Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Trying to locate my fathers old P1800S

Views : 7606

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 23:36   #41
Alf ista
Premier Member

I would think its too long ago for the ad to still be around. Giving Simon a ring is a good idea though, worth a shot.
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 19:08   #42
w3st05

Spoke to Simon, knows names of people and not really the cars, gave me a few names of people to speak to but no luck so far.

Think it just a case now of waiting a hoping it turns up one day. I think half of Ireland know about it now

Thanks everybody for your help so far.
w3st05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 19:46   #43
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800necwinner View Post
dad has just bought another P1800 S today and that is a very rare light blue and at a quick glance it looks like that perl white which shimmers not seen another one in the flesh , like that color before very nice but you kinda have to get so close to it to make out the color hehe but defo a hint of blue
here is a photo to show the blue color difference with two cars side by side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 210720131402.jpg (158.7 KB, 29 views)

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 18:57   #44
w3st05

Just an update. Had a lead that it may have been seen in Dublin but unfortunately it looks like a dead end

The search continues
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 00:12   #45
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3st05 View Post
Just an update. Had a lead that it may have been seen in Dublin but unfortunately it looks like a dead end

The search continues
Keep at it. Even today I was in a garage and a lovely 67 P1800 pulled in. It was white on Minilites. Very nice it was. It was a Cork reg too, but I had never seen it before.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 21:02   #46
mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf ista View Post
Keep at it. Even today I was in a garage and a lovely 67 P1800 pulled in. It was white on Minilites. Very nice it was. It was a Cork reg too, but I had never seen it before.
Was that down near Youghal? Met a man last year who if i remember correctly was living near there,

Also there was one in West Cork, that had been rallied, that was about 2 years ago,
mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 21:30   #47
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain View Post
Was that down near Youghal? Met a man last year who if i remember correctly was living near there,

Also there was one in West Cork, that had been rallied, that was about 2 years ago,
Yeah, it was in the Amber station in Youghal. The two had pulled in for 99's! Nice sunny evening it was. Sorry I didnt have the Amazon out, it would have given a good reason for a chat. Lovely car, looked in good solid nick too.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 15:51   #48
AidanC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain View Post

I first came across that one in 2009 - it was still on UK plates at the time. It was seam welded if I remember correctly so should be identifiable even if its been restored.
AidanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2016, 10:22   #49
w3st05

Hi everyone

Been a long time since I started this thread and thought I'd resurrect it just in case.....

Still been keeping an eye out for it but nothing apart from a previous owner getting in touch who sent me some more pictures of the car which was nice to see.

So if you happen to have seen the car in the last few years or know of its whereabouts please get in touch.

Thanks

Martin
Old Apr 8th, 2016, 12:13   #50
mantee78

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3st05 View Post
Hi everyone

Been a long time since I started this thread and thought I'd resurrect it just in case.....

Still been keeping an eye out for it but nothing apart from a previous owner getting in touch who sent me some more pictures of the car which was nice to see.

So if you happen to have seen the car in the last few years or know of its whereabouts please get in touch.

Thanks

Martin
Could you post some pictures of what exactly to look for, starting from its colour to some details' pictures and mention the differences with other models, please.
I'm driving a lot, and I have an eye to spot details, I saw my old cars on the roads few years after I sold them, even with reg plates changed

Who knows, some day maybe if not me, someone other will see your car
mantee78 is offline   Reply With Quote