Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti-skid service required......still!!!

Views : 2115

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2022, 17:11   #21
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

Hi.
The BCM DTCs are all interlinked...
There is an internal fault in the Brake control Module...
There is a fault in the connection between the BCM and the Yaw Sensor (either ground or CANBUS)
or you may be lucky and there is a fault in the Yaw Sensor instead.
First move is to change the Yaw Sensor. If that don`t work to test the wiring between Yaw sensor and BCM and to test the grounds.
If that don`t work then the fault must be internal BCM and i think you`re looking at a new module from Volvo because it`s coded to the car and won`t work without showing a fault light on another vehicle.
Just as an aside turn ign on and listen to the pump motor on top of the BCM
(screwdriver to your ear works well ) You should hear the hum as it runs.
It`s not unknown for these to be bad. They can be swopped out no problem.
VOLVOBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 17:55   #22
Mattttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOBOY View Post
Hi.
The BCM DTCs are all interlinked...
There is an internal fault in the Brake control Module...
There is a fault in the connection between the BCM and the Yaw Sensor (either ground or CANBUS)
or you may be lucky and there is a fault in the Yaw Sensor instead.
First move is to change the Yaw Sensor. If that don`t work to test the wiring between Yaw sensor and BCM and to test the grounds.
If that don`t work then the fault must be internal BCM and i think you`re looking at a new module from Volvo because it`s coded to the car and won`t work without showing a fault light on another vehicle.
Just as an aside turn ign on and listen to the pump motor on top of the BCM
(screwdriver to your ear works well ) You should hear the hum as it runs.
It`s not unknown for these to be bad. They can be swopped out no problem.
Hi mate, bcm has been removed and repaired, had an abs warning light, that now goes out after about 5mins actually driving, ive already changed the yaw control sensor assuming the new one was good, got off eBay was told it came out of a working vehicle
Mattttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 20:42   #23
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

So that covers the BCM and Yaw Sensor.
What about the wiring ?
Sounds very much like a signal issue but check the pump - it costs nothing. It may have a dodgy power supply problem . That may be why the ABS light is on briefly.
Are those DTCs you quoted historical or active ?
What was wrong with the BCM in the first place that needed repair ?
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 21:36   #24
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Im not sure it does cover the AYS to be honest, my gut reaction would be seeing as that's the more questionable item, maybe look at some way of trying another one?

borrow one if possible, or take a punt on another cheap 2nd hand? how much did you pay for it

seeing as the BCM has been repaired perhaps that's less likely to be duff? (although theoretically still could be)

sorry I know none of that is very helpful really.. just saying really you haven't 100% ruled anything out yet

I'm saying this with experience of trying to replace an O2 sensor in my scooby (previous car) I went through 3 of them before eventually biting the bullet, going to the stealer and coming away a shocking £200 lighter, but with no fault

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; Jun 18th, 2022 at 21:40.
stuart bowes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 21:55   #25
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

No , I`m not convinced by any of it either although you`d have to be pretty unlucky to fit an item with the same fault.
I `m still inclined to think it`s a wiring issue . He`s changed two items ( Y/S and repaired BCM ) and a fault is still there. That fault seems to have changed from a Traction Control issue to an ABS issue which is puzzling .
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 22:07   #26
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

is there anything that can be done at the sensor plugs to check for voltage, or continuity, etc

I wouldn't know where to start with that, i managed to find the pinout info for my throttle body when that was an issue, just to confirm the voltage was ok, but still had like 4 other pins where I just had to shrug and say maybe they're good, who knows

-------------------------
mini project - link
stuart bowes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 22:12   #27
Mattttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOBOY View Post
So that covers the BCM and Yaw Sensor.
What about the wiring ?
Sounds very much like a signal issue but check the pump - it costs nothing. It may have a dodgy power supply problem . That may be why the ABS light is on briefly.
Are those DTCs you quoted historical or active ?
What was wrong with the BCM in the first place that needed repair ?
Well apparently they suffer from dry solder joints, so the guy reflowed them, could of done myself but he offers a warranty
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 22:12   #28
Mattttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
Im not sure it does cover the AYS to be honest, my gut reaction would be seeing as that's the more questionable item, maybe look at some way of trying another one?

borrow one if possible, or take a punt on another cheap 2nd hand? how much did you pay for it

seeing as the BCM has been repaired perhaps that's less likely to be duff? (although theoretically still could be)

sorry I know none of that is very helpful really.. just saying really you haven't 100% ruled anything out yet

I'm saying this with experience of trying to replace an O2 sensor in my scooby (previous car) I went through 3 of them before eventually biting the bullet, going to the stealer and coming away a shocking £200 lighter, but with no fault
Yea it is possible to have item U/S on fot (unserviceable) it does happen got the AYC off ebay think it was £30
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 07:49   #29
Alex C

Did you check your ABS ring teeth?
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2022, 09:23   #30
Mattttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C View Post
Did you check your ABS ring teeth?
Yea ones brand new as i changed the shaft, the other isnt cracked, it looks ok to me, doesn't need replacing imo at least