Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SE Lux VS RDesign Lux

Views : 11762

Replies : 76

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 14th, 2016, 15:21   #21
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomisEgnar View Post

Personal Car Communicator
If you are going for the PCC, best option is going for the Security Pack at £800 which is PCC + laminated windows, laminated windows on their own around £675, with PCC on its own at £550. Laminated windows are good to prevent break ins. Some do not like them because they are harder to smash if the driver/pasengers need to get out in an emergency. Personal choice really.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2016, 21:25   #22
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
If you are going for the PCC, best option is going for the Security Pack at £800 which is PCC + laminated windows, laminated windows on their own around £675, with PCC on its own at £550. Laminated windows are good to prevent break ins. Some do not like them because they are harder to smash if the driver/pasengers need to get out in an emergency. Personal choice really.

Regards
Not only is the security improved, but it makes the interior a little quieter. It does give me confidence that 'smash and grab' (which occurred to me once many years ago abroad) is virtually impossible with '360' laminated glass. Very few other manufacturers offer this (the Porsche Macan does - at a price).
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2016, 17:43   #23
St James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiefen100 View Post
Oh and polestar on D4 is now available which I couldn't factor in when ordered mine. The car isn't exactly slow so is this worth it? Enhanced torque profile would always be nice to have.

I'm thinking of having it as a treat in a few months maybe, or at first service... once someone on here can give it a review!
I have Polestar.

Get it.

It changes the way the car drives massively.....for the better.
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2016, 19:10   #24
Escobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by St James View Post
I have Polestar.

Get it.

Seconded! What a difference.
Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2016, 19:29   #25
marchesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by St James View Post
I have Polestar.

Get it.

How?

Although this can apparently be no more than idle curiosity on my part, since it doesn't seem to be offered for the 190 bhp D4 AWD XC60
marchesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2016, 22:39   #26
bobby2000
VOC Member

Had laminated glass in my 2013 Peugeot 508 rxh and also have it in my 2009 Peugeot 407 coupe
both standard fit.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2016, 20:40   #27
Warkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Not only is the security improved, but it makes the interior a little quieter. It does give me confidence that 'smash and grab' (which occurred to me once many years ago abroad) is virtually impossible with '360' laminated glass. Very few other manufacturers offer this (the Porsche Macan does - at a price).
But, make sure you have a glass breaker in the car. Go off the road into water for example, until the rescue service arrives, no be can break in to rescue you
Warkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2016, 11:06   #28
Robbiefen100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
Seconded! What a difference.
Go onto the polestar website, I think it's available for either the 4 or 5 cylinder D4 engines.

But I want to hear from a member that has had their 190 VEA D4 polestar'd. Front wheel drive may struggle with the changes, although they're not offering he full power and torque potential of the VEA engine in the xc60 are they!
Old Feb 17th, 2016, 13:08   #29
St James

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchesman View Post
How?

Although this can apparently be no more than idle curiosity on my part, since it doesn't seem to be offered for the 190 bhp D4 AWD XC60
Firstly, it increases the BHP and Torque; however, the important thing is that the slight increase in torque (420nm to 440nm for mine) is then available over a much WIDER rev range, so the delivery is just so much better.

They also remap the auto box to the new map settings, so the geartronic is much smoother too.

J
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St James For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 17th, 2016, 14:29   #30
elephuntle

Smile

I would strongly recommend that you do not fit 20" wheels, especially with the firmer R Design suspension. In my experience huge wheels with elastic band tyres absolutely destroys a cars compliance and therefore comfort. They may look good (if you think looking like a drug dealer looks good) they may even give your car fractionally more grip on hot dry tarmac but are they really a good idea?
Remember, you will only experience the advantages of these wheels in extreme circumstances and on the limit. You will appreciate extra comfort every time you drive the car.
A lot may depend on the sort of driving you do and on how good the roads are around you.
As far as extras go, I would always make sure you get bendy xenon lights, sat nav and heated leather seats most of the rest is a waste of money. My car has a panoramic roof which I really like but I bought the car second hand and someone else had paid for the option.
elephuntle is offline   Reply With Quote