Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo 940 sports estate manual

Views : 26506

Replies : 233

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2009, 10:48   #41
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Can not see the sunroof, does not look as if it has one, interior is hard to tell without looking at mine, but something is not right about the car. As for ride height, it says it has monroe shockers fitted, which could be the reason, but still looks too high at the front. Grill is defo the wrong one, as you say couls be a SE with the extras on it.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 15:53   #42
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyericsson View Post
Can not see the sunroof, does not look as if it has one, interior is hard to tell without looking at mine, but something is not right about the car. As for ride height, it says it has monroe shockers fitted, which could be the reason, but still looks too high at the front. Grill is defo the wrong one, as you say couls be a SE with the extras on it.

Running the Reg number confirms its a bog standard SE thats been fitted with the wheels and spoiler.
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 22:17   #43
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: ebay bidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark480 View Post
There have only been two bidders on the black one.

I instantly bid on it and kept increasing my bid until the reserve was met at £400. That's about my limit especially as the chance of buying Chesh's has come up. There is still hope of buying both but it's a very long shot and depends on a lot.

I think the maroon one has just had the bits fitted as the seats look wrong, as does the grille?
I'm sorry Mark, but bidding like that is plain stupid.

Never ever bid until the very end if you really want something. Bidding early is for the trolls who never buy but bid things up for kicks, and other mugs buy them, and for idiot amateurs!

The rule is: Bid late, and bid as high as you believe it is worth. If you were successful, it was meant to be, if not, shrug your shoulders and walk away.

Cheers,

T

p.s. I wouldn't rely on Chesh selling his car.
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 20:44   #44
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesh740R View Post
Running the Reg number confirms its a bog standard SE thats been fitted with the wheels and spoiler.
From the seller:
Quote:
Hi This has a sun roof and the black and chrome grill was removed by some
tealeaf at the insurance company,as for the turbo+ they were only ever
fitted to the manual(m90 gearbox) models,and realy are a waist of time as
it only gave a few seconds of more boost, i remove them and fit the saab
apc a much better system. Regards
Were the auto Sports sold/designated differently then??

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 22:20   #45
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Turbo + was only fitted to the manuals, and have heard about the Saab APC thing before, just never got round to trying it. As for only a few seconds of extra boost, well in the specs it says upto 30 secs of extra boost on full throttle. As for the reg number, best to check with a dealer, mine shows up on their system as an SE sports edition. A few things dont seem right about this car, yes maybe the grill was pinched, but the seats do look wrong, as does the ride height.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 11:35   #46
amaz'in

Mine came with the addendum booklet in it's Wallet entitled 'Turbo +' pertaining to the boost kit.

But as Sony Ericson say's above the Auto's didnt have this fitted? I also believe the colour 'may' be wrong I have the 'Sports edition' brochure here, and two reds are listed, although they will not be a good representation of the 'actual' colour.

I am sure the other Red sports I have seen are different in shade? they did 5 colours, Black pearl,Black,Red pearl,Red and Silver sand...mine is the latter and I have never seen another Volvo in the same colour as mine, it looks silver from a distance, but I would describe it as a champagne colour.

I believe Silver Sand was offered on the 960 luxury edition?

The only way you could tell would perhaps be by the L/S back axle?

Seats certainly look wrong, they should be Ruched and mine are, and in a very obvious way, brochure only lists black leather, which mine is, but the seats in question look Grey, anyone concur? or is it just my Mr Mcgoo eyes?

J
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 15:59   #47
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

From the seller:

Were the auto Sports sold/designated differently then??

Des. . .
Quite possibly, if the Auto's don't have the raised power then they wouldnt get the higher insurance classifications that my sport does.

Running that reg number through an insurance database versus my sport and mine is £50 more expensive to insure. The insurance industry class that car as a 940 SE, where as mine comes up as 940 SPORTS Edition

Just out of interest to all other Sport Owners, or other 940 owners how is your car classiffied on the V5.

Mine is Make: VOLVO
Model/type: blank
Variant: blank
Version: blank
Body Type: SPORTS
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 17:20   #48
Mark480
Loser

Hi Chesh

I have been sending you PM's without reply.

Can you please get in touch with me. I know there have been problems with the PM system so hopefully it is just a glitch. Either way I would like to hear back.

Thanks, Mark
Mark480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 22:33   #49
amaz'in

Hi Chesh,

Mine is:

Make: Volvo
Model/Type: 940SE Turbo
Variant: Blank
Version: Blank
Body Type: Estate

It's a genuine Sports Edition, when I last popped up to the local agent, he popped the reg in to the Computer and said...Blimey, that's a high spec car, and duly read out all of the extra's as per Sports Edition.

Odd your should say sports when it ought to say Saloon or Estate?

I guess it would have been down to the dealer to classify it? and variations appear because of this?

J
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 22:48   #50
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaz'in View Post
Hi Chesh,

Mine is:

Make: Volvo
Model/Type: 940SE Turbo
Variant: Blank
Version: Blank
Body Type: Estate

It's a genuine Sports Edition, when I last popped up to the local agent, he popped the reg in to the Computer and said...Blimey, that's a high spec car, and duly read out all of the extra's as per Sports Edition.

Odd your should say sports when it ought to say Saloon or Estate?

I guess it would have been down to the dealer to classify it? and variations appear because of this?

J
Interesting, to be honest I didnt think the V5 would be a gospel way to nail down a car being a Sport, it is far to open for errors or how the person thats plugged in the details to the computer has interpretted.

I've allways gone for what the Insurance companies database brings the car upto be as i've found it pretty fool proof but unless we have a list of chassis numbers of sports produced we can only identify the cars really on weather they have the full added extra kit fitted. The tell tales are all the bits that have been mentioned but more so the locking axle which should have a 1041 sticker visible.

That red car on ebay is an interesting one, being an auto and not having turbo plus is possibly the reason why its in the lower Insurance Group.

Just need the reg number of another genuine sport with auto box to try through the database.