Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Would you buy another Volvo?

Views : 170495

Replies : 618

Users Viewing This Thread : mark1400

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Volvo?
Definitely yes 584 54.12%
Likely yes 333 30.86%
Probably no 116 10.75%
No way Nellie 46 4.26%
Voters: 1079. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 9th, 2022, 21:35   #551
Washwipe

The Jury’s still out on mine, first year ok, Adblue issues last November then it cured itself and didn’t leave a code, but then they found the Powerpulse pipe had failed, then the Adblue issue appeared again, as before then followed by EM light again, then as before before the dealer could look at it the adblue fault disappeared again not leaving a code, but then they suspected the compressor was at fault along possibly with a couple of other sensors so parts ordered, ten days later when it was booked in, they checked it over again faults were now not showing again so nothing replaced.
Washwipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2022, 12:18   #552
pont

Yes, but it would have to be a 5 cylinder deisel, so used only for me.
pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2022, 12:57   #553
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

May be emigrating to Canada next year. If I do, I will have to sell my current chariot. When over there, I will be seeking an old 90's to mid 2000's Volvo. If I can get a XC70 then ideal!

2012 Volvo XC70 3.0L AWD T6 [CAN🍁]
2015 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D4 SE LUX - Sold 78,728 Miles (July 2023) [GB]
2012 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D3 SE LUX - Written off 76,500 Miles (Aug 2017)[GB]
SignumGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 17:37   #554
Stone Free
VOC Member

I sold my 2013 XC60 back in February with 145k on the clock. Covered approx 45k miles in four years & always really loved the motor.

Downside I suppose was having to spend nearly 4k on repairs (brakes, tyres & servicing excluded) over time & the last straw was when it developed a fuel leak, which the dealership diagnosed but couldn't trace.

I'd certainly return to Volvo ownership, but if buying used again, select one that had considerably less miles on the clock.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 18:35   #555
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

In age order, currently 303k, 184k, 153k, and 61k, and all driving well.

I keep telling myself I won't buy another car now I'm retired, but who am I kidding? It'll be a Volvo. Did they make a V90 T8? If so, yes please.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 14:05   #556
The Thong
VOC Member

Yes….. Currently between Volvo’s while these prices are unrealistic. I’m currently in a Subaru which is quite a good motor just not very well stitched together. Lots of great ideas and functions but no flow unlike Volvo. Let’s see what the future brings

TT
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 16:24   #557
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
Yes….. Currently between Volvo’s while these prices are unrealistic. I’m currently in a Subaru which is quite a good motor just not very well stitched together. Lots of great ideas and functions but no flow unlike Volvo. Let’s see what the future brings

TT
I've always thought of Volvo and Subaru as being similar in their no-nonsense, well-engineered approach, without having to shout about it.

I guess it depends on your perspective and which models you are comparing, as Volvo have rapidly moved up market, and Subaru (let's be honest) have pretty much disintegrated as a brand in the UK (Not the USA!).

My classic Impreza is still fantastic in lots of ways, and I had a good think about the XV e-Boxer before getting a mk1.5 V60 hybrid. If the XV had anything more than a token hybrid, I might have gone Subarus way.
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ulrikas PA For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 22:37   #558
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
I've always thought of Volvo and Subaru as being similar in their no-nonsense, well-engineered approach, without having to shout about it.

I guess it depends on your perspective and which models you are comparing, as Volvo have rapidly moved up market, and Subaru (let's be honest) have pretty much disintegrated as a brand in the UK (Not the USA!).

My classic Impreza is still fantastic in lots of ways, and I had a good think about the XV e-Boxer before getting a mk1.5 V60 hybrid. If the XV had anything more than a token hybrid, I might have gone Subarus way.
I have a Levorg which is a well kitted out car. It lacks finesse, all the elements are there but it’s missing that joined up-ness that European cars do so well. Subaru have bought someone in to try and address this apparently. I looked at the XV but the small boot put me off to be honest.
What put me off buying an over priced Volvo was how the dealers we’re getting slapdash with the presentation for the money they were charging. I’m keeping a watchful eye on Volvo for the future.
On that though, I viewed their new full fat electric motor that coming out soon and its getting there, they’ve heading in the right direction.

TT
Old Jul 29th, 2022, 12:21   #559
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

I stretched for mine and I realised how much of a stretch soon after but having fell for the old bums in seats thing I still didn't regret it, whether I'll have another depends on the market shaking itself down and getting back to normal, would I splash what I did again on one? no! but will I buy another late model car? not right now and maybe never as my mind has switched back to what it really is, a means to get from A to B and the beater I've just laid 2 large on will do me until I can fully see where motoring is going be it electric, hybrid or the return of the disgraced ICE.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2022, 12:33   #560
Chrisv60

I would have another Volvo but only if someone else was paying such as a company car, I wouldn't buy one with my own money.

My V60 was supremely comfortable, good to drive, reasonably practical and good fuel economy combined with good performance. But just too many expensive things went wrong with it.

In the first 3 years I had endless recalls for EGRs, coolers, seatbelts, wiring harness and other bits I can't remember. Within 5 years it had an additional £10,000 worth of goodwill work including replacement engine and clutch. Fair play to Volvo but these things shouldn't be going wrong in the first place.

When I got rid of it at 7 years, the alarm had failed, the door locks were failing one by one, the air con compressor sounded like a jet engine and it had a bad stutter which I suspect is related to the egr/cooler/emap pipe again. No local indys doesn't help.

My new car, a BMW, doesn't really measure up but it's so nice to have confidence in a car again.