Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Lead Times & Air Suspension

Views : 4668

Replies : 88

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2016, 10:56   #41
aab203

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Owner View Post
I think its just an error on that site - I can see they are included as standard in the price list. I guess it's academic to me now but are the prices on that site achievable?
Yep, they should be achievable. I got an offer from that site price matched
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 11:10   #42
BTXC90

Quote:
That's a disappointment - on that site my T8 is £2k cheaper than I am paying!

I note it says manual child locks as a no cost option. I want this, do I need to ask? I assumed it would just come as standard.
There are a number of such sites in the UK, where you can get an offer price from dealers across the country

you can save some money or get some optional packs

http://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/
https://www.carwow.co.uk/

are a couple of reliable ones I have come across
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 11:22   #43
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
Yep, they should be achievable. I got an offer from that site price matched
My dealer price matched the best CarWow price I could get at the time (a few months ago) which was not a huge discount but something. But the carfile price is even cheaper still. I guess this sort of thing always happens - I probably shouldn't look!. I did at least get a relatively short wait time compared to what some dealers were saying on CarWow.
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 12:27   #44
aab203

Quote:
My dealer price matched the best CarWow price I could get at the time (a few months ago) which was not a huge discount but something. But the carfile price is even cheaper still. I guess this sort of thing always happens - I probably shouldn't look!. I did at least get a relatively short wait time compared to what some dealers were saying on CarWow.
As you say its one of those things - sometimes I still check for bargains after I got something and if I find one then I get annoyed that I paid more.

I guess my trade off with getting some money off the car is my 5 months waiting time. 15 weeks and counting!
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 14:26   #45
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
As you say its one of those things - sometimes I still check for bargains after I got something and if I find one then I get annoyed that I paid more.

I guess my trade off with getting some money off the car is my 5 months waiting time. 15 weeks and counting!
Actually it depends, even through these online deals you could get the car on-time or early

some dealers have some pre-blocked slots for specific trim (customisations could be added) and allot you one, which could get the car earlier than going through a local dealer. If slots are available .
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 14:33   #46
Simdru

5 months is a long time, but if you can get circa 5-10% off the RRP then the wait is probably justified. I need to be looking to order in February then if I want one by August 2017.

Bit of a digression I know but does anyone have any knowledge of or experience of having a decent tracker device fitted? A friend had his brand new Audi S4 nicked within a few months of ownership, the thieves used some hi-tech gadgetry to bypass the keyless entry to get into the car without as much of a scratch on it. He spread the word very quickly through social media & thankfully it was spotted on a back-street somewhere. As prestigious 4x4's are the most targeted for theft (think Range Rovers were statistically the most-stolen cars last years) I'd want to guard against the same thing happening to me. If you look online there's a myriad of products, ranging from £20 into the thousands, many with expensive subscription fees. Anyone had one fitted? Just want to factor it into the purchase price.
Simdru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 14:50   #47
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simdru View Post
5 months is a long time, but if you can get circa 5-10% off the RRP then the wait is probably justified. I need to be looking to order in February then if I want one by August 2017.

Bit of a digression I know but does anyone have any knowledge of or experience of having a decent tracker device fitted? A friend had his brand new Audi S4 nicked within a few months of ownership, the thieves used some hi-tech gadgetry to bypass the keyless entry to get into the car without as much of a scratch on it. He spread the word very quickly through social media & thankfully it was spotted on a back-street somewhere. As prestigious 4x4's are the most targeted for theft (think Range Rovers were statistically the most-stolen cars last years) I'd want to guard against the same thing happening to me. If you look online there's a myriad of products, ranging from £20 into the thousands, many with expensive subscription fees. Anyone had one fitted? Just want to factor it into the purchase price.
Dealer told me you can see the location of you car on the Volvo On Call iPhone app - so I figured that is as good as a tracker - is that correct?

Back to price - I had/have a 4.5 month wait too. Sigh. Looks like I could have negotiated twice the discount I did ... never mind. Did you negotiate any service plan? I've not discussed that at all.
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 14:59   #48
Simdru

Quote:
Dealer told me you can see the location of you car on the Volvo On Call iPhone app - so I figured that is as good as a tracker - is that correct?

Back to price - I had/have a 4.5 month wait too. Sigh. Looks like I could have negotiated twice the discount I did ... never mind. Did you negotiate any service plan? I've not discussed that at all.
I don't know enough about how the Volvo On Call system works to comment on how effective it would be in the event of theft. Thieves can now use jammers to prevent many tracking devices from working, or can easily disconnect it from the battery. The Thatcham 5,6 & 7 category devices, from what I understand, have their own power supply & emit a VHF signal which can't be blocked or jammed.

I haven't even spoken to a dealer yet to be honest, due to personal circumstances I don't need the car until next August, so in the new year I'll start to nail down dealers on price & service plans.
Simdru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 15:54   #49
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simdru View Post

Today's Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ked-volkswagen

tem.
Old Aug 12th, 2016, 16:07   #50
aab203

Quote:

So my experience was a little back to front as I first started with Carwow (never heard of CarFile at that time) and managed to get a few dealers down to what I thought was a good price, with extras thrown in + three year free servicing.

Then I heard about CarFile (from this forum) and that had a price which was a lot less than where I had gotten to with some of the dealers. One dealer was happy to match the price but then (which I was expecting) added the extras (with a discount) and service plan back on top.. this still came to less than my Carwow best offer... so I went with it.

Had I started with CarFile first then maybe I could have haggled that price down... I will never know

I think I would have been extremely fortunate to have gotten a shorter lead time as I went for a T8 Inscription.

Hope that helps.