Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Disabling the limp mode on V70??

Views : 10247

Replies : 47

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 13:40   #41
SkintKnuckles

Hi Mike,

great. I just got confused by the instructions on EGR2 (your attachment), where it said take readings between ECM #a66 and EGR valve #1. I guessed #1 corresponds to number 1 on the diagram (of the EGR pos sensor block connector), but had no idea which one on the ECM was a66. However, if its just reading across each connection to earth then that seems straightforward.

Sadly, I fear there will be no cheap repair here, just a least most expensive. However, like a tight Scotman, I'll be giving it another week of seeking free solutions etc, before I bite the bullet. An act of self deception methinks

cheers
Neil

Last edited by SkintKnuckles; Jun 2nd, 2015 at 13:44.
SkintKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 14:04   #42
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

You can but try
Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 18:48   #43
kenny37

Neil is all OK? Sitting waiting at agreed place?
Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 22:42   #44
SkintKnuckles

Smile

Hi Mike,

I checked the readings earlier. This certainly seems to be close to the root of the cause. I read the same pins on my car, then I re-checked them twice again and then checked them using a lead to the battery earth as I didn't believe the other readings could be correct (due to a bad earth). Under all measurements, I found

green 0.00V (even at 200mV range, no detectable volts)
green/white 0.00V (as above)
yellow 0.028-0.03 V
Brown 0.00V

This was the end result no matter how I measured it. I'll call your and my values for the brown the same within error (i.e. no voltage). However, it appears that where there should be a half decent voltage, I have none. This seems to point towards an open circuit or shorting upstream.

I'll add this into the mix over on the EGR expert/masochist thread, as this information, together with the VICE/VIDA readings tonight (thanks to the very kind Kenny37) begins to help the mists clear a little, although not completely.

cheers
Neil
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkintKnuckles For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2015, 08:09   #45
SkintKnuckles

Hi Mike,

I wanted to check just one thing. I did these reading with the multimeter with the ignition at position 2, the ECM block connectors disconnected and using the positive electrode inside the block connector (and a variety of earth sources). This is exactly what you did, right?

I just want to make sure that these differences in our voltages are real and not due to me doing something silly (relative to your measurements).

cheers
Neil
Old Jun 3rd, 2015, 09:37   #46
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkintKnuckles View Post
Hi Mike,

I wanted to check just one thing. I did these reading with the multimeter with the ignition at position 2, the ECM block connectors disconnected and using the positive electrode inside the block connector (and a variety of earth sources). This is exactly what you did, right?

I just want to make sure that these differences in our voltages are real and not due to me doing something silly (relative to your measurements).

cheers
Neil
That's just the way I did it multi plug off positive in each orafist check voltage ignition position 2
I actually did the check multiplug disconected engine running the only 2 that did not change was the 3.30v and the earth 0.01 vault.it generated a code tho
Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2015, 15:43   #47
SkintKnuckles

Default Outnumbered

Hi Mike,

can you PM me your email address please. I spoke to the people you recommended and wanted toscope you out on the price of the work, as it seems very expensive. I cannot currently PM as I've too few posts!

cheers
Neil
The Following User Says Thank You to SkintKnuckles For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2015, 16:16   #48
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

to get your post count bumped up go here
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99800
The Following User Says Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post: