Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 850 T5 Saloon Stage 3 287bhp Manual

Views : 4597

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 14:24   #21
samura1
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnash2002 View Post
Yes there is know question about the turbo making 280bhp it would probably make that not a problem but at only 13psi i dont think so.

your so wrong m8 it has been on the rollers before and it made 287 injectors are running high but been holding fine for a 7months av had 3 and breaking 1 with similar mod
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 14:27   #22
samura1
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
I do - If you don't want to ... that's up to you but they can be very mean indeed apparently if you have a bad smash - engineers crawling the car etc to find something wrong, and if they do - you won't be covered.

I think up to 440's post everything was reasonable - just questions and comments - and I hope it remains so

Still - once someone has read the comments they can make their own mind up - and it does look like a decent motor for the money aside from the Cat issue.
the cars on a trader insurance
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 14:30   #23
samura1
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt5 View Post
what are you selling off the breaking car as i might be ibterested in some parts pm me the info please, thanks in advance.
T5 r alloys
t5r front bumper
3" downpipe
16t turbo
its an estate in red t5 r lookalike
302mm disks front
drillled and grooved at back
7 seater leather conversion
engine box etc...
doors wings bonnet etc...
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 14:50   #24
Claymore
VOC Member

how much for the down pipe?
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 15:45   #25
richardt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samura1 View Post
T5 r alloys
t5r front bumper
3" downpipe
16t turbo
its an estate in red t5 r lookalike
302mm disks front
drillled and grooved at back
7 seater leather conversion
engine box etc...
doors wings bonnet etc...
why are you breaking her couldnt you fix it? what do you want for the front and back discs? are they brand new and do you have any pads to go with them? pm me about this please thanks.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 15:48   #26
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Quote:
the cars on a trader insurance
So you are a trader?....

Quote:
your so wrong m8 it has been on the rollers before and it made 287 injectors are running high but been holding fine for a 7months av had 3 and breaking 1 with similar mod
I would love to see the graph and the AFR figures.

What happens if climate change is a big hoax and we end up making a better world for nothing?

Last edited by The Hitcher; Feb 12th, 2011 at 16:02.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 15:58   #27
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Quote:
not to mention how thick their are as its upto the person who buys the car to tell the insurance company that its modified not
No its not, it is a condition of every insurance policy that all material information (including modifications) are disclosed to insurers at inception or at renewal, if the material information changes mid term...

The chances of an insurer repudiating a claim for non disclosure of a de-cat?.
Not much i doubt.

The chances of running a old granny over who steps out infront of you on a zebra crossing?
Not much i doubt.

But it happens;

What happens if climate change is a big hoax and we end up making a better world for nothing?
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 16:22   #28
t4 tony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaKaWi View Post
Errrrr, in my case, most definitely. I've even had to change insurance companies after one of the mods because my original insurer wouldn't accept W/I on their policy.

If you don't declare a modification (and from your post it would seem you are an advocate of such) there are some things you should be aware of:

1. In the event of any incident, irrespective of fault, your claim will be liable for rejection. If it's not your fault and you pursue the other party, you'll find that they will happily inform the Police of your driving without insurance (see point 3).

2. If you have an incident, and you are at fault, you will be PERSONALLY liable for all costs incurred by the other party, this includes all medical bills.

3. You are driving without insurance, I'll let you look up the penalties for that particular offence.

On a personal note, I actually think your attitude is disgusting. How would you react if someone with no insurance were to damage your car?
i do tell my insurance about my mods i never said i did'nt. for what it's worth i was pointing some thing out, as for my de cat pipe it's not on the car yet and it will be getting a 100cel cat put into the pipe before i fit it, nobody jumped up to tell me to check with my insurance or the like when i asked about fitting it as is, (i did the same to my t4 i had a 100 cel cat in that.) i also own a streetfighter honda fireblade, that was standard before i tinkered with it, this too has all mods declared, i would'nt like to crash that and try to say it was a complete unmodified bike, lol. so i apply the same thought and practise to my cars. cheers gents.

p.s. offer still there if any one wants me to take a look ?

currently audi a4 avant
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 17:21   #29
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4 tony View Post
i do tell my insurance about my mods i never said i did'nt.
Indeed but the whole tone of your post was that you were not in favour of disclosing material information:
Quote:
all this for the sake of a cat ???
i dont see any one moaning at them (us) about not having them fitted ???
i mean come on, dose every one tell their insurance dude about all there mods ? e.g, lowering, alloys, cat backs ???
You dont really expect me to think this is the comment of a man who declares his mods.?

Quote:
also there is a lot of members running no cats that just put them back on for the mots, i dont see any one moaning at them (us) about not having them fitted ???
Quote:
as for my de cat pipe it's not on the car yet
Either you have of you have not?

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 17:29   #30
t4 tony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitcher View Post
Indeed but the whole tone of your post was that you were not in favour of disclosing material information:

You dont really expect me to think this is the comment of a man who declares his mods.?

Either you have of you have not?
ok ok, it was early this morning when i posted the op, sorry for the way i worded it, i did'nt realise it would be totally pulled to bits and chucked back at me. sorry. lol. and what have i or have not ? the de cat pipe is'nt in my possession yet volvoexpress still has it, and yes the insurer dose have my mods recorded.

currently audi a4 avant

Last edited by t4 tony; Feb 12th, 2011 at 17:33.
Closed Thread