Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Group remap?

Views : 17016

Replies : 209

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2012, 09:40   #31
p1nny

come on lets get the ten so we can make a choice...

1. P1nny - 2003 V70 D5
2. P1nny - 2008 BMW 118D
3. d2k - 2002 S60 T5
4. owyn - 2007 V70 2.4 T5
p1nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 09:54   #32
LJD
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark90 View Post
Come and have a look around the workshop, meet the team, and see what we do. We write all our own maps, in house, we have the correct tools to read and write over the OBD port, we have a massive amount of expertise and a top notch rolling road that we develop our maps on.

We aren't the cheapest and never set out to be, we set out to be the best and have invested very heavily in tooling and time to enable us to fulfill that.

If you are happy to have a map thrown at your car, then there'll be cheaper "suppliers" than ourselves, but if you want your car tuned, properly, then come and see a company with the experience and expertise to do so.

Our strapline isn't Tuning Redefined for nothing

And so do a few others.
Not going to get dragged into a argument , but i think the price you have quoted is "higher" than it should be .
There is not more effort in doing a D5 than 1.9TDI GOLF. IF a very very well know company in the VW world (R-tech) Can do their own maps etc and rolling road before and after etc for a LOT less and get rave revues then i need to know why a volvo costs a lot more ? And i have seen their set up. They have exactly what is needed. I dont need a 44 inch plasma on the reception wall and a funky coffee machine !

I see "tuning" as been a game of "marketing" these days. companies take a good product and then market it to the max etc , And add a shed load on top
I would suggest that people wait and see how well your maps work over the next six months etc and then decide. You seem to be new in the volvo world yet priced nearly as much as the most highly regarded company in volvo tuning.
Take the likes of AMD etc, stupid prices for what is a normal good quality mapping service. People pay it because of the feel good factor and the marketing, its like they feel "superior" Yet companies like R-tech are far superior and a lot more down to earth . And by God a lot cheaper

I have met a few guys in this business here in the UK and abroad. they all had one thing in common, the ability to add a nice lot of sugar to a product they could buy in and "tweak " a bit if required. They just made sure they bough the best maps possible form a certain well known German Company w in the trade. some sell it on at a nice price for everyone and it all goes well , some "over cook " themselves and their prices and end up losing a lot of business after the "forums" get wind.
Good luck for your business ,
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 10:44   #33
craftychap
Rookie

The site quotes 320bhp for the Volvo S80 T6 (2002), is this correct as most others quote 306bhp?

Would this require removal of the ECU?
craftychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 10:57   #34
dera
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychap View Post
The site quotes 320bhp for the Volvo S80 T6 (2002), is this correct as most others quote 306bhp?

Would this require removal of the ECU?
320hp is roughly correct, yes. We do limit the torque slightly on low rpm range to protect the 4-speed GM gearbox on the 6 cylinder engines.

We have the tools to program these cars using the diagnostics port. No need to remove the ECU.
t: 01623 332233

Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/sharkperformance
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 11:08   #35
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD View Post
And so do a few others.
Good luck for your business ,
Thank you

10% off remaps and vehicle servicing to VolvoForums members
shark90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 11:21   #36
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Still waiting for a reply to my post before I decide,would also. Like the DIY option to return to stock.
Mike
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 12:02   #37
dera
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
Still waiting for a reply to my post before I decide,would also. Like the DIY option to return to stock.
Mike
Yes, we have an end-user flash tool available as well. This is an optional extra at £200 inc. VAT.

The Following User Says Thank You to dera For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 13:18   #38
LJD
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1nny View Post
Anyone interested in a group remap? When I had my merc we organised 30+ cars so we only paid a modest fee for the software and then a days labour for the team who did the install. This was £130! Probably wont get it down to this level but will certainly try.... Now im back in a D5 I want it remapped!

If we can get 10+ Ill get onto organising things... Post your names below if you are and then I will try and sort out some willing company/ locations and pricing...

Based on a tuner having a guaranteed min of 10 customers and the amount of feedback that can generate on forums etc

I think we should "tender" the offer out to tuners and see who wants to offer you guys the best offer and to explain why they are going to be the best offer etc

there are many companies that are "good" and i can bet they would love the business

so rather than 'we go to them" let them come to you . They need the business !!
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 13:50   #39
don kalmar union
Trader

Default MTE software.

The price of MTE Swedish written premium software is £465 including VAT.

You install the software yourself using their unique Softloader device that acts as an interface between your car's OBD port and an XP or Windows 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155. If you do decide to keep the Softloader it does enable you to swap between standard Volvo and MTE software, with the laptop. Additionally if you keep it you can also buy MTE's data logging and diagnostics package for an additional £135. again to use with it and your laptop.

The MTE system is unique in that each set of callibrations is based on the initial readout that a customer makes and thus all the important other software callibrations remain in the final product you get back from me to install in your car. That means that you have the possibility of visiting a local dealer prior to starting the process with the initial read-out, they can check and flash in any important revisions which are retained in the MTE product.

If you want to check how the market sees MTE, myself and our competitors you will find plenty by searching here and at www.t5d5.org

Best regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 14:22   #40
dera
Shark Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
The price of MTE Swedish written premium software is £465 including VAT.

You install the software yourself using their unique Softloader device that acts as an interface between your car's OBD port and an XP or Windows 7 (32 bit) equipped laptop. I loan that Softloader against a fully returnable deposit of £155. If you do decide to keep the Softloader it does enable you to swap between standard Volvo and MTE software, with the laptop. Additionally if you keep it you can also buy MTE's data logging and diagnostics package for an additional £135. again to use with it and your laptop.

The MTE system is unique in that each set of callibrations is based on the initial readout that a customer makes and thus all the important other software callibrations remain in the final product you get back from me to install in your car. That means that you have the possibility of visiting a local dealer prior to starting the process with the initial read-out, they can check and flash in any important revisions which are retained in the MTE product.

If you want to check how the market sees MTE, myself and our competitors you will find plenty by searching here and at www.t5d5.org

Best regards, Don.
Don,

I'll correct a few things for you.

Our system also reads the whole ECM calibration (including the signal configuration data etc). There's nothing "unique" about MTE's method. Rica, BSR, MTE and Shark Performance all use the same method, but these are the only companies who do it this way. We are the only UK-based company that do it this way.

The tool we use is similar to MTE's softloader (but not the same), but we are the only UK based tuning company who have the full master capabilities of that tool. All our software is written and developed here in Mansfield at our HQ. UK tuning for UK cars.
Tuning cars in Sweden (yes, I've got quite alot of experience on projects there) is different, for example, intake air temp correction maps for ignition are different between UK and Sweden. Or atleast they should be. I would assume Swedish written maps are scaled to -35C.

For the customers who are not local to us, we can also loan the tool. Our loan tool comes with a fully installed laptop as well, and our end-user tool is a fully stand alone tool, that doesn't need a laptop to switch between software versions (similar to BSR's PPC system but not made by BSR).

Sorry to veer a bit off topic though, this thread is about a possible group buy, but I just had to correct a few things about MTE being "unique".

Best regards,

Mikko/Shark Performance