Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Abingdon 4x4 Festival

Views : 4389

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 29th, 2010, 09:38   #31
lolinginthelolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianu View Post
Great picture and nice looking piece of kit there. There were a few at the show too - I'm not in the Mrs good books either by the way....

For anyone still interested - DSTC stayed on all the way round - you could feel it working as either a wheel (or 2) lifted off or lost grip...

Well if you do decide to go for the XC - you've got an idea of what it could do - only in an emergency of course...

Cheers
Ian.
I just can't see it going well for me!

Seriously though, if the DTSC works as well as Lolvo describes then it would be like full locking diffs on an offroad oriented vehicle - in that the wheels with grip will continue to turn, even if there are other wheels off the ground. Thats very important for grip, and better than any standard lardrover can acheive!
Even if it will only be used in the snow or to get out of a carpark its good to know its there, its exactly the reason I want an SUV. (And cos I won't get laughed at by the French when I go skiing and can't leave the chalet).
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 14:48   #32
sumomeister

Guys,

Neither Ian or I made it onto this video, but take a look anyhow. Great fun watching, so you can imagine how much fun it was doing it.

http://seedig.info/gallerie/displayi...album=76&pos=0
sumomeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 14:52   #33
sumomeister

Ian,

Definitely have to go again next year, whether I'll get a pass from the missus for having a go on the course is another matter though, depends how big my repair bill turns out to be. lol.

You mentioned you have an aluminium plate under the car, exactly where does it go, and how much do they cost?

If I can get her better prepared for next year, without spending too much money, I'm a poor student after all, then I'd love to have another crack, but either way, I plan on going, and getting some great videos done.

Interesting thought from lolinginthelolvo on the DTSC though, that could be useful.
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 16:31   #34
ianu
Premier Member

Hi - this was the quote I got from FRF Volvo August 2009 for the plate:

Protective Cover, Beneath Engine: [8622716]
http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories...VCC-245894.htm
Retail Price £123.96 / Our Price £105.37

VAT has gone up since - so expect it to be dearer now anyway.

As always - i'd recommend getting another quote with the specific details of your car (T6 iirc) to make sure.
It mounts on exactly the same points as the plastic tray except there are some aluminium spacers to keep it clear - this is assuming again that the T6 plate is the same.

You can get hold of Simon here:
FRF MOTORS [frfvolvoparts@gmail.com]

Cheers
Ian.
ianu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ianu For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 08:16   #35
sumomeister

The official pictures are up now on

http://www.abingdonphotos.com/

Couple of me going into the pond Saturday morning, not sure if there are any good ones of you Ian, only had a quick look.

Mud run looks, well, muddy !!
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 21:34   #36
ianu
Premier Member

Thanks Sumo'''

Nice shots of yours going in and coming out - yes I'm in the "Saturday Pond 14:00 to close" set (abingdon10_1389 & 1390).

It's a shame - you don't appreciate just how steep that drop is from the top do you from this angle - nor how steep and slippery the exit slope is/was.
I've ordered the couple of prints of mine on CD - all for chariddy..

Hi all,

Hopefully not boring you with this lot just yet but have had a mail from one of the event Marshalls about the link below too.
The 4x4 Festival was all for charity - but they are also involved in organising a Help For Heroes rally next year - full details here:
http://www.h4hrally.co.uk/
Tim - one of the organiser was very enthusiastic about having a Volvo come along having seen us earn our stripes at the weekend.

I'm seriously tempted - but work and family is a big hurdle to get round for 2 weeks (even for charity).
I'll be asking a couple of hypothetical questions of my boss about it - but honestly there's no obligation here obviously.

Cheers
Ian.
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 21:53   #37
owenfackrell
Premier Member

Wish I could have come as it looks like fun but as my son turned up on Sunday I not jealous really.
Ian isn't this also you?
Abingdon10-405

Last edited by owenfackrell; Sep 30th, 2010 at 21:55. Reason: Typo
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to owenfackrell For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 22:07   #38
sumomeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenfackrell View Post
Wish I could have come as it looks like fun but as my son turned up on Sunday I not jealous really.
Ian isn't this also you?
Abingdon10-405
Yep, that one's Ian.
The Following User Says Thank You to sumomeister For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 22:09   #39
sumomeister

Got my pics ordered too.

That Help For Heroes stuff looks good Ian, but I've got uni exams that could clash. I won't know my exact exam timetable until sometime around May2011, so it'll be a bit late for me then, even if the timetable allows.

Bummer !!
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 22:17   #40
ianu
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenfackrell View Post
Ian isn't this also you?
Abingdon10-405
Congratulations - just as well you didn't then - that would have been a bit tricky wouldn't it.... yep that's me does my bum look big in this photo ?...