Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The party is over!

Views : 6608

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 12th, 2011, 17:15   #31
mrlossyman

I wish I'd never started this thread! Blis seems to have settled and I hope the other issues are resolved at the 3 month check! Oh thanks to the poster who explained the handbrake, it shows seem to release!
mrlossyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 17:27   #32
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
...Ive just accepted I have a sh1t car...
it is your opinion that you own a sh*t car. no matter how "experienced" you feel you are to judge cars, it is just that, an opinion. it is my opinion that the only person responsible for owning the car is yourself.

again, when i ask you to list faults, you don't, you list "functional deficiencies". it is an opinion, as to whether they are functional deficiencies. seriously if the usability of every single function on the car was that important to you, you should have done more research before your purchase.

you say you have a long list of faults, but you are still to share what they are. what has gone wrong with your car, aside from your decision to purchase it and that functions don't operate as you thought they might or should?
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darbs For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 17:33   #33
Matteus XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
I wish I'd never started this thread! Blis seems to have settled and I hope the other issues are resolved at the 3 month check! Oh thanks to the poster who explained the handbrake, it shows seem to release!
Au contraire mrlossyman. I believe this now has the potential to be a great thread.......
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 17:34   #34
Tiger1057
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
To be fair I think any person who spends a significant amount of money on a product has the right to be a little concerned when things appear not to work perfectly. Looking on the bright side at least the issues have appeared now and can be resolved by the dealer. Imagine your state of mind if they occurred out of warranty!
Gorgeous car by the way.
Tiger1057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 17:37   #35
Matteus XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
it is your opinion that you own a sh*t car. no matter how "experienced" you feel you are to judge cars, it is just that, an opinion. it is my opinion that the only person responsible for owning the car is yourself.

again, when i ask you to list faults, you don't, you list "functional deficiencies". it is an opinion, as to whether they are functional deficiencies. seriously if the usability of every single function on the car was that important to you, you should have done more research before your purchase.

you say you have a long list of faults, but you are still to share what they are. what has gone wrong with your car, aside from your decision to purchase it and that functions don't operate as you thought they might or should?

Paul, I am a great believer in 'what goes around, comes around'. Hence if VR has managed to buy the lemon of the century, then I think there's probably a higher power at work here whom we should probably thank. Conversely, there are no problems with my XC60 at all, and hence I must be a jolly nice chap in nearly every way........
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 18:27   #36
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteus XC60 View Post
I was glancing through the site today for the first time in some months, and found to my surprise that this bickering still continues. As I feel partially responsible given my previous posts in the thread referred to above, perhaps its my time to make amends and bring this long running disagreement to a peaceful and harmonious conclusion.

Sometimes, people have different views, but don’t express themselves in the best way, or mistakenly post something meant as humour which can be misconstrued. Sometimes small misunderstandings can get blown out of all proportions, and normal well-meaning people fall out, and by the end, forget what it was they were arguing about to begin with.

Of course sometimes (and right here is the crux of the matter on this occasion), forums just attract humourless, self-obsessed, bores who drone on and on about the same thing, generally cause irritation, and seem to have very little else in their life. Now just in case you haven’t worked out who you are (and that wouldn’t surprise me either, because you don't strike me as MENSA material if I'm being completely honest) I have another message for you: Just putting LOL at the end of a sentence does not make it funny. If it did, you would be the funniest man alive. As it is, you are not (you are soooooo not).

A message to Darbs: You have tried valiantly to bring a measure of sense to the forum member in question over the last few months, but some tasks, I fear, are impossible to achieve. Keep up the good fight!!

Now surely no-one can disagree with any of that? LOL ().
Regards you making amends now for your part in creating a less than harmonious situation ,as far as I am and was concerned the matter ended months ago. What was, was. If you wished to direct insulting comments on a personal level oppose the car that’s your choice. Not a good choice but a choice nonetheless. Ask yourself if that which you post on a public forum you would happily suggest to your employers. Peoples careers have “altered” as a result of such behaviours

Your comments as far as I was concerned were out of mind and set aside. I harbour no ill feeling in so far as if I happened to pass you lets say on the golf course I would say hello. I doubt you would do likewise.

It is others who have re-instated the matter. Why someone else needs to dredge up a finished matter is their reason. It obviously still gets to them and or others.

I would suggest that you “close your position”. One doesn’t need to be of MENSA material to understand the meaning of this?
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 18:32   #37
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Darbs

Not sure what the bit in bold is meant to mean really???

A car that has serious faults and breaks down is indeed a sh1t car. Any person owning a car that constantly goes faulty would think likewise.No "qualification" or "experience" is needed to pass this judgement.

Regards the efficiency and usability of technology , this is indeed ones opinion, and what suits one may not suit another. I agree.
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 19:20   #38
XC60MY12
Country Member

3 months, 3,000 miles. "Alarm service required" message virtually from day 1. Alarm worked ok ie red light on dash flashed appropriately when set, alarm did not go off inappropriately, Reduced Guard worked on Rothesay ferry. Because of this I decided to leave it until the QAI. Needless to say the "Service Required" message was not present at the QAI. Also needless to say it reappeared a couple of days later. Car went back after another couple of days for replacement of mass-sensor. Been OK so far. "BLIS Camera Obscured" came up once in heavy rain a couple of weeks ago. Have not seen it since. Apart from that I'm very pleased with the car. EHB takes some getting used to after, in my case, 45 years of manual brake. But then I like a challenge

I have a couple of issues with the dealer's service department. I've written to them about these and await their reply.
XC60MY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 20:06   #39
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Darbs

Not sure what the bit in bold is meant to mean really???

A car that has serious faults and breaks down is indeed a sh1t car. Any person owning a car that constantly goes faulty would think likewise.No "qualification" or "experience" is needed to pass this judgement.

Regards the efficiency and usability of technology , this is indeed ones opinion, and what suits one may not suit another. I agree.

typo. change the word "owning" to "purchasing".
82 Metro 1.0
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 20:16   #40
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
It is others who have re-instated the matter. Why someone else needs to dredge up a finished matter is their reason. It obviously still gets to them and or others.
you are entirely entitled to state what you want on this forum provided it's not offensive. and i note that whilst you appear to often delight in winding people up by being as close to the mark as possible, you are very careful as to not be offensive. nothing wrong with that. slightly troll like, but still not breaking any rules.

what i don't find appropriate, however, is your constant bad mouthing of the forum by saying you can't say what you like through fear of being jumped on. and as you mentioned it - again - i thought i'd mention what primarily led you to that inappropriate conclusion.

now, for my part, as a few posts seem to have turned against you on this thread, i don't want you to think or feel suppressed. you must feel like you can say what you want, but also you must allow others to their opinion. even if it's put in a way you disagree with.
82 Metro 1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to darbs For This Useful Post: