Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

CEM Problem

Views : 13788

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 19:06   #21
Steve Hac

Another day another reason for the problem!!

9.00 am - Phone Volvo UK - tell them I want it sorting TODAY. By 5pm I want to know where I stand..ok Mr H, not good enough, very sorry..I'll contact dealer and get back to you.

2pm - phone Volvo UK, so update me.. he hasn't been able to speak to dealer, have they called me? FFS!! Leave it with me

4pm phone Volvo UK, what is going on??, as I speak my mobile goes..

Dealer!!!!! - Identified problem..not wiring loom..fuse box gone "due to shorting caused by water getting in when CEM was wet" - £380, tell them they're having a laugh, go away and re consider

4.05 - Volvo UK phone me back and say if Johnsons come down by 10% they'll match it. I tell them its an insult and hang up.

4.14 get name of senior service manager for Johnsons group, phone him, he apologises for my being ****ed off, runs through my concerns says "well we certainly haven't covered ourselves in glory, I'll contact dealer and speak to service manager"

4.30 he phones back and has asked service manager to phone me.

4.35 - service manager phones.."I understand you've been speaking to Mr X and have got some questions" Well its nice to speak to you too!!
He informs me that only one engineer in last week, he spent 16 hrs sourcing problem they are only billing me one hour of labour and balance is cost + 5% on parts. I tell him I'm ****ed off at having had no car for a fortnight and no phonecalls for a week, whats he going to do to make me a bit happier - Nothing is the answer..although more flowery prose was used.

BTW he has the cheek to say they offered me a courtesy car before xmas, which frankly is bollocks because they promised me my car before xmas, and then the 29th and then...

Part is ordered and because I'm desperate for my car, I'll end up paying..but I will have one last salvo at Volvo tomorrow. For all the acknowledgement of how I have been let down, when it comes down to it, they've offered nothing to placate me. So tomorrow the Watchdog card will be played but I doubt it will have an effect..

sorry for the rant..
Steve Hac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 19:31   #22
gmain1967
Premier Member

That's not a rant. It's understandable frustration.

I presume you have means to back up the issue and the ongoing saga? If so, there is a simple course of action.

Has the dealer invoiced you in the past for work done? If so, I would pick the car up, and ask that they bill you as normal. Then refuse to pay. Pass the documenting informtion as to the issues and downright poor service to a lawyer. And advise VolvoUK and the dealer, that due to their unacceptable behaviour and frankly, lack of customer care, professionalism etc, that you are seeking damages from them. Time, phonecalls, inconvenience, lack of car (despite promises)... Everything. Also advise that you are/have (delete as necessary), contacted local trading standards. They will fight the corner in cases like this.

And yes, DO contact Watchdog. I thought I was going out on a limb, but they were investigating the bigger picture, of which my complaint was part. My ongoing issue was resolved in a matter of a couple of weeks, with ALL costs that I was being demanded for, being dropped. they tried to get me to make a "token" payment and I refused on the grounds that if 95% of the cost could miraculously be wiped off, so could the last 5%. I never heard any more, and have never dealt with that company since.

PS: I had a bill problem with a Sierra 4x4 years ago - Ford dealer charged me for compliance bushes, a month after they sold it to me with a brand new MOT. I refused, got threatened with court action, and got AA/RAC advice to back up my case. Strangely enough, they didn't pursue it. Might be worthwhile you ran through this with them too - a good "independent" ally.

All the best
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 19:59   #23
Steve Hac

An end to the saga almost..
first thing yesterday morning I had a fawning phonecall from the service dept - tellingly not Mr Happy, part was ordered but not in and they had knocked £150 off the bill. Would ring later when it arrived.
Phone again at 3pm, part arrived but due to weather unlikely to be fitted and road tested by end of play, sorry (methinks someone has had a bollocking).
10am today, car ready, cost £196 - roughly half the previous quote..which means I go back to volvo tomorrow to get them to pay the other half, as they agreed to match any dealer reduction I obtained.
Thanks for your comments and advice, I'm sure it helped my bargaining..
Steve Hac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 20:30   #24
gmain1967
Premier Member

Well, a hell of a lot less than it was looking like at one point.

I'm very dogmatic at these things nowadays and would dig my heels in until the dealer/Volvo UK foot the whole bill.

The dealer's ineptitude at even pinpointing the fault and rectifying it is beyond a joke, as is the lack of courtesy car. Volvo UK should be concerned about that.

Regards
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote