Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Front camera

Views : 8732

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 16th, 2012, 00:00   #21
Mrjon
Master Member

Well, it can be but the view is at 90 degrees to your direction of travel so its not the best for parking to be honest, the front sensors are a better bet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrjon For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 08:16   #22
844PHW
Master Member

I received a copy of "My Volvo" magazine for Summer 2012 this weekend (apparently the Olympics are next year so they say). Among the blurb it implies that the blind view camera is now available at a reduced price. £405 is what they mention.
Old Apr 16th, 2012, 22:01   #23
Zigster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Within a few weeks of my new car arriving I found I was having problem pulling safely out of my drive. Some of the trees that form part of the front hedge are planted too close to the pavement so even witha hard trimming I was still struggling to see other vehicles. The solution was to fit a front view camera which luckily is an Accessory rather than Option with the XC60 and therefore could be done by my local dealer. The total cost was £395.

The first image is the position the car had to be in to be able to see down the road before the camera was fitted.

Attachment 40703

The next image shows the camera displayed on the front screen. As you see it’s a split view simultaneously showing the view in both directions.

Attachment 40704

The last image is the position of the car at the time the second image was taken.

Attachment 40705

Quite impressive.
Hi, Shona. When I looked at your photos, something looked oddly familiar. At first I thought I must be mistaken but my wife agrees: I think you live about 5 doors down from me!

We're picking up our XC60 at the weekend. Front camera fitted for the exact same reason as you.

Simon
Zigster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 11:36   #24
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

Isn't it a friendly board, I hope you do live on the same street....

I ended up getting the Front & Rear Cameras, IMHO the Rear are a must on a big car like an XC60 / XC70 the Front Camera is like BLISS or City Safe as in seems pointless until you come to really need them. But if you have a bad get out that you use often they maybe more important.

It would of been nice if the Front Camera also has a Front View and not just 90 degrees to make it easier when parking.

XC70 SE Lux D5 (215bhp) Geartronic (2012MY)
Drivers Pack, Security Pack, Winter Pack, Family Pack, Dark Tint Glass,
Active 4C, Front & Rear Cameras, DAB Radio, Spoiler & Side Scuff Plates.
Chaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 10:46   #25
XC604Me

Cool Blind View Camera

Hi
Could anyone tell me if the Blind View Camera gives a decent image at night (similar to the Rear Camera) Got some tight side roads, where peeps like parking on corners in South London......

Also, once fitted by Volvo, how is unit turned on?

Thanks

David
XC604Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 11:21   #26
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Location: Choosing which Volvo to go out in Today !!! lex parsimoniae

How Weird I was just Thinking about fitting a Front Camera on my C70 because I just Bought This >>>>>>>>>>>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-REAR-V...item231b981f3b

As you can see it has TWO AV"IN" sockets 1 fer the rear Cam & a "Spare" just thinkin if I should fit a cam in the front bumper & utilise the other AV IN socket

Keith
1994 960 CD 3.0 Estate ("The Purple Monster")
VOC 25900 lex parsimoniae
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 13:18   #27
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigster View Post
Hi, Shona. When I looked at your photos, something looked oddly familiar. At first I thought I must be mistaken but my wife agrees: I think you live about 5 doors down from me!

We're picking up our XC60 at the weekend. Front camera fitted for the exact same reason as you.

Simon
Simon
You boys must live on a very long street or only use your cars at night time & them parking in a garage during daylight hrs not to have noticed your next+4 neighbour having the same excellent taste in cars as you do.....................!!
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 14:57   #28
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
...not to have noticed your next+4 neighbour having the same excellent taste in cars as you do.....................!!
funny you should say that. i've never seen an xc60 near where i live until today. i saw one parked 2 doors down at the local tesco. 61 plate, saville grey.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 19:53   #29
Marcotommohawk

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Within a few weeks of my new car arriving I found I was having problem pulling safely out of my drive. Some of the trees that form part of the front hedge are planted too close to the pavement so even witha hard trimming I was still struggling to see other vehicles. The solution was to fit a front view camera which luckily is an Accessory rather than Option with the XC60 and therefore could be done by my local dealer. The total cost was £395.

The first image is the position the car had to be in to be able to see down the road before the camera was fitted.

Attachment 40703

The next image shows the camera displayed on the front screen. As you see it’s a split view simultaneously showing the view in both directions.

Attachment 40704

The last image is the position of the car at the time the second image was taken.

Attachment 40705

Quite impressive.
That's is brillant, do you have to have the 7" screen or can it be done on the 5"
Marcotommohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 21:37   #30
Zigster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotommohawk View Post
That's is brillant, do you have to have the 7" screen or can it be done on the 5"
7", I'm afraid. No idea why.

@ simonjedrake
Not that long a street but all the houses set back a bit plus we've only loved there a year so haven't met all the neighbours. I did know the people at that house had just got an XC60 - just a little surprising to see the photo of my road and realise that that member was a neighbour!
Zigster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zigster For This Useful Post: