Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

search for rica chip

Views : 6122

Replies : 66

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2009, 22:07   #31
gdphillips
ba baracus...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Mechanics View Post

Russ
hoping to pop up and see what you got you know your stuff so bset to see you first i think .........
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 22:25   #32
HULK
850 T-5 for sale

aaauuugggghhhh iv changed my mind again LOL gona have to go rica im thinking. a propper one
HULK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HULK For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 21:05   #33
storming

Default Hlm rica 304

I have there remap and it seems very smooth power delivery from 3000 rpm to the red line! peeking about around 16 psi.
storming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 09:25   #34
don kalmar union
Trader

Default MTE software.

Maybe I can help with some of the indecision here.

I have demonstration ECUs with MTE software installed for most Bosch Motronic 4.3 equipped vehicles.

I will lend one of these units out for a free one week trial against a deposit if that will convince potential purchasers that they will be getting the very best resolved software at any price if they spend their hard earned money with Kalmar Union.

If that is difficult then I will install the MTE software in your car for you to take advantage of a sale or return period of two weeks.

You should not forget that I install MTE software without having to open your ECU and solder onto the board as ALL other suppliers are obliged to do. That in itself makes it costly to revert to standard or indeed to swap to MTE software at a later date.

So, I will flash back your original software up to 14 days after you have had it installed and refund your original purchase price.

I will make one final point, I install MTE software regularly in vehicles that have previously had other branded software installed......to my knowledge MTE software has never, ever been replaced by software from a competative source here in the UK.

I fully understand that as the cost of some of these cars drops to very realistic levels then some see the price of software as unreasonably high.....the current price of MTE software for earlier cars here in the UK is very, very fair.

MTE software is developed in Sweden by a very able man who many UK customers of mine have seen and experienced working on their cars out on UK public roads and with their ECUs on my bench and dining room table with every piece of equipment needed and every last item or file available to him for callibrating everything needed to get a perfect job.

Regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 15:52   #35
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdphillips View Post
hoping to pop up and see what you got you know your stuff so bset to see you first i think .........
Hi gdphillips

Do give me a call before you plan to come over 01428 722144 it will be good to meet a fellow local Volvo nut.I will show you what i am doing for my own little project car's...
If you want the car properly checked first before any 'tuning' takes place we can help you these older cars need careful setting up and checking first .....

Russ
RT Mechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RT Mechanics For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 16:19   #36
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
Maybe I can help with some of the indecision here.

I have demonstration ECUs with MTE software installed for most Bosch Motronic 4.3 equipped vehicles.

I will lend one of these units out for a free one week trial against a deposit if that will convince potential purchasers that they will be getting the very best resolved software at any price if they spend their hard earned money with Kalmar Union.

If that is difficult then I will install the MTE software in your car for you to take advantage of a sale or return period of two weeks.

You should not forget that I install MTE software without having to open your ECU and solder onto the board as ALL other suppliers are obliged to do. That in itself makes it costly to revert to standard or indeed to swap to MTE software at a later date.

So, I will flash back your original software up to 14 days after you have had it installed and refund your original purchase price.

I will make one final point, I install MTE software regularly in vehicles that have previously had other branded software installed......to my knowledge MTE software has never, ever been replaced by software from a competative source here in the UK.

I fully understand that as the cost of some of these cars drops to very realistic levels then some see the price of software as unreasonably high.....the current price of MTE software for earlier cars here in the UK is very, very fair.

MTE software is developed in Sweden by a very able man who many UK customers of mine have seen and experienced working on their cars out on UK public roads and with their ECUs on my bench and dining room table with every piece of equipment needed and every last item or file available to him for callibrating everything needed to get a perfect job.

Regards, Don.
Hi Don

Not wanting to cause any offence or problem with going the mte route but i do fail to see a problem with having to solder a chip into an ecu as this is how the ecu is made i make no secret at all of soldering chips into the ecu and very much doubt any of our customers mind... As you point out the cost of the early cars is very low now so another ecu can be sourced very easily if really nessasary

To me if a customer comes along and wants a much higher hp car then the stage one/two the best route i would take is a standalone ecu as i have done on our own demo car without loosing any safety features as is usually incorrecly suggested....

If a customer does have bigger plans for a car then this route will save a lot of time and money over time as people add more parts to the car and would keep needing another map it will also handle the power much nicer with so many fields of adjustment....

We have always offered a full money back guarentee with all our RICA and BSR tuning products.

The other point i would make is people do seem to go on that the Rica products on the early cars give wheel spin and torque steer issues well 99% of Rica customers love this power delivery as this is what made the T5 the icon it is, even as a standard car !!! if the car has been 'tuned' and not checked over in any way for safety reasons then thats down to the 'tuner' to do....With all the early cars we ONLY chip the cars that we see and have checked out ourselves.......

I hope this clears some of the points made the RICA/BSR and MTE are all fine products and all have a place in the Tuning market for Volvos but like all things different people have different tastes it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things

Russ
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 17:52   #37
Yosser
Gizza job - I can do that

Quote:
...so another ecu can be sourced very easily if really nessasary

Thats not my experience
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 18:43   #38
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosser View Post
Thats not my experience
Hi Yosser

You just need to ask the right people

Russ
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 19:17   #39
storming

Default Remap

Anyone feel pressured??
storming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 19:30   #40
Yosser
Gizza job - I can do that

Quote:
Hi Yosser

You just need to ask the right people

Russ
Ok then Russ, who might they be?

I'm after one of these:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ECU nos 2.jpg (132.7 KB, 19 views)