Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polybush kit now installed on V50 D5

Views : 7600

Replies : 48

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 28th, 2012, 21:00   #21
BenB
V50 Driver

Are these kits easy enough to fit? In the pics it looks like you'd get the old by by any means possible, then squeeze the new in with a vice? Simple as that, or is special kit needed?
I'd love to know when this kit is available, at the moment I've found 'the other brand' (not to hijack your thread!) kit but it's a little pricey for me to rush out and buy right away
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BenB For This Useful Post:
Old May 28th, 2012, 23:51   #22
VenomS40
08 Volvo S40 SE Sport R-D

Im interested in getting a full set for my S40. Ive been told on the last MOT that my front ball joint is on its way out. Does this kit cater for that kind of thing too?

Either way I'm interested. Perhaps a group buy as a first time thing if enough interests

Do you provide a fitting service?

Volvo S40 SE Sport R-Design + Winter Pack
VenomS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:59   #23
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Any update on price and is it possible (or will it be possible) to buy just the front or just the rears?
Sorry for the delay in replying chaps! I thought I had this thread set to give me notifications but evidently not!

Yes you'll be able to buy parts from the kit if required, so you can have them done seperately.

Pricing should be finalised later this week!
t: 01623 332233

10% off remaps and vehicle servicing to VolvoForums members
shark90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shark90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:04   #24
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I'd be interested in knowing whether these puppies have any effect on reducing road noise transmission into the cabin through the chassis, does the car drive quieter over bumps or do you still "hear" those bumps?
In theory the stiffer bushes are likely to transmit more road noise, in practise from my own car we can say that they don't. The suspension is generally stiffer which will result in a more direct feel so you'll feel more of what is going on at the tyres, bumps and all.

The Following User Says Thank You to shark90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:06   #25
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenB View Post
Are these kits easy enough to fit? In the pics it looks like you'd get the old by by any means possible, then squeeze the new in with a vice? Simple as that, or is special kit needed?
I'd love to know when this kit is available, at the moment I've found 'the other brand' (not to hijack your thread!) kit but it's a little pricey for me to rush out and buy right away
The short answer is no. I'd say they are "easy" once you have access to a ramp, press and vice and other associated tooling, but you won't be fitting these on a driveway I'd say!

The kit will be available very shortly (just finalising some of the differences required for production).

Would you mind dropping me a PM with the details of the other ones you've been looking at?

Old May 29th, 2012, 11:08   #26
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomS40 View Post
Im interested in getting a full set for my S40. Ive been told on the last MOT that my front ball joint is on its way out. Does this kit cater for that kind of thing too?

Either way I'm interested. Perhaps a group buy as a first time thing if enough interests

Do you provide a fitting service?
The ball joints aren't catered for I'm afraid, and a group buy is a great idea and something that we'd be happy to arrange.

We can also offer fitting at our HQ in Mansfield at a reduced, fixed price labour rate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shark90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2012, 00:33   #27
Axionknight
Premier Member

Will these be available for a lowly 1.6 C30? It's my daily driver and approaching 4 years old/72 thousand miles so I'll be looking at replacing them before long, gonna give it a good overhaul and these may aswell be done aswell.
Axionknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:28   #28
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axionknight View Post
Will these be available for a lowly 1.6 C30? It's my daily driver and approaching 4 years old/72 thousand miles so I'll be looking at replacing them before long, gonna give it a good overhaul and these may aswell be done aswell.
Your bushes will be well gone by now - will feel brand new with a poly set - esp front oil filled wishbone ones.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:29   #29
VenomS40
08 Volvo S40 SE Sport R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark90 View Post
The ball joints aren't catered for I'm afraid, and a group buy is a great idea and something that we'd be happy to arrange.

We can also offer fitting at our HQ in Mansfield at a reduced, fixed price labour rate.
There seems to be a fair bit of interest, if we could whip up a group buy to draw more people in then thats something I'd very much look into taking part in.

Mansfield is a little far from me. I'm guessing a trusted garage should be able to fit this kind of thing or are 'volvo special' tools needed for some parts?

Volvo S40 SE Sport R-Design + Winter Pack
VenomS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 14:12   #30
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Group buy sounds good to me :-)
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:

Tags
vaiotag