Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seriously?

Views : 938913

Replies : 6628

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2023, 15:27   #5271
robmacdob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post

PS. I've just compared the two ads and I'm now certain it is the same motor car and the same seller (gabrielle966). What a cheek he or she has: it doesn't sell at £2,500 in January so the seller wipes it down with an oily rag, waits 3 months then advertises it again at £5,500!

I still think it would be a good VWW running and riding project: at £2,500
My first post here and found this thread after googling the registration of my new 145 (LTK 145H).

I saw it on eBay in Feb and it went in 24 hours, then it was back on again at £5.5k so waited for that to finish and contacted the owner. Turns our when it was on for £2500 his phone rang off the hook all night and people were saying it should be on for a lot more. He honoured the first guy that offered £2500 and held it but the sale never came off.

I went up two weeks ago, gave it a look over and eventually got it for £4000 with a boot load of spares and delivered to me down near Exeter.

Turns out it was originally supplied by Kastners Volvo of Exeter, had an owner down the road in Kenton then another one in Okehampton for near on 30 years, it is now back just outside of Exeter and about to get some love/money thrown at it.
robmacdob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robmacdob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 15:55   #5272
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmacdob View Post
My first post here and found this thread after googling the registration of my new 145 (LTK 145H).

I saw it on eBay in Feb and it went in 24 hours, then it was back on again at £5.5k so waited for that to finish and contacted the owner. Turns our when it was on for £2500 his phone rang off the hook all night and people were saying it should be on for a lot more. He honoured the first guy that offered £2500 and held it but the sale never came off.

I went up two weeks ago, gave it a look over and eventually got it for £4000 with a boot load of spares and delivered to me down near Exeter.

Turns out it was originally supplied by Kastners Volvo of Exeter, had an owner down the road in Kenton then another one in Okehampton for near on 30 years, it is now back just outside of Exeter and about to get some love/money thrown at it.
Hi Robmacdob,

Congratulations on your buy, I came very close to buying that one, grey 145 with split opening rear side windows if recall the number plate correctly??

I went to have a look a few weeks ago, but decided it was too much of a project for me to take on, especially as a first project.

Are you looking to do a full restoration or just get back on road as a rolling project?? Whatever route you choose, perhaps create a new thread documenting your project........

Some great threads on 145 restorations from Burdekin, and Julaar has one on Amazon forum.

Best of luck, Cheers,
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 16:03   #5273
robmacdob

Hi Steve, not going for a full resto.

First port of call is the rear arch and seat. Then over time it will be door skins and the other bits and pieces.

Rolling resto that will be driven and enjoyed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robmacdob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 16:18   #5274
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Hi Steve, not going for a full resto.

First port of call is the rear arch and seat. Then over time it will be door skins and the other bits and pieces.

Rolling resto that will be driven and enjoyed.
Great to hear that another one will be saved, and hope you enjoy the process.

If you want inspiration, have a quick peep at:-

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...305180&page=25

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 16:23   #5275
robmacdob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Great to hear that another one will be saved, and hope you enjoy the process.

If you want inspiration, have a quick peep at:-

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...305180&page=25

Cheers
Steve
Grabs brew, ready to loose a couple of hours.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robmacdob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 17:16   #5276
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:

What year is it? I might have some good spares if looking so drop me a PM if looking. 140 parts can be a bit hard to find.
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 17:20   #5277
robmacdob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdekin View Post
What year is it? I might have some good spares if looking so drop me a PM if looking. 140 parts can be a bit hard to find.
Thanks. Did try to send you a pm but it said:

“ Sorry, you can only send messages to the Administrators group until you have 30 posts.”

Maybe you could pop me a message to start the conversation?
Thanks
Rob
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robmacdob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 17:52   #5278
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks. Did try to send you a pm but it said:

“ Sorry, you can only send messages to the Administrators group until you have 30 posts.”

Maybe you could pop me a message to start the conversation?
Thanks
Rob
Sending you a message will enable you to read the message but not reply, however there is a light at the end of the tunnel :

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ost+post+count

Sometimes takes a day or two from request to the restriction being lifted but you may be lucky and get it lifted quicker.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 17:59   #5279
robmacdob

Perfect. Thank you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robmacdob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 21:39   #5280
Bob 1967
Master Member

On another tangent....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlp8ejCm1JE
Quite interesting
On a side note there is a guy selling ethanol removal tools for €150, it's basically a rebadged chicken feeder (these retail at €40-€50.
Not a bad mark up for a sticker!!
Phase separation is a worry if the car is left sitting and can occur at different rates dependant on temperature.