Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

More major issues with LPG conversion from Classicswede ....

Views : 9086

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2014, 17:42   #31
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

bongodave,

Did Dai fit an lpg system to a car that then had problems? Yes.

Did said owner get a friend to help sort the issue out with Dai? Yes.

Did said friend then later die in tragic circumstances? Yes.

Are these issues even remotely connected? NO!

It's no different from accusing Mercedes of my grandfathers death because he died 2 days after ordering his new car, or the BBC of killing a friend of mine because he was watching 'Have I got News For You' at the time of his seizure.

For you to suggest that the sad demise of a much loved and well respected member of the Volvo community had anything whatsoever to do with Dai is absolutely disgraceful. It is highly disrespectful to his memory, his family and his friends as well as being totally untrue. It is an unwarranted slur against Dai, regardless of what Dai may or may not have done.

It's nothing more than a cheap, tasteless, sensationalist publicity stunt that shows you to be a petty, mealy mouthed twerp with no morals or decency.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 17:47   #32
k9plums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoyOfSix View Post
bongodave,

It's no different from accusing Mercedes of my grandfathers death because he died 2 days after ordering his new car, or the BBC of killing a friend of mine because he was watching 'Have I got News For You' at the time of his seizure.

For you to suggest that the sad demise of a much loved and well respected member of the Volvo community had anything whatsoever to do with Dai is absolutely disgraceful. It is highly disrespectful to his memory, his family and his friends as well as being totally untrue. It is an unwarranted slur against Dai, regardless of what Dai may or may not have done.

It's nothing more than a cheap, tasteless, sensationalist publicity stunt that shows you to be a petty, mealy mouthed twerp with no morals or decency.
Well said sir
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k9plums For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 18:29   #33
mollusk
VOC Member

Careful Rupert, we'll be accused of being paediatricians next!

Mollusk.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 19:19   #34
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Indeed. And if we have one more post anywhere like it, he'll be off on holiday.

Hello Rupert..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 19:38   #35
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
bongodave,

Ok, that's strong and wrong.

Dai has never been accused in any way, shape or form of any 'connection' whatsoever by myself.

What was pointed out was the fact this guy took the fight to Dai for a good while, revealing many good points and questions for him, which were expertly ignoired. There was then a thread revival which I read with interest. Deciding to pick-up on a couple of questions, I jump to fore. Dai, after more, noticeable avoidance, then made a jokey excuse at this bloke's expense.

This has never been a 'publicity stunt' as there is no materila agenda for me, other than seeing Dai exposed for what he is. Cheap, tastless and sensationalist? It would be if that happened. I admit to getting hot under collar however. 'Mealey-mouthed twerp with no morals or decency.' Well you don't know me, and have clearly misunderstood a post and somewhat twisted it around.
All i can really sy there is, if this was true, why have Igone to such lengths in an atempt to reveal Dai, and make folk think of whether he can be trusted with their cars. Ironic that i have neverused personally abusive adjectives, and yet am answering to them now.

After this thread emerged, I directly asked Dai if he was registered, which he responded 'yes' too. On closer inspection it transpires through an email from Autogas clearly stating Dai isn't on reg, or known.

There are moments of both threads which I regret the over enthusiastic style style, and way I questioned Dai, but after askingsame several questions. several times, I confess to getting wound-up. Ask yourself why I'm doing this. If you've ever been taken for a ride, and had no recourse from the guy after parting with well-over 4 figures and ending up with a duff installation and car now not running right in both cases.

That's all it's ever been about. so to look at this thread through eyes of 'bongo bell-end' instead of Why has Dai done this again to someone, lying to them afterwards and blaming their cars (all certified L.P.G instals are doneonlyon fit cars which tested first) for an usuccessful installation.

I'm sure Dai is a very useful chap who contributes lots on here, making hum likeable.That'snot in dispute tbf, but the way he has treated 2 known people with respect of cars, quality of equipment fitted when more expensive paid for, ropey quality of work then blame-shifting. Non of the incidents and happenings are in any way in doubt, with clear evidence to back-up all of them. What is sad is Dai's lack of response to them. He would seem to be under a rock again after Autogas have exposed his most recent lie.

Last edited by bongodave; Jan 18th, 2014 at 19:46.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 19:49   #36
bullstiff

Bongodave, is it not time you stepped away from this thread? You've thrashed your way blindly through it offending and insulting as you went.
It's not your fight. You may feel Dai has some questions to answer but it's up to the wronged party to sort not you, if anything you are making the situation worse for everyone involved.
Back off, stop trying to justify yourself and give us all some breathing space.
Come back in a day or two and try joining in a discussion where you can show a less opinionated view, people may then be able to warm to you.
Regards Mark
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bullstiff For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 20:05   #37
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Dave there has been no lie. At no point have I ever said that I am a paid up member of the voluntary trade association - UKLPG / LPGA. After being told many times you keep failing to register that fact. Do not forget that the moderators here can look back on the deleted posts.

