Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - MY14 Bumper sill protection

Views : 22021

Replies : 156

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 10th, 2014, 16:25   #21
Harvey1512
Premier Member

No, I got it fitted by the dealer. I suspect the adhesive used does not give you any wriggle room and I didn't want to put it on at the wrong angle or not properly centred. That would have annoyed me for the next three years. In the end they charged me/my firm £44 plus VAT, reclaimable, and I didn't see anything online that suggested a saving by buying a strip and fitting it myself.

I was able to transfer my boot liner from my V60. It is a little narrower than the XC60 boot but not by enough to warrant buying another one. A boot liner is an essential for me. I did look online last night in case my mat did not fit at all and was a bit punchy after a while. Lots of places say they have one for an XC60 whereas the reality is they are cut to size jobs. Others have pictures of mats that don't look the same shape as an XC60 boot. All very confusing.

Add ons do become addictive. I am currently looking at a Brodit satnav holder to replace my trusty navmat. I don't really need one but it would look nicer and be less clumsy. Are car accessories the male version of women buying an outift and then having to buy new shoes, a bag etc to match?
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 16:40   #22
swishtony
Master Member

I think so, my other half is always going about the importance of 'accessorising' so I feel I have free licence!

I think a lot of these items that aren't genuine are never quite the real deal, bad fit, shoddy workmanship etc etc. I usually try to buy genuine unless there is a massive saving. It's like the full boot liners that cost around £180, very expensive but a good copy seems to go for about £140 so for the sake of saving £40 I'm more inclined to go genuine parts. That's just me I guess, I like quality and hate buying things that are second best.

Thanks for the info on the protector, my thoughts precisely, it's like phone screens, slightly off centre and they're good for the bin. That's another thing I never scrimp on, I always go for the Moshi ones, have them on both my iPhone and iPad and they are amazing, guaranteed zero bubbles, can be washed and replaced numerous times and they fit perfectly. Expensive but I've had one on my iPad for a few years now and you can't even notice it.
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 09:22   #23
PipPip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
Thanks, have asked if the stainless protector will fit a MY14 bumper
Hi, did you get an answer to this? Just collected our XC60 on Friday (first impressions are excellent!) and I do think the rear bumper needs protection.
PipPip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 16:24   #24
Razer

Sadly not, i refuse to chase again.
MY05 - S60 D5 SE (2006-2009)
Razer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 16:38   #25
MikeIOW
Premier Member

I asked, and they said they "weren't sure, sorry".

Anyone with a 14.5 or even MY15 with an XC able to confirm how the bumper in the picture compares ? (there are some close-up pics on the ebay page!)

I know bumpers can be one area that can be tweaked between model years, but I would be surprised if it would not fit....
A reminder - the bumper protector I am talking about here is http://tinyurl.com/obj9wml - I think it looks pretty good, and ought to fit well, given the silver body strip along the sides....
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 16:54   #26
Considered1
Premier Member

cant say for sure Mike but looks just the job if it fits (id get it checked or buy it and sell again if it doesnt fit), I currently have a piece of Volvo Material that folds out, not a long term solution
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 22:47   #27
swishtony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer View Post
Sadly not, i refuse to chase again.
Gets infuriating eh? The amount of time I used to spend chasing people, with whom I often intend to spend my hard earned money, drives me mad. I'm the same now, I give people one chance, if they don't respond that's it. I find customer service in this country is getting worse and worse, it sometimes feels like nobody really cares any more.

I phoned one company twice recently, they do new car protection. I would have been spending around £1000 with them. They came very highly recommended so really wanted to use them. I was twice promised that someone would call me, I even double checked they had my right number. A week later they returned my call, unbelievable. Recession, what recession?!
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 22:47   #28
swishtony
Master Member

Would love to know if anyone has installed one of these, anybody?
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 12:51   #29
PipPip

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
Would love to know if anyone has installed one of these, anybody?
I asked if it fitted the 2014 XC60 and they said it does so I have one on order. Will let you know if it fits or if I need to send it back!
PipPip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PipPip For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 15:25   #30
Razer

absolutely, if they cant be bothered to help me out then they wont get my business. Afterall its a sale for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
Gets infuriating eh? The amount of time I used to spend chasing people, with whom I often intend to spend my hard earned money, drives me mad. I'm the same now, I give people one chance, if they don't respond that's it. I find customer service in this country is getting worse and worse, it sometimes feels like nobody really cares any more.

I phoned one company twice recently, they do new car protection. I would have been spending around £1000 with them. They came very highly recommended so really wanted to use them. I was twice promised that someone would call me, I even double checked they had my right number. A week later they returned my call, unbelievable. Recession, what recession?!
MY05 - S60 D5 SE (2006-2009)
Razer is offline   Reply With Quote