Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

mint v70 r breaking or selling ?

Views : 6328

Replies : 80

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 31st, 2010, 13:15   #21
V70Driver
Premier Member

I don't want to sound condescending but dare I suggest using public transport to get to see your son. Would your son's mother not understand and show empathy to your plight? I would be gutted to have to sell or watch the car disappear bit by bit. You sound like an extremely knowledgable person when it comes to engines and mechanics, don't let the emotion of your domestic situation force you to make a rash decision.
Think positive, another job will come round soon, keep the car, SORN it and then get it back on the road when you are ready.
V70Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam27 View Post
yeah it is realy mint i love it that is why i have spent so much money and time on her and all parts inside and out/ seals gaskets ect ect are new as i would like to keep her for many years to come.

also yes i have been thinking of keeping her off the road untill i can fix her but i just dont know as i am stuck as i need a car to see my little boy as he dont live with me so i need to sell and get a little banger to get around with him thanks for the reply.
V70Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 13:39   #22
Jim S70R
Volvo S70R driver

Would be a shame to break after all that has gone in to it, but needs must.
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 16:16   #23
bambam27
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo145 View Post
Dont be a fool ,think long and hard before you sell/break it.
Been there done that and bought the tee shirt,you WILL get another job give it time but panic sometimes sets in
As the car stands because it has been modded (totaly none standard)and has issues it is only fit for scrapping.
Who would buy a car that has problems for that money when you can get one that is almost A1?.
My advise is sorn it if you can afford to unless there is finance on it it and you want to clear your feet.
Good luck whatever way you jump.
yeah i know what you mean and no its not on finance all paid off many years ago it is a realy nice motor shame this has happend
bambam27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 16:21   #24
bambam27
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70Driver View Post
I don't want to sound condescending but dare I suggest using public transport to get to see your son. Would your son's mother not understand and show empathy to your plight? I would be gutted to have to sell or watch the car disappear bit by bit. You sound like an extremely knowledgable person when it comes to engines and mechanics, don't let the emotion of your domestic situation force you to make a rash decision.
Think positive, another job will come round soon, keep the car, SORN it and then get it back on the road when you are ready.
V70Driver
its hard to get buses around here on time and it would take 4 hours just to get to him and then the time to get back to mine as i only have him about 10 hours a day 3 days a week and my x partner is very very hard to please just moans about anything so i am stuck.

also yes i will most prob do the work myself when the funds clear up who knows eh only time will say thank you for the kind words i will keep you all updated.
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 16:23   #25
bambam27
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S70R View Post
Would be a shame to break after all that has gone in to it, but needs must.
yes it is to nice to break and would rip me up deep down inside if that did happen after all the hundreds of hours that has gone into it over the past 2 years to get just right and how i like it. so time will only tell.
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 16:45   #26
dave.robbo
T5 Owner..

How about just selling a few of the desirable bits, the grille, the wheels etc. and using that cash to fix/renew the engine?
Then, when funds allow, those nice bits can be re-bought!

Just a thought...

Now, a P1 V70 SE auto, bi-fuel, but the gas tank's been removed. Why??
dave.robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 17:55   #27
bambam27
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.robbo View Post
How about just selling a few of the desirable bits, the grille, the wheels etc. and using that cash to fix/renew the engine?
Then, when funds allow, those nice bits can be re-bought!

Just a thought...
yeah that is very true worth a thought thanks
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 19:48   #28
fror
v70 t5

Think i am not the only one to say this would be a shame to scrap it from the pics looks in mint condtion
fror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 21:05   #29
captain sensible
Bitty?

when i blew the clutch on mine, i stored it for 8 months till i had the dough to fix it, i ran around in an old 740
used to own:95&96 850 t5,Sumex Cone, Bailey DV, Reverse IC, IPD top mount, Ferrita cat back, forge blanking plate, strut brace, drilled/groovy disks, 350cc@3 bar blue tops, lowered, bilstein HD's front and rear.AlanM rear strut brace
captain sensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 21:06   #30
bambam27
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fror View Post
Think i am not the only one to say this would be a shame to scrap it from the pics looks in mint condtion
yeah she is to good to scrap i think as she has no rust anywhere on it or rust spots and any nasty dents and never been in a bump just a slight engine fault that i do not know what it is as of yet but i will do my best to find it if not then it will have to go as parts or an whole sale. thanks for the kind words.