Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

what type of power would i have v70R awd

Views : 7707

Replies : 78

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 13th, 2010, 06:28   #21
gmain1967
Premier Member

Default Oh for Gods Sake

FoggyJames, you went part of the way here about someone wandering into an interent drama. Whatever "hostility" there may be on T5D5, it seems to be transferring itself over to here.

Certain folks who have posted on this thread, are simply out to have a personal go at other members. They say black, the other will say white.

Quite what the background is between certain folk and allegiances or grievances to Don and Kalmar Union, should be neither here nor there to me. When they start dragging a forum down and hijacking threads however, they are an issue to me

strbryan seems to have posted here with no other intention, than to start aggro. Then others see fit to join the bun fight.

I noticed that S60Ben took exception to someone (Turkish) apparently having a problem with Don. Whether that is, or is not, correct, take a look at yourself first. Together with strbryan (and others), you seek to jump in on any thread where RT Mechanics have commented, and again, your aim is solely to try and cause trouble. You clearly have a problem with RT Mechanics.

We know the RT Mechanics saga, and like yourselves, also know that comment by Russ, is prohibited. By law. All these digs are doing is to stir things up, which is not constructive. Other threads of recent days have degenerated the same way.

A car sale by a member (Rnash2002, with whom both S60Ben and strbryan must have a grievance), was sunk by both just trying to pull the car and it's spec apart. Fine if you are going to police every "for sale" on the forum, but again it just degenerated into a personal attack.

strbryan - you also decided to stir things up with a new member who posted about his project - "project parents car". You made that guy about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. Numerous other threads have gone likewise. These are in the sapce of a few days - so many others have gone the same way.

All I see is rudeness, arrogance, and above all, an air of "untouchability".

To date, I have benefited greatly from this forum and having browsed the T5D5 forum, seen it to be a vehicle for certain cliques to have a laugh at others expense. volvoforums.org.uk seems rather less that way inclined - can it be kept that way? I don't really see why those of us not wanting to get involved in personal battles, or with grievances against a trader or whatever, should have to steer clear of threads which others decide to make their own battleground.

If people want to continue that line, then may I suggest you stick to the T5D5 forum, and it's "hostility" that foggyjames mentions, as it is clearly more suited to confrontational styles?

And above all, may I politely point out that I have no allegiances to any parties mentioned here, merely that I am sick of having to listen to arguments and bickering and don't see why the majority of forum members have to tread warily through the minefield that some threads become.

Thankyou

Grant
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gmain1967 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 09:30   #22
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
FoggyJames, you went part of the way here about someone wandering into an interent drama. Whatever "hostility" there may be on T5D5, it seems to be transferring itself over to here.

Certain folks who have posted on this thread, are simply out to have a personal go at other members. They say black, the other will say white.

Quite what the background is between certain folk and allegiances or grievances to Don and Kalmar Union, should be neither here nor there to me. When they start dragging a forum down and hijacking threads however, they are an issue to me

strbryan seems to have posted here with no other intention, than to start aggro. Then others see fit to join the bun fight.

I noticed that S60Ben took exception to someone (Turkish) apparently having a problem with Don. Whether that is, or is not, correct, take a look at yourself first. Together with strbryan (and others), you seek to jump in on any thread where RT Mechanics have commented, and again, your aim is solely to try and cause trouble. You clearly have a problem with RT Mechanics.

We know the RT Mechanics saga, and like yourselves, also know that comment by Russ, is prohibited. By law. All these digs are doing is to stir things up, which is not constructive. Other threads of recent days have degenerated the same way.

A car sale by a member (Rnash2002, with whom both S60Ben and strbryan must have a grievance), was sunk by both just trying to pull the car and it's spec apart. Fine if you are going to police every "for sale" on the forum, but again it just degenerated into a personal attack.

strbryan - you also decided to stir things up with a new member who posted about his project - "project parents car". You made that guy about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. Numerous other threads have gone likewise. These are in the sapce of a few days - so many others have gone the same way.

All I see is rudeness, arrogance, and above all, an air of "untouchability".

To date, I have benefited greatly from this forum and having browsed the T5D5 forum, seen it to be a vehicle for certain cliques to have a laugh at others expense. volvoforums.org.uk seems rather less that way inclined - can it be kept that way? I don't really see why those of us not wanting to get involved in personal battles, or with grievances against a trader or whatever, should have to steer clear of threads which others decide to make their own battleground.

If people want to continue that line, then may I suggest you stick to the T5D5 forum, and it's "hostility" that foggyjames mentions, as it is clearly more suited to confrontational styles?

And above all, may I politely point out that I have no allegiances to any parties mentioned here, merely that I am sick of having to listen to arguments and bickering and don't see why the majority of forum members have to tread warily through the minefield that some threads become.

Thankyou

Grant

So I presume you would be quite happy if people from T5D5 did not warn members on here about potentially unscrupulous people trying to pull a fast one.

RE the Russ saga - lets face it Russ created the situation, allowed it to get to court and we all now know how it turned out. What puzzles me is that the VOC still allow him to advertise on this site and in the club magazine.

It seems to me that you don't like the conflicts that are going on (understandable - I don't particularly like conflicts either) but haven't got the foggiest idea as to WHY they are going on.

If this is indeed the case you may wish to do some further reading on T5D5 to find out why the conflicts exist and you will actually find out that both s60ben and strbryan are actually trying to help people on here.

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to acshortt5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 17:16   #23
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acshortt5 View Post
So I presume you would be quite happy if people from T5D5 did not warn members on here about potentially unscrupulous people trying to pull a fast one.

