Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Loud knock on electric drive

Views : 2772

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 11:03   #21
tronicx83

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteMeringue View Post
Good morning all,

Well, finally had confirmation yesterday that the entire ERAD will be replaced under warranty. It goes in on the 30th for three days.

Took Marshalls a little while to confirm that it wasn’t a ‘normal’ noise (by taking another 22 plate T8 for a drive apparently) but I’m happy with the outcome. I’ll update here once the work is done and I’ve tested it.

Cheers
This is interesting... I've got a MY22/ER, it was the first one the dealership had through back in Jan '22 - it has a bit of a knock/clunk when you put you go from stop to go, but I always figured it was some gearing switching from regen to propel... I might just raise it when the car goes back in for a Volvo On Call battery replacement.

I would also agree with comments on here about the ER's drivesystem as a whole.. it's pretty fantastic it can go from electric to ICE to electric again without any noticeble change in noise or feel of the drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to tronicx83 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 22:42   #22
GraniteMeringue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronicx83 View Post
This is interesting... I've got a MY22/ER, it was the first one the dealership had through back in Jan '22 - it has a bit of a knock/clunk when you put you go from stop to go, but I always figured it was some gearing switching from regen to propel....
Defo not a normal noise as it only started happening on mine after 10k miles - plus the other XC90 they compared it to didn’t have it. Let me know how you get on.

Mine goes in on Monday for ERAD replacement- will keep this thread posted.
GraniteMeringue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 18:39   #23
GraniteMeringue

Default ERAD Replaced

Well, finally got my XC90 back today complete with new ERAD unit. Took three weeks to get the replacement unit during which time my car was in pieces as per the photos here: https://imgur.com/a/PGW4HBV

So far - everything is good - no knock any more and smooth as silk.

Marshalls have been fantastic - even changing the XC60 loan car to a brand new XC90 for half term (I have four kids so needed the extra seats!)
GraniteMeringue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GraniteMeringue For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 6th, 2023, 11:51   #24
jamiem1987

Hi guys got a knocking from the rear on my v60 extended range t6, can anyone point me in the right direction if the attached links sound like erad? the sound is definitely from the rear but the dealers are saying it could be brakes etc. which i doubt!

https://youtu.be/lTDr76r-c1M

https://youtu.be/xX2QsK3vTHk

Many thanks!
jamiem1987 is offline   Reply With Quote