I am an approved installer for AFC, BRC, OMVL, Europegas, KME, King, Bigas, Romano and Eurogas (identical to Landi). You only need one approval to be entitled to fit any LPG system you like.

I have never had one of my conversions fail an inspection and since the issues in the 2 old threads you refer to every conversion for UK customers has been independently inspected and entered onto the UKLPG on line database to eliminate any insurance issues. If you had read through the threads you would be aware of this anyway.

I suggest you request to have all your post on this thread with your deluded comments removed as they are totally unsubstantiated and have no evidence to backup your comments at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 20:49   #38
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullstiff View Post
Bongodave, is it not time you stepped away from this thread? You've thrashed your way blindly through it offending and insulting as you went.
It's not your fight. You may feel Dai has some questions to answer but it's up to the wronged party to sort not you, if anything you are making the situation worse for everyone involved.
Back off, stop trying to justify yourself and give us all some breathing space.
Come back in a day or two and try joining in a discussion where you can show a less opinionated view, people may then be able to warm to you.
Regards Mark
Frankly, your opinionated advice is not needed in this case, so leave judgement for people you actually know. Maybe social-skills tips need to be observed and not delivered. The thread complainent thanked me a number of times for exposing relevance wit evidence.

Last edited by bongodave; Jan 18th, 2014 at 20:52.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 20:51   #39
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Dave there has been no lie. At no point have I ever said that I am a paid up member of the voluntary trade association - UKLPG / LPGA. After being told many times you keep failing to register that fact. Do not forget that the moderators here can look back on the deleted posts.

I am an approved installer for AFC, BRC, OMVL, Europegas, KME, King, Bigas, Romano and Eurogas (identical to Landi). You only need one approval to be entitled to fit any LPG system you like.

I have never had one of my conversions fail an inspection and since the issues in the 2 old threads you refer to every conversion for UK customers has been independently inspected and entered onto the UKLPG on line database to eliminate any insurance issues. If you had read through the threads you would be aware of this anyway.

I suggest you request to have all your post on this thread with your deluded comments removed as they are totally unsubstantiated and have no evidence to backup your comments at all.
Simply look back at your own words in page 2 or 3. I can't be bothered to quote them for a 4rd time. Never any ownership of your actions, or words. See a pattern here?

The photos of your work in first thread, along with complaints, and your avoiding reaction, twisting of facts, are evidence. The statement that you are signed and approved (earlier on p2or3) ofthis thread, was taken with a copy of email form Autogas. Your answer to question was proven to be un-true as the governing body of LPG registered fitters, Autogas, had no recordof you. Again your vague answers to direct question, shifting blame and excuses, besmirching first thread complainents name when clearly can't answer.

Just not good bloke. I may be seen as 'stirring, not-liked, wrong etc etc' but stand 100% by every thing I have put on here about you. There is not one, flasehood, except from your excususes and vague answers.

Hopefully those in control will leave all statements by me, as they are all substantiated warnings for further members not to get duped. Can't imagine why you would call for these tobe deleted when, if I am fabricating things, you can just add your answers and show me to be wrong. The solution to proving me wrong would have far more resonance for your rep, rather than deleting all the questions and catch-outs with your answers.

You know this isn't possible as all the evidence of your deeds is clear and postable here.

Last edited by bongodave; Jan 18th, 2014 at 21:07.
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 21:04   #40
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Fine I will quote all of my posts from those pages for you.

Quote:
And at what point did I ever claim to be a paid up member of the voluntary association named uklpg or lpga? The answer is never and nor are half of the other lpg installers in the uk.
Quote:
Dave has no connection to me and has never had any LPG work done by me.

Can we have Dave's irrelevant posts removed from this thread. So much of it is factually incorrect and has steered this topic away from the OP's questions and concerns. Please also feel free to remove my replies to Dave on this thread at the same time.

Perhaps someone who actually closely knew Peter (940Turbo) could confirm the circumstances of his death if we are going to continue down this path.
Quote:
Daves post above is just fiction and regardless of how many times you tell him something it just does not sink. It is shocking how many threads he has been involved that have been locked and the number of posts that I have seen deleted is ridiculous. The mods will have a better idea of how many post they have had to remove of his.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=195668

I do feel sorry for the guy that he accused of been a Pedo as the way he has gone for me over something he knows nothing about is uncalled for. You would think he would have learnt his lesson by now.
No claim there of being a paid up UKLPG member there in fact quite the opposite. Note I have not edited my posts like you have had to.

You also seen to have not been able to understand two final warnings the forum moderators have given you on this thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, classicswede, lpg, lpg conversion, volvo 240