RE the Russ saga - lets face it Russ created the situation, allowed it to get to court and we all now know how it turned out. What puzzles me is that the VOC still allow him to advertise on this site and in the club magazine.

It seems to me that you don't like the conflicts that are going on (understandable - I don't particularly like conflicts either) but haven't got the foggiest idea as to WHY they are going on.

If this is indeed the case you may wish to do some further reading on T5D5 to find out why the conflicts exist and you will actually find out that both s60ben and strbryan are actually trying to help people on here.
I have no issue with anyone genuinely trying to help others. However, there is helping, and then there is just stirring things or trying to cause grief. I joined this forum with no axe to grind with anyone - as indeed I would still like to think - and comment merely on what I see. As regards the RT Mechanics issue, I too am perplexed as to why the advertisement persists, but that is a forum issue and not one for me to call.

The help here seems in some instances, to be selective i.e. if you are part of the "in crowd", then fine. If you are not, you are liable to ridicule and general mickey taking.

And what I can see clearly from my post is that there are those that agree with my points (whom I do not know), and those who are going to disagree with my points (whom I also do not know). As I say, I comment on what I see, not any hidden agenda that I know nothing about or indeed, probably want to know anything about. That in itself pretty much illustrates my point I think?

And at the end of the day, if I can look further on the T5D5 forum and find out what conflicts exist and why, what is the purpose in dragging self same conflicts across into another supposedly "less hostile" (not my words) forum?

Anyhow, I feel I have made my point and will leave this thread be. I will however be an interested observer from now, and curious to see how it pans out.

Without prejudice

Grant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gmain1967 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 18:24   #24
strbryan
I've Been Banned

gmain1967 my good man, you really need to get out of belonging to only one forum and venture out.

You might notice that 3 of your supporters are actually in a group of there own and have been found to be fraudsters via T5D5.You only have to venture onto t5D5 to find there select group.

As for "stir things up with a new member" yet again you need to open your eyes where you will find I corrected him on his listings of "standard" R parts.

I to will leave it at this as IMO acshortt5 has summed you up nicely
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 18:29   #25
gmain1967
Premier Member

Ok, against what I said, but to set the record straight...

I am a member on two other forums. T5D5 and another that you may not be familiar with VPCUK.....?
The Following User Says Thank You to gmain1967 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 18:32   #26
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

I prefer VPCUK.ORG to T5D5 although I have accounts on both, and started out on T5D5.

This is mainly down to the fact you can post pictures on there easily, and there seems to be more members who post up.

strbryan - I've met gmain and he's cool, if his friends are dodgy I'd say that's his business, I could have sworn I've seen you up and about on vpcuk.org happily posting away like everyone else ? Gmains on there too I'm surprised you missed him.

As for the remap You may as well go for a remap since it's so cheap and will give you quite a performance boost. MTE, Rica, HLM and BSR are all much of a muchness - I wouldn't bother with BSR though as their customer service is rubbish (I should know, I've got a BSR map)

Last edited by t5_monkey; Jul 13th, 2010 at 18:37.
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 18:43   #27
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
I prefer VPCUK.ORG to T5D5 although I have accounts on both, and started out on T5D5.

This is mainly down to the fact you can post pictures on there easily, and there seems to be more members who post up.

strbryan - I've met gmain and he's cool, if his friends are dodgy I'd say that's his business, I could have sworn I've seen you up and about on vpcuk.org happily posting away like everyone else ? Gmains on there too I'm surprised you missed him.

As for the remap You may as well go for a remap since it's so cheap and will give you quite a performance boost. MTE, Rica, HLM and BSR are all much of a muchness - I wouldn't bother with BSR though as their customer service is rubbish (I should know, I've got a BSR map)
I did wonder how long it would take you to join in.I was referring to the members who thanked gmain1967 for his bafta award winning speech.

Your right about me not posting on VPChav but the simple fact is I don't have the tuning ability's for such a chavtastic forum.O and VPChav wouldn't allow me to rejoin after the big HLM crash.

Hows your pink of milk going down, is it still making you look manly?

Last edited by strbryan; Jul 13th, 2010 at 18:47.
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 18:54   #28
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
I did wonder how long it would take you to join in.I was referring to the members who thanked gmain1967 for his bafta award winning speech.

Your right about me not posting on VPChav but the simple fact is I don't have the tuning ability's for such a chavtastic forum.O and VPChav wouldn't allow me to rejoin after the big HLM crash.

Hows your pink of milk going down, is it still making you look manly?
relax, take a massage - have you tried yoga or meditation?? I've always found that going for a walk helps a lot too - stress just isn't good for you! Whale music is good too...

PS - I joined in right after I finished my glass of milk As for being manly, I can be as girly as I want *giggles*

Last edited by t5_monkey; Jul 13th, 2010 at 18:59.
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 18:59   #29
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
relax, take a massage - have your yoga or meditation? I've always found that going for a walk helps a lot too - stress just isn't good for you.

PS - I joined in right after I finished my glass of milk.
Clearly you don't know me, nor do you need to give any life advice mate

Do you find walking make you look manly?Whilst flexing your muscles at the young girls mind you don't trip....
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 19:03   #30
Rnash2002
Master Member

[QUOTE=strbryan;704562]You might notice that 3 of your supporters are actually in a group of there own and have been found to be fraudsters via T5D5[QUOTE]
Very bold words,i hope your not implying im a FRAUDSTERS??