Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fake T5?

Views : 7528

Replies : 92

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 21:03   #31
Volgrrr
Volgrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartvolvo View Post
hi guys, i emaild the seller this morning, and he did not reply to me, although he has now removed the T5 from the title, and is still asking for £850 for it which i think is rediculous.
regards
stuart
Well I mailed him too, and he gave a quite reasdonable reply. He said he was looking into it and would take whatever action was necessary. It reading these posts it appears he has changed the advert.

Why don't you guys, who have already have this guy hung, drawn and quartered, stop and have a look at his eBay rating. It indicates to me that he is a person who can be trusted and probably not many of us on this forum would have a better eBay rating.

But, before you start thinking I must be in cahoots with this fellow - I live in Australia.

Last edited by Volgrrr; Mar 3rd, 2009 at 21:08.
Volgrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 21:10   #32
cam
Premier Member

one thing you have to do when selling (more so for selling for a freind) is get the information wright otherwise
problem's and distrust set in,cam.
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 21:15   #33
Volgrrr
Volgrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncVolvoTurbo View Post
"Selling for a friend"

Is that so he can deny all knowledge of it NOT being a T5 when someone does click the Buy It Now?

Followed by...

"Well it has the T5 badge, and T5 alloys....how was I supposed to know it wasn't one?"
Highly unlikely - look at his eBay rating. Is your any where near as good?

You don't get or, let me rephrase it, it is impossible to obtain an eBay rating like that playing people for suckers.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 21:20   #34
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volgrrr View Post
Well I mailed him too, and he gave a quite reasdonable reply. He said he was looking into it and would take whatever action was necessary. It reading these posts it appears he has changed the advert.

Why don't you guys, who have already have this guy hung, drawn and quartered, stop and have a look at his eBay rating. It indicates to me that he is a person who can be trusted and probably not many of us on this forum would have a better eBay rating.

But, before you start thinking I must be in cahoots with this fellow - I live in Australia.
Indeed, v. good feedback:- 1 neg, no neutral and 2 withdrawn in a total of 1,288 is excellent in my view, and I have a rating of 629.

C.A.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 21:28   #35
Volgrrr
Volgrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
one thing you have to do when selling (more so for selling for a freind) is get the information wright otherwise
problem's and distrust set in,cam.
That's as maybe.

I'ts up to the friend to give the correct information and, if both of you know little about the product you honestly list what you think is right - and the last time I looked - that is not a crime (by the way, put your hand up if you've never made a mistake).

Just consider this.

If one of your mates asked you to sell his car (e.g. the one in the advert) and neither of you knew the peculiar ins and outs associated with Volvos, would you list the information as given - or change it.

And you're correct - when you advertise the information must be wright (sic).
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 21:30   #36
Volgrrr
Volgrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen.Agfa View Post
Indeed, v. good feedback:- 1 neg, no neutral and 2 withdrawn in a total of 1,288 is excellent in my view, and I have a rating of 629.

C.A.
It is excellent in the very sense of the word. And most likely the negative one is from a person you couldn't satisfy whatever you do - these sort of people do exist.
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 21:47   #37
cam
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volgrrr View Post
That's as maybe.

I'ts up to the friend to give the correct information and, if both of you know little about the product you honestly list what you think is right - and the last time I looked - that is not a crime (by the way, put your hand up if you've never made a mistake).

Just consider this.

If one of your mates asked you to sell his car (e.g. the one in the advert) and neither of you knew the peculiar ins and outs associated with Volvos, would you list the information as given - or change it.

And you're correct - when you advertise the information must be wright (sic).
if i were in that circumstance i would not advertise for said freind
my feedback rating is important to me,and no i have never made a mistake as a seller only as a buyer as the nice ebayer did not want to sell his item that i won for a pound he wanted more, (sic) ? all best in a nice way,cam. yes you should be able to tell a turbo compared to non turbo
i would have thought esp if you have owned the car

Last edited by cam; Mar 3rd, 2009 at 22:15.
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 22:00   #38
scr8pdo
Premier Member

The fact is it aint a T5 mistake or not, I wouldnt want to be the poor sod who bought it on description, with ebay you are buying blind so the description is very important to get correct as Iam sure you will agree
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 22:30   #39
John_C
Allons-y!

At the end of the day whatever the motives the seller has done the decent thing and removed the T5 from the description and he has also posted other ebay members questions about the engine onto the auction.

If he was dodgy I don't think he would have done either of those things. I do occasionally sell things for friends on my eBay account but never anything I don't understand well enough to sell myself, just too much risk and too much hassle IMO.

£850 was very steep even for a T5 saloon at that milage with no history IMO, looks tidy enough though. I still can't see it selling. Maybe at half the price....

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 22:54   #40
AndysR
VOC Member

Its certainly a 10v the rocker cover is too narrow to be the 20v model, plus it says DOHC on the spark plug cover which unless it has been replaced previously is a 10v give away Reading the sellers responses to the various questions I would say he has made an honest mistake by assuming the badges are correct to the car.... it does happen.