Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Nextbase DVD Players

Views : 17678

Replies : 60

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 15:57   #21
Pieter11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post
Cheers - I didn't think of Halfords. Anyhow, I was popped into an independent computer shop in Harrogate and the very friendly owner let me have a root through his "box of bits" and I found 8 M3 machine screws that do the job perfectly. No charge!

Got the whole thing rigged up last night and I must say I am very impressed with the setup. Harldy any cables on show and the mounts/fixings are rock solid on the back of the seats. This has got to be the next best thing compared to the Volvo In-Headrest screens. Cost me £400 for the 2 DVD Players/Wireless Headphones and about £70 for the mount kits. The added bonus is that the DVD players work outside of the car, they play DVD-R (including Dual Layer) discs perfectly and I understand that I could also play Div-X (AVI) movies straight from a USB stick if I want to as well.
Where did you order the mount kits from?

Thanks
Pieter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 11:36   #22
TheDufster

www.mountonus.com

or

www.dsldevelopments.com

I usually use dsldevelopments but mountonus had them at a very low price (I think, in error!)

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 00:10   #23
dzphilli

Smile Also wish to fit nextbase click 7 into xc90

We are this weekend collecting our lovely new ex demo XC90 R design - I cant wait.

I have the click 7 duo nextbase system that has been in our renault espace - now wish to transfer to the XC90 as this will be replacing the espace. How gutted am I to see the difficulties with this. I naively assumed it would be a simple bolt onto the headrest posts using the stanchion system we have in the espace. Dash!

I see that we can purchase some alternative brackets from brodit but can anyone enlighten me as to which brackets I need to buy - it is SO confusing!
Can anyone who has any experience of fitting this system advise as to whether this is what I need?

http://mountonus.com/Volvo-XC70/Brod...043-26167.aspx

Thanks very much!!!!
deb x
dzphilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 09:28   #24
Dixie

Hi I've just got an XC90 and have the Click 7 Duo Players so have looked at this thread. The first page of this thread gives some part numbers which people have purchased, if you want to have a read.. they refer to parts

Base/Headrest Mount 811050
Mount and Swivel Holder 215491

They are the ones I think I'm going to order, do double check though! There is also a "shopping wizard" on mountonus website where you can put in your device and car etc and it does come up with these.

The link you've posted looks like a XC70 LHD?

HTH
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:05   #25
TheDufster

From memory the 190043 reference is the one you need. Doesn't matter about LHD/RHD they fit to the seats which doesn't make a difference.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 13:35   #26
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post
From memory the 190043 reference is the one you need. Doesn't matter about LHD/RHD they fit to the seats which doesn't make a difference.
Oh dear, now I'm confused on page 1 the other codes are mentioned (including yourself)... Help!

Can anyone confirm please.

Thanks
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 13:38   #27
dzphilli

Default Thanks :-)

Thank you both. That's really helpful. It's our first xc90 so finding our way somewhat!

I did see the two separate parts mentioned in an earlier post but this seemed to be exactly the right thing in one part?

I'm going to order two anyway so will see I guess! I hope they are right coz the boys still haven't forgiven me for not getting integrated systems (which I agree look cooler) but I really want to be able to NOT have these in the car when popping to the supermarket lol!

Now I need to work out how best to fix a tom-tom kit for iPhone. Didn't get the premium kit - kinda wishing we had now!

Thanks again all
Deb x
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 14:07   #28
TheDufster

Sorry for causing any confusion. When I initially searched, the two references came up. However, on the MountOnUs website, they had it listed as one part (with a new reference). I did have an email exchange going at one point with someone who informed me that the 190043 part was the right one to order.

I ended up ordering a bit blind myself, but was relieved when the right parts turned up.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDufster For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 21:25   #29
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzphilli View Post

I'm going to order two anyway so will see I guess! I hope they are right coz the boys still haven't forgiven me for not getting integrated systems (which I agree look cooler) but I really want to be able to NOT have these in the car when popping to the supermarket lol!

Once you have them, would you mind confirming that these are the right ones so I know when I come to order mine Thanks
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 08:17   #30
dzphilli

Smile

Yep - sure will. After shopping round for these discovered they were out of stock anyway and have to come from Sweden directly. We pick up the xc90 on Saturday so hope to have this system up and running next week - very excited!
The Following User Says Thank You to dzphilli For This Useful Post: