Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2000 t4 low rev hesitation

Views : 6473

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 18th, 2009, 19:35   #21
t4 b4192

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
...........i for one are very interested in some pics. I did not know that the kit had an enclosure baffle......that was the very reason i did not bother with a kit because of the hot air syndrome.......very interesting about the comma oil....i have that one in the GDI and it runs really well.....
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 20:57   #22
t4 b4192

and here is another picture

Old Jul 18th, 2009, 21:36   #23
Baffler
Premier Member

Did you have to show off how clean your engine bay is...I know mine is filthy but you didn't need to rub it in

The BSR kit looks nice and tidy in there Do you feel it pulls better with it?

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 21:54   #24
t4 b4192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Did you have to show off how clean your engine bay is...I know mine is filthy but you didn't need to rub it in

The BSR kit looks nice and tidy in there Do you feel it pulls better with it?
I think the bsr is an excellent quality kit that even has a cut out so you can fix the boost control solenoid too it,very well designed and thought out,i could feel a difference when i had fitted it,better throttle response and pulled better,i wish i had took some pictures of my engine bay with my digital camera when i had just cleaned it,i only took them on my phone so not sure if i could upload them or not,i might have a look tomorrow if i can,i'll tell you what i used as well if you want
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 15:47   #25
t4 b4192

my genuine volvo spark plugs arrived this morning and when it finally stops raining i will fit them and see wether it cures my hesitation which seems to be getting worse,the ngk iridium ix's have done nearly 10k now but i will be very suprised if they are at fault,its just a process of elimination and the plugs were the cheapest option,does anyone know who makes the plugs for volvo?
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 18:50   #26
Baffler
Premier Member

They're made by Bosch. There's a little trademark stamp on the side of the plug.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 20:20   #27
t4 b4192

Quote:
They're made by Bosch. There's a little trademark stamp on the side of the plug.
thanks baffler i had a feeling they were bosch,i notice that don at kalmar union sells bosch silver spark plugs for the t4,it will be tomorrow now when i get my plugs in,its rained nearly all day here
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:05   #28
t4 b4192

Default genuine volvo plugs fitted

Right my spark plugs are now fitted and the first thing the car did when i started it was to misfire for a few seconds,anyway i had to take my son swimming so off i went and the misfire had stopped after that initial start up,i must say the car feels much smoother and when it came on boost it seemed a bit more sprightly,the iridium plugs had done just 10k and it would appear that they were starting to go off slightly which suprised me for such an expensive spark plug,i would normally change them every 12 months anyway so its not far off that anyway,my genuine volvo plugs cost me £19.50 delivered from angliavolvo on ebay and arrived very quickly,the ngk iridium ix's i have just replaced i think were about £38.00 from sparkplugs.co.uk,now i like to do my research and try things but i can't jusify paying nearly double the price for something that has lasted just 10k and not even 12 months and started to go off,the only problem is it hasn't cured my hesitation,i must add that it doesn't do it all the time,mostly just below and around the 2000 rpm mark sometimes higher and mostly when you come of the throttle to let a car turn off or something and go back on the throttle it hesitates then is fine after that,it is always from coming off the throttle to back onto it,any more suggestions,i had a little encounter with a honda s2000 on my way home this morning on a quiet but fast road near where i live,he was behind me,after realising how hard he was trying i decided to see just how quick it was,i expected him to keep up easily but only on the very longest straights did he close the gap at all,out of the corners i was pulling away slightly,probably due to the lack of torque that screaming vtec engine has,i was pretty suprised and very smug,i'm not sure he was quite so impressed as he gave up eventually,i think the honda is around 240 bhp and maybe mine is a very healthy 200,one of the great things about fast volvos is the fact few people know just how quick they really are
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 15:45   #29
Baffler
Premier Member

Did you ever have a look at the fuel pump to see it's condition?

Failing that you could try the coil packs. Would be great if there was someone near you with a T4 to swap them out... they're 50 squids each from the dealer.

Also, is it the original Volvo (Siemens) MAF sensor? Aftermarket MAF sensors can give incorrect readings to the ECU.

Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 16:11   #30
t4 b4192

Quote:
Did you ever have a look at the fuel pump to see it's condition?

Failing that you could try the coil packs. Would be great if there was someone near you with a T4 to swap them out... they're 50 squids each from the dealer.

Also, is it the original Volvo (Siemens) MAF sensor? Aftermarket MAF sensors can give incorrect readings to the ECU.
I don't know wether i'd like to tackle the fuel pump myself baffler but it's something i have my doubts about,the coil packs are less than 6 months old and were new but bought from ebay!,the maf is something i have doubts about also,where about will it tell me if its a siemens or not?,the other thing is should i replace the two remaining plug leads,i'm not sure what to tackle first?