Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Collected my car :)

Views : 4711

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2016, 09:58   #41
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Not sure if you need to do this to get the apps to work, but have you registered the car with Volvo ID?

tem.
Hi, yes had pin number, called VOC while sat in car with engine running, they can see car and everything. Just the apps issue. VOC on mobile is picking up car etc.
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 10:22   #42
eax

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Hi, yes had pin number, called VOC while sat in car with engine running, they can see car and everything. Just the apps issue. VOC on mobile is picking up car etc.
Just a bit of a digress here guys, but is it possible to install VOC on 2 phones? For controlling the same car? Thanks.
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 10:48   #43
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
I wonder if they did not have the parts for the standard heated rear seat button or something like that and upgraded you.
I thought that might be the case but they also fitted the cooled glovebox so not sure.

Quote:
I still cannot get any of the sensus apps to connect, just get a spinning circle, talking to dealer.
How are you connecting your phone to the car? Are the phone and car definitely connected?
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 10:51   #44
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eax View Post
Just a bit of a digress here guys, but is it possible to install VOC on 2 phones? For controlling the same car? Thanks.
Yes, I have VoC on my phone and tablet and both can control the same car.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 10:52   #45
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
I thought that might be the case but they also fitted the cooled glovebox so not sure.

How are you connecting your phone to the car? Are the phone and car definitely connected?
I was going to say the same.
Also try home wifi if you are parked close to your house. Worked for me first attempt. I have tried all the apps though

Sometimes the car forgets the network and you may have to reconnect to the network phone/home wifi.
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 11:44   #46
FooMan
First time Volvo owner

Quote:
Yes, I have VoC on my phone and tablet and both can control the same car.
Same here plus Windows 10 App.
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 12:30   #47
neon
Premier Member

Quote:

I think it might be me being a dummy. I was thinking the apps worked through the inbuilt modem.
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 12:35   #48
mrlossyman

Quote:
I think it might be me being a dummy. I was thinking the apps worked through the inbuilt modem.
Yes, I thought the same....
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 12:55   #49
BTXC90

Quote:
For that you will have to use a dedicated SIM, insert in the boot and leave it for your car data needs. Apps, updates and RTTI

Alternative is to use your phone as a hotspot. I use this coz I have a 20GB allowance on my O2 SIM.
Old Sep 21st, 2016, 13:17   #50
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
For that you will have to use a dedicated SIM, insert in the boot and leave it for your car data needs. Apps, updates and RTTI

Alternative is to use your phone as a hotspot. I use this coz I have a 20GB allowance on my O2 SIM.
Ok, so the inbuilt modem is just for VOC data and not connecting any of the apps.

Just tried my phone as a hotspot and it was all connected to car, but apps still will not start. Talking to dealer about it as they also gave me step by step instructions with the mobile hotspot.