Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For sale.. Volvo 480 turbo

Views : 12648

Replies : 93

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:26   #41
drew1981

Default 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidicDavey View Post
He has, it ended at £850 with the reserve not met. Now with a £1500 Buy it Now
buy it now or make an offer
drew1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 13:55   #42
drew1981

Default 480

Quote:
Well he does say were worth £800 but lets be honest they don't add a penny to the value of the car!

There is one of these on ebay right now for £595 buy it now with the same mileage, colour, spec and similar condition but it doesn't have an mot. I can't imagine it'd require £905 worth of work spending to make it good.

As already stated, and in my opinion this car is worth under £1000. No 480 with rusty arches is worth more!

Take some proper photos Drew, cleaned inside and out in the daylight and bung the full 12 photos on ebay (how people expect to sell a car for top dollar with rubbish pics is beyond me!) and you might have someone bite
there is a link which u can click to view 14 pics davey. clearly havnt read the add propperly
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 13:56   #43
drew1981

Default 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicdavey View Post
the advert states 1500 (((or))) make an offer
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 14:00   #44
drew1981

Default 480

Quote:
Well he does say were worth £800 but lets be honest they don't add a penny to the value of the car!

There is one of these on ebay right now for £595 buy it now with the same mileage, colour, spec and similar condition but it doesn't have an mot. I can't imagine it'd require £905 worth of work spending to make it good.

As already stated, and in my opinion this car is worth under £1000. No 480 with rusty arches is worth more!

Take some proper photos Drew, cleaned inside and out in the daylight and bung the full 12 photos on ebay (how people expect to sell a car for top dollar with rubbish pics is beyond me!) and you might have someone bite
THE CURRENT 480 ON EBAY states spares/repairs mine will have 12 months mot on for the buyer. and will need no repairs just tax.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 16:49   #45
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Dude, instead of lashing out, take what people have said into consideration then address the issues, which i see you have done, but try and be curteous, i know criticizm is hard to take, but you are on a forum of veterans to this kind of car and offer up their expertise to you. Remember good impressions make a good and easy sell.

Ps theres a multiquot button it looks like some speech marks on a bit of paper.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 19:02   #46
drew1981

Default 480

there is no harm in trying... and thats all i am doing. id take a grand for it easy. but there is no harm in raising the stakes to the unknown and hope for the best.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 19:38   #47
drew1981

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1981 View Post
THE CURRENT 480 ON EBAY states spares/repairs mine will have 12 months mot on for the buyer. and will need no repairs just tax.
just to add the 480 on ebay has ripped carpet, a totally smashed door card, a smashed none working rev counter, rust looks bad on arches, a bust wing mirror, mouldy seats, absolutely filthy interior carpet, wot else can i say, id say mine compared to that heap of s*@t is a bargain at a grand.. and i have the v5 and the buyer does not have to pay 25 quid for another, and will have 12 months MOT... lol need i say more
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 20:39   #48
AcidicDavey
Younger Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1981 View Post
there is no harm in trying... and thats all i am doing. id take a grand for it easy. but there is no harm in raising the stakes to the unknown and hope for the best.
You are right, I've tried before and succeeded.

With regards to the picture comment, I did indeed read the whole ad, the problem is though that some people don't bother. You need to put the pics in the ebay system like the 2 you have but BETTER pics in full daylight.

When I'm personally looking for a car on eBay, the first thing I look at are the pics at the top of the page. If someone hasn't put in the effort right from the off I'm much more likely to simply just back out and look for something else! Admittedly though there's not too much choice out there for these and that other one on eBay atm is certainly a worse car than yours but is yours worth £900 more?

If you really are happy to get 1k for it lower the asking price, £1200 should do it. With asking £1500 I very much doubt someone would be expecting to get 33% off and are therefore much less likely to make an offer as they think they're going to insult you. Plus cookie has already said he's tried to negotiate with you but gave up as you stuck at £1500????
AcidicDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AcidicDavey For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 20:45   #49
GaryS40
VOC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
You are right, I've tried before and succeeded.

With regards to the picture comment, I did indeed read the whole ad, the problem is though that some people don't bother. You need to put the pics in the ebay system like the 2 you have but BETTER pics in full daylight.

When I'm personally looking for a car on eBay, the first thing I look at are the pics at the top of the page. If someone hasn't put in the effort right from the off I'm much more likely to simply just back out and look for something else! Admittedly though there's not too much choice out there for these and that other one on eBay atm is certainly a worse car than yours but is yours worth £900 more?

If you really are happy to get 1k for it lower the asking price, £1200 should do it. With asking £1500 I very much doubt someone would be expecting to get 33% off and are therefore much less likely to make an offer as they think they're going to insult you. Plus cookie has already said he's tried to negotiate with you but gave up as you stuck at £1500????
Dave is correct, mate

If I look at the pics and they are crap, I just move on to the next ad.

I wouldn't think of offering someone 66% of their 'buy it now' price, as it would usually be immediately rejected.

Gary
Mod's so far: Orpheus alloys, 10.1" android multimedia head unit, Nappa leather rebuilt, wood trimmed m/function steering wheel, Polestar blue and black calipers, Pipe Dynamics custom turbo back stainless steel exhaust, with 200 cell sports cat, R engine and injector rail covers, tinted rear windows.
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
2003 S40 S - Gone but not forgotten. ☹
16 non Volvos.
GaryS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryS40 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 20:57   #50
AcidicDavey
Younger Member

Well you could always ask 2 grand and make out the car's got no problems despite saying it does in the eBay ad!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C353167
AcidicDavey is offline   Reply With Quote