Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What's your model Volvo and what DONT you like about it?

Views : 33318

Replies : 325

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 19:23   #301
Axionknight
Premier Member

Got a 1.6 C30 R Design, looks great and everything, but it's fuel consumption is laudible at best.

850R, bit of a vast turning circle but can't complain too much as it's a big car.
Axionknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 19:34   #302
Whatsitdoingnow

First post for me!

V70 2.0 136 R-Design

What niggles me about this car? Nothing. Seriously, I can't think of a single thing that gets on my goat or even offers the slightest of irritations. That's a first for me because there's always something, isn't there? When I bought it (I traded in a Jaguar XF (utter nightmare of a car)) I did wonder if the 136 horses would leave it a bit breathless but it's a well thought out driveline and knowing how to drive a diesel means it can push me as hard as I want to be pushed in 1800kgs of estate car!

So there you have it... the perfect car, perhaps!!!
Whatsitdoingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whatsitdoingnow For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 19:56   #303
XCeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsitdoingnow View Post
First post for me!

V70 2.0 136 R-Design

What niggles me about this car? Nothing. Seriously, I can't think of a single thing that gets on my goat or even offers the slightest of irritations. That's a first for me because there's always something, isn't there? When I bought it (I traded in a Jaguar XF (utter nightmare of a car)) I did wonder if the 136 horses would leave it a bit breathless but it's a well thought out driveline and knowing how to drive a diesel means it can push me as hard as I want to be pushed in 1800kgs of estate car!

So there you have it... the perfect car, perhaps!!!
What a great testimony to Volvo. I think a lot of converts are enjoying a similar experience to you, certainly I am very impressed with mine. Volvo must be doing a lot right!!
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:40   #304
ennisbrown

Default V50

Generally pleased with V50-especially the low road tax!
However most dissatisfied with poor quality of upholstery on drivers seat-already worn through with 20,000 miles on clock.In dispute with Volvo as refusing to replace under warranty.See my blog.
Be pleased to hear of any other cases.
Cheers
Ennis
ennisbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:56   #305
XCeed

Just read your blog. I would advise all drivers to be very careful getting in and out of their car as buttons or studs can cause a lot of damage to leather seats. Leather is leather and DOES scratch...!!
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 16:12   #306
jonnyv
Master Member

97 V70 2.5 Auto P1.
Everything good apart from boot only raises threequarters...which means you are going to hit your head sometime!! Leading on from that is the lowest entry level to the loading bay on any car I've had, plenty of estates, and guess what...Baannng!! many times!
For me, at 6'4" it's a nightmare when you forget!
Yes, the XC is taller but did not want AWD on a Volvo!

Taken to wearing crash helmet now which has helped a lot!lol!!

Jon
jonnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 22:32   #307
markwar4
V60 D5 AWD R Design

2012 V60 D5 AWD R Design

1.Turning circle is poor compared to my last cars of similar size.

2.Don't like the fact that the V60 R Design looks exactly the same no matter what the engine choice. Seems a bit daft having sports styling and large twin exhausts with an economy engine.

3. Leather is very soft and prone to leaving bottom impressions in it!

Minor issues I know but just my thoughts.
markwar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 17:55   #308
MickyG1982

I currently own a 1999 V70 2.4t. What don't I like about it?

Only one thing, it's in the UK having been driven only once by me (the test drive before I bought it) & well, at the moment, I'm not.

Can't wait to leave these stupid Mazda 6's with their stupid 4 speed auto's well behind me, and get back to a proper decent car.
MickyG1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 18:12   #309
Volvo6
Master Member

Quote:
Taken to wearing crash helmet now which has helped a lot!lol!!
Change the gas struts perhaps? Can be a bit of a pain but reasonably cheap fix...there is a guide in the V70 section.
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 18:16   #310
kevvydude
Premier Member

v70, the onlt thing is that its no rwd

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
kevvydude is offline   Reply With Quote