Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RWD Rally 2007

Views : 8429

Replies : 108

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:05   #41
Velorum
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_N View Post
I think the idea should be now allow a few weeks for people to show interest, then start booking things.

This year i used www.lemansrace.com Their prices are reasonable, and being a 1st timer to le mans, i found it easier booking EVERYTHING through one place instead of booking everything separatly. It would probably be cheaper to book things seperate but easier to just buy an "all in" package from somewhere like lemansrace.com
Hi James

Sounds good to me - I think that we have a while before we need to book things.

Ian
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:06   #42
James_N
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velorum2003 View Post
Hi James

Sounds good to me - I think that we have a while before we need to book things.

Ian
for le mans, dont count on it. you need to book things WELL before xmas
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:08   #43
Velorum
VOC Member

Default Updated entrants list

Hi All

As I update the entrants list I will post this as an attachment.

Here is the latest.

Ian
Attached Files
File Type: doc Volvo RWD Le Mans Rally 2007.doc (31.0 KB, 8 views)
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:10   #44
James_N
VOC Member

my email is james@jnolan.co.uk if you want to add it to the list

Again i'll stress, read www.beermountain.com as its packed full of important le mans preparation. This year was a learning curve for me, i was so unprepared, i hope this next year will be better
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:12   #45
Velorum
VOC Member

Question

Quote:
for le mans, dont count on it. you need to book things WELL before xmas
Thanks for the heads up James. Am I right in thinking that the dates we need to consider are the 16th & 17th June?

If it needs to be booked well before xmas any ideas to a cut off date for interested parties?

Ian
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:18   #46
Velorum
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
my email is james@jnolan.co.uk if you want to add it to the list

Again i'll stress, read www.beermountain.com as its packed full of important le mans preparation. This year was a learning curve for me, i was so unprepared, i hope this next year will be better
Thanks James - will check out site.

List updated.

Ian
Attached Files
File Type: doc Volvo RWD Le Mans Rally 2007.doc (31.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:20   #47
James_N
VOC Member

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up James. Am I right in thinking that the dates we need to consider are the 16th & 17th June?
The dates have just been confirmed as the 16th-17th June. Id be looking to get there early wednesday morning to get a good pitch. Dont do what me and a mate did and turn up at 10pm Thursday night (we should of been there at around 6pm but getting lost and simply not setting out early enough, cost us time and meant we had to pitch up right next to a ditch in the pitch black!)

You need to be there in PLENTY of time before the weekend, else all the best pitches are gone. Its first come, first served for space.

oh and for a laugh, just to show how disastourous my 1st le mans trip was, here is my volvo stickered up:

I was made to take the LM2006 sticker off because the french on sea france thought i was carrying hazardous!! I finally managed to get through to them, it was infact for the le mans race!
Seems those on P&O didnt get into trouble for the stickers! only those on sea france lol!
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:32   #48
Velorum
VOC Member

Ah, now I am getting my head around dates. Your experience here is invaluable James.

OK, everyone - how about?

Rally dates:

Wednesday 13th June to Sunday 17th June

Arrive by mid day on 13th - which means that we could arrange a some club activities before the racing starts.

Ian

PS. Must remember to be careful with stickers - I usualy travel with Sea France!
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:36   #49
James_N
VOC Member

Quote:
Ah, now I am getting my head around dates. Your experience here is invaluable James.

OK, everyone - how about?

Rally dates:

Wednesday 13th June to Sunday 17th June

Arrive by mid day on 13th - which means that we could arrange a some club activities before the racing starts.

Ian

PS. Must remember to be careful with stickers - I usualy travel with Sea France!
Depending where your setting out from, its 12 hours to le mans from Stafford. We had to drive back from le mans throughout the night to get home as i was ill. It took 12 hours almost to the minute. So getting to le mans for midday would mean having to leave about 12 at night - No problem anyway, id want to be there earlier this time, so 12 at night it would have to be.

You would want to travel back Monday, so it would be 13th - 18th. Thats assuming everyone wants to see the end of the race! It ends about 5pm on the sunday, so most people start leaving monday morning to be back by monday night.

The secret (i leant the hard way!) is to be WELL organised and have everything ready to go and well planned out a week or so before you go!

There is a supermarket about 2 mins outside of le mans, so supplies once you get there is not a problem. If there is a fair crowd of us going, it would be cool for a lot of us to meet at Dover for a set time, get the same ferry, and then convoy down through france. Its nice having someone to convoy with instead of being on your own, as we got lost! so the more the merrier.

With regards to ferries, if your booked on the 1pm ferry and you turn up at 11am, it doesnt matter, you can just turn up and get on the next one, likewise if your booked on the 11am ferry and you miss it, just jump on the next one. Dover to calais they sail about every 30 mins.

Last edited by James_N; Sep 16th, 2006 at 19:38.
James_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 19:53   #50
Velorum
VOC Member

OK - dates 13 - 18th June

Like the idea of meeting up at Dover and travelling in convoy

How about getting a night ferry on the Tuesday to arrive in Calais early enough to drive the rest of the way to get to Le Mans by lunchtime on 13th?

Looking forward to getting lost in Rouen again!

Ian