Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Buying from PGI Farnham

Views : 12449

Replies : 54

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 22:27   #31
tj101c70

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegasman View Post
its great and the chap who sold it to me said they were an excellent company,
Well he would won't he, !!
He would hardly say the last 2 services he has had done, on a car he is selling you were rubbish !!!
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
tj101c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 19:19   #32
spankyspangler

I would not buy a car from PGI. Check out the details on companies house website. There liquidation has already been in the Loondon gazette. Oh and moderator please check for yourself before removing this mail. I and many others post true information that can easily be verified.
spankyspangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:08   #33
AdyT5

My 850 T5 came from PGI im glad i didnt buy it from them as its had loads of work done to by them and not that long after the guy bought it from them then after the warranty had finished it had a major service and in the notes bit on there form it says stonechip replace n/s headlight top engine mount split rear brake discs corroded brake pads low front brake discs distorted pads low turbo oil pipe seal leaking oil leak from rear crankshaft oil seal all tyres worn on the edges and that was just 6 months after he bought it bet he was ****ed i would of been not long after he had all that done he sold it
prob didnt fancy another service and a mot by PGI lol
AdyT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 13:28   #34
Swede2

Just a little update on this - earlier posts said PGi Volvo Estates Ltd had a proposal to strike off the Companies Register. If you've not been monitoring the situation on the Volvo Performance Forum http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15590 then you may not know that they actually went into liquidation in July 2008, following on from the liquidation of PGi (Farnham) Limited in July 2007. They are now using the name PGi Trade Car Sales (or something along those lines) at their premises in Runfold. However they are quoting an incorrect company number at the bottom of the webpage and putting it next to the name "PGi", as if that's the number and name of the trading company. It seems likely that the actual company name is now DAH Investments Ltd so they are giving an incorrect number AND name on the new website, which also states that they have another business selling Volvo Estates which has been "trading successfully for 15 years" which of course is as far from the truth as it is possible to get. Elsewhere on another site they quote "we only sell Volvo estates" which is also a downright lie since they sell anything they can make a buck on, and many of them in my own experience and that of many people who I have been in contact with and who have contacted me, are not in a fit state to be on the road.

Do yourselves a favour and do not buy any car anywhere without first finding out the CORRECT name of the company and doing a Companies House search and a Google search on it. Check each and every result as the company will make every effort to sink the bad press as far down the list of results as they think no-one will bother to look.
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 15:59   #35
TORSLANDER
TORS

Thumbs down Nothing better to do?

It would appear you have nothing better to turnip! Surely the moderators should bump all of this and you. You hate pgi and the law of the land for not wiping them off the face of the earth? Anyone else ? How many companies have you taken to court then?
TORSLANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 16:45   #36
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

I think that you will find that the user called TORSLANDER is actually the proprieter of the company formally known as PGi.
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 17:26   #37
jimka
Volvo Obsessed

sigh, you start as many usernames as you do companies by the sound of it...

Last edited by John_C; Sep 29th, 2008 at 17:48. Reason: Breach of Rule 1
jimka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 23:27   #38
Swede2

Default David Wilce (PGi proprietor) loses another claim

David Wilce, proprietor of liquidated PGi Farnham Limited and liquidated PGi (Volvo Estates) Ltd lost another claim against him in Court yesterday at Guildford.

He owes me even MORE money now since the Judge added my travelling and parking expenses. Wonder if I'll get this new sum since he still hasn't coughed up a penny of the £4200 he was ordered to pay us in Feb 2007!

(Any time you want to pay us the money, David, I'll stop reporting on your companies' activities.)

In the meantime, DAH Investments Limited (see post dated 7 July 2009 on VPCUK forum http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/show...t=15590&page=5) now has a proposal to strike it off the Companies Register. So it's on the way out too. Be warned.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/cd...ae/compdetails (type in company number 06585774)
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 16:36   #39
Swede2

PGI updates

Following the striking-off of the last company behind PGi, and the latest successful court claim against them (they still owe me over £4,200, by court order, under TWO CCJs), here's the latest info to help you make the sensible decision not to do any business with them (they're still at same premises with the same signage and have all the same websites so innocent punters are none the wiser, but clearly they're not the same company names behind them and may be a different one already by the time you need to take them to court so they'll get away with it again) .......

They now have (according to the Snoop4Directors site) TWO unincorporated companies listed - "PGI" and "PGI Farnham"

UC5497398 PGI Farnham
UC5068579 PGI

They were reported to have taken money in the name of "Park Green Investments Ltd" by a purchaser posting on one of the Volvo forums. Park Green Investments Ltd's details (according to Companies House Webcheck service), are Company number ...

02835586 - PARK GREEN INVESTMENTS LIMITED
4-5 KING STREET, RICHMOND, SURREY, TW9 1ND

where, coincidentally, there are several similarly-named companies also registered ...

05007893 - PARK GREEN REAL ESTATE LIMITED

05637293 - PARK GREEN LIMITED

05007898 - PARK GREEN HOMES LIMITED

05008487 - PARK GREEN HOLDINGS LIMITED

04269935 - PARK GREEN CONTRACTORS LIMITED

not to mention if you Google "Park Green Investments Limited" all sorts of property development results come up in Devon ...........

Director No:

18122996 - DAVID WILCE
Address: SURREY, GU1 4DD
D.O.B: 1962
No of current directorships & company secretarials held: 0

11815438 - DAVID ST JOHN WILCE
Address: GUILDFORD, SURREY, GU5 0QL
D.O.B: 1962
No of current directorships & company secretarials held: 2

11815426 - ESTHER WILCE
Address: GUILDFORD, GU5 0QL
D.O.B: 1964
No of current directorships & company secretarials held: 4

If anyone has some spare cash to order the £1 a time reports from Companies House maybe they could post the results on here. I can't afford to throw even small change around these days thanks to David Wilce and Esther Wilce!

"Trojan", one of the members of the VPCUK forum, posted the following:

"Just to let you know the Pewley Group Investments was the name on the credit card receipt from their chip n pin machine . I did receive a written receipt for the work on a photocopied template from PGI volvo estates.
I am just glad that I didnt get screwed by them as you did Swede."

(You can see this post in its context at http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...241#post624241 ). Still no mention of Pewley Group Investments if you Google it, so one would strongly suspect it doesn't actually exist.

Receipt on a photocopied template from PGI Volvo Estates????????

He didn't reply what date that was, but shouldn't the invoice and the card receipt match each other? And not be photocopied? Not sure whether purchase was before or after PGI Volvo Estates' liquidation but it would not be unique for them to sell under the name of a liquidated company, since that was what he did to the claimant in the last claim he lost (that I'm aware of) (obviously apart from also selling him a car that started to go wrong, I think it was on the way home from the garage, but it may have been the following day - I can't be bothered to look it up in the filing cabinet drawerfull of papers I have on them).
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 21:55   #40
hccharnock

i was going to ask for trailing arm bushes at pgi the other day as no one ellse had them in. Thought i'd rather not though, probably end up paying finance on a 440 1.7 or something extortionate lol