Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Is the Apple Iphone icompatible with Volvo Bluetooth kit

Views : 10857

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 25th, 2009, 14:10   #21
v8disco

I had a similar problem with the Kenwood kit I have in my V70 and compatibility with the Iphone. I use the Kenwood BT200 bluetooth kit which is basically parrot gear. When I first got my Iphone 3G, the call quality was terrible, both incoming and outgoing to the point that it was unusable. I then found some American hacked BT200 firmware which at least made it usable, and now Kenwood have an update dlevel of firmware which is better still and certainly on a par with the Nokia I had.

I have also just upgraded to OS3 and the bluetooth side seems more stable and the battery life is also better.

If the Phone does not work properly with the Volvo kit, I would be asking if there is a firmware upgrade as that is what cured my problem.

As to someone asking what happens if you are listening to music and you get a call, if I have the Iphone plugged in as an ipod, and get a call while listeing to music, it pauses the music until the call is finished, and then resumes.

No idea who makes the Volvo kit, but I would want it to operate in the same way.

Martin
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 22:30   #22
ascender

Just wondering if there's any update on this? I've currently got an iPhone 3G and am looking for a handsfree solution for my XC90 which has the high performance sound system in it.
ascender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 19:23   #23
hshlevin

Default Works fine in my 2010 XC60

I have Iphone 3G; it works fine with Volvo Bluetooth in my 2010 XC60. I do notice a slight hesitation when it first connects a call. It worked fine w/ Iphone running OS Ver 3. (and earlier)
hshlevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 12:56   #24
Ronald Moonlight
Ron

Smile Problem cured Bluetooth unit was faulty

Working fine now a new Bluetooth unit has been fitted and the mike moved closer to the driver at the top of the (R/H) windscreen pillar. Lets hope it holds out .
Ron
Ronald Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 21:58   #25
andyebben
Andy Ebben

Unhappy Bluetooth compatibility

I have tried the iPhone 3G with the Volvo integrated bluetooth kit in my XC70 [2008] with little success. I can hear callers - they can't hear me.. Checking the iPhone forum indicated that there were a lot of bluetooth problems. I have also tried the Blackberry Bold which works really well but has no name sync, only numbers which is prety hopeless.

I'm currently using a Nokia E71 and it works flawlessly - it's just not as good as the iPhone.

Don't know if the 3GS is any better and I would like to go back to an iPhone.
andyebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 15:05   #26
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyebben View Post
I have tried the iPhone 3G with the Volvo integrated bluetooth kit in my XC70 [2008] with little success. I can hear callers - they can't hear me.. Checking the iPhone forum indicated that there were a lot of bluetooth problems. I have also tried the Blackberry Bold which works really well but has no name sync, only numbers which is prety hopeless.

I'm currently using a Nokia E71 and it works flawlessly - it's just not as good as the iPhone.

Don't know if the 3GS is any better and I would like to go back to an iPhone.

I've got a XC70 (MY2008) with the built in Volvo Bluetooth system and my iPhone 3GS works fine with it, shows the names etc.

I connected it without any problem when I bought the phone but after I'd sync'd it with iTunes it wouldn't connect. I ended up deleting all the other 2 phone that were set-up with the bluetooth and then it let me connect the iPhone again, I then added my other phones. Touch wood all has been fine since.

XC70 SE Lux D5 (215bhp) Geartronic (2012MY)
Drivers Pack, Security Pack, Winter Pack, Family Pack, Dark Tint Glass,
Active 4C, Front & Rear Cameras, DAB Radio, Spoiler & Side Scuff Plates.
Chaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 15:38   #27
Zoro

Default Iphone 3G and bluetooth in Volvo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post
I've got a XC70 (MY2008) with the built in Volvo Bluetooth system and my iPhone 3GS works fine with it, shows the names etc.

I connected it without any problem when I bought the phone but after I'd sync'd it with iTunes it wouldn't connect. I ended up deleting all the other 2 phone that were set-up with the bluetooth and then it let me connect the iPhone again, I then added my other phones. Touch wood all has been fine since.
I wanted just to confirm what previous members said my iPhone works perfectly well in 3G mode in the volvo XC60 . I paired without problem and imported my phone list and can see recent calls too if i hit the forward or backward key on the steering wheel.. Quality of sound is fine. Zoro
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 21:57   #28
Kasiraki

My Friend has an XC/60 and no problems with the iPhone I have the XC/60 with HTC and perfect
hope this helps
Kasiraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 03:42   #29
Bonnie-Sunshine

My iphone 3G S connects beautifully with my Bluetooth hands free system installed in my XC60 T6. It works so well that even if I leave my phone in the house, it still pick it up and lets me make call when parked in the drive.

The iphone phonebook will not automatically transfer, so contacts had to be entered by voice command. Everything else works seamlessly.
Bonnie-Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 13:51   #30
abm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
I wanted just to confirm what previous members said my iPhone works perfectly well in 3G mode in the volvo XC60 . I paired without problem and imported my phone list and can see recent calls too if i hit the forward or backward key on the steering wheel.. Quality of sound is fine. Zoro
Me too.
abm is offline   Reply With Quote