.

Because you're dim strbryan your brain can only handle one definition of "the same" so you change my words to Mann making every Volvo filter. I didn't say that. Anyone reading the thread can see that I didn't say that.

Mann definitely do make the oil filter and the Mann oil filter is less than half the price of the identical genuine branded filter.

Mann definitely don't make the air filter. Mahle make that and you can buy the Mahle identical to genuine air filter for less than £10.
Mahle is often easy to get but sometimes not whereas as Mann is available off the shelf all the time and offers no difference in filter performance from my data.
I don't know definitively who actually makes the genuine fuel and cabin filters but it matters not because Mann perform the same as genuine.
Air and fuel data is easy to obtain so do it yourself and it shows there's no difference between Mann and genuine.
Oil data isn't required to see any difference because the Mann filter is the genuine filter.
Cabin filter, once again, no difference between Mann and genuine.
Old May 22nd, 2016, 12:24   #28
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
When I suggested to buy Mann filters because they're the same, it means that they function exactly the same as Genuine Volvo branded filters.
From my experience of using both, there is no performance benefit to buying a genuine Volvo air, oil, fuel or cabin filter.

Because you're dim strbryan your brain can only handle one definition of "the same" so you change my words to Mann making every Volvo filter. I didn't say that. Anyone reading the thread can see that I didn't say that.

Mann definitely do make the oil filter and the Mann oil filter is less than half the price of the identical genuine branded filter.

Mann definitely don't make the air filter. Mahle make that and you can buy the Mahle identical to genuine air filter for less than £10.
Mahle is often easy to get but sometimes not whereas as Mann is available off the shelf all the time and offers no difference in filter performance from my data.
I don't know definitively who actually makes the genuine fuel and cabin filters but it matters not because Mann perform the same as genuine.
Air and fuel data is easy to obtain so do it yourself and it shows there's no difference between Mann and genuine.
Oil data isn't required to see any difference because the Mann filter is the genuine filter.
Cabin filter, once again, no difference between Mann and genuine.
I thought this conversation was over Cheshired5? No wait, You've had some time to think of an adequate response with your usual name calling when things aren't going your way..Keep up the good work mate

PS all filters work in the same way (the clue is in their name) but we all tend to lean towards a brand we trust..
Old May 22nd, 2016, 12:40   #29
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
I thought this conversation was over Cheshired5? No wait, You've had some time to think of an adequate response.
No, I just had better things to do than trying to educate you but it's raining so I thought I'd type a few words.
You're so clueless it's funny and that isn't a problem but unfortunately for this forum, you're gobby with it so shush and stick to what you know...... which ain't much.
Old May 22nd, 2016, 13:04   #30
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
No, I just had better things to do than trying to educate you but it's raining so I thought I'd type a few words.
You're so clueless it's funny and that isn't a problem but unfortunately for this forum, you're gobby with it so shush and stick to what you know...... which ain't much.
Funny as some one who didn't have a clue about Volvo's you sure think yourself as the residential expert..

I'm all about education as I believe we never know all and have much to learn, so please educate me! But thank Feck your not a teacher as it would seem you don't have the stomach for the difficult..

Maybe you should stick to selling used cars..O sorry you failed at that too..

Gobby??That will be the pot calling the kettle..

Last edited by strbryan; May 22nd, 2016 at 13:10.