Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seriously?

Views : 937916

Replies : 6627

Users Viewing This Thread : Laird Scooby, Othen

Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 16:42   #5641
Moomoo
VOC Member

Aye Steve, I think it can.

I’m precious enough with Baby. The Lord only knows what I’d be like with that one!😟
Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 16:45   #5642
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
Aye Steve, I think it can.

I’m precious enough with Baby. The Lord only knows what I’d be like with that one!😟
Agree, it would make choosing a suitable ‘safe’ car park space quite a lengthy affair😀

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 4th, 2023, 18:43   #5643
lightyears
Master Member

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1643035

Volvo 850 T5 Turbo 'L94" 1994
Volvo 740 GLE 1990
lightyears is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightyears For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2023, 15:41   #5644
Steve 940
Premier Member

New Volvo Driver mag from VOC dropped through letterbox this afternoon, and 145 in the For Sale section, 33k perfect interior, £8750-£8950

Oh the excitement, couldn't grab my phone quick enough, aaaannnnd its the big indicator model.

Hey ho, :-((

Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 5th, 2023, 15:54   #5645
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
New Volvo Driver mag from VOC dropped through letterbox this afternoon, and 145 in the For Sale section, 33k perfect interior, £8750-£8950

Oh the excitement, couldn't grab my phone quick enough, aaaannnnd its the big indicator model.

Hey ho, :-((

Cheers
Steve
It's not this one is it Steve?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155807577243

Just wondering if perhaps the seller has hedged their bets on the sale and advertised in multiple places..............

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2023, 16:24   #5646
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post

Just wondering if perhaps the seller has hedged their bets on the sale and advertised in multiple places..............
Hi Dave,

No, Andrew was teasing me with that one earlier this week, no this on the face of it sounds like a peach, listed in the back of VOC member magazine, limited info such as year. Hunch was it was probably owned by someone not 'online', hence I was dizzy with excitement and couldn't dial quick enough.

On speaking, sounds as though its exactly that, Ocean Blue, 33k miles, perfect interior, never welded, only problem its of course the later big indicator '73 model. Anyone not so picky about the model year, then its probably well worth the money.

Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 5th, 2023, 16:32   #5647
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post

Steve,
This is what the rust bucket you eventually buy will look like once you have spent 20grand restoring it. I believe the original concept was to restore a car to good order, not buy one off the shelf to park in the new garage. How is the garage build coming along btw?
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2023, 16:55   #5648
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Steve,
This is what the rust bucket you eventually buy will look like once you have spent 20grand restoring it. I believe the original concept was to restore a car to good order, not buy one off the shelf to park in the new garage. How is the garage build coming along btw?
Well as the 145 seems to be so rarely on the market, if that £20k one had not been up in Scotland, Id've been tempted.

Garage project has progressed, albeit slowly, better half has spoken (shouted) and my 'toy' project has had strict criteria added. I.E - before I can start that, I've got to repaint the whole house and windows outside, and put in new pair of french doors and new back door.

As us chaps do, when we are challenged by the better half, we see if we can turn this to our advantage, so after being quoted £29k for changing all windows/doors/roofline trims to UPVC, I proposed that I'd do them, but the 'saving' could then be spent on classics. Genius.

So as we stand, scaffolding is up and should finish house stuff before end October/

Old garage empty, with all the stuff now in a gazebo bolted down on the patio.

Old oil tank needed relocating as in new extension footprint, as it was 25 yr old plastic single skin I replaced with a new steel one with 3 full extra coats of tank paint applied, so that's done, along with drain runs for the new extended garage. Power supply house to garage, new duct laid and 25mm tails ready to power new board.

Cheers
Steve
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 5th, 2023, 18:13   #5649
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
Well as the 145 seems to be so rarely on the market, if that £20k one had not been up in Scotland, Id've been tempted.

Garage project has progressed, albeit slowly, better half has spoken (shouted) and my 'toy' project has had strict criteria added. I.E - before I can start that, I've got to repaint the whole house and windows outside, and put in new pair of french doors and new back door.

As us chaps do, when we are challenged by the better half, we see if we can turn this to our advantage, so after being quoted £29k for changing all windows/doors/roofline trims to UPVC, I proposed that I'd do them, but the 'saving' could then be spent on classics. Genius.

So as we stand, scaffolding is up and should finish house stuff before end October/

Old garage empty, with all the stuff now in a gazebo bolted down on the patio.

Old oil tank needed relocating as in new extension footprint, as it was 25 yr old plastic single skin I replaced with a new steel one with 3 full extra coats of tank paint applied, so that's done, along with drain runs for the new extended garage. Power supply house to garage, new duct laid and 25mm tails ready to power new board.

Cheers
Steve
Wow, a lot of work going on there.

Yes, I appreciate the difficulty in finding just the right car to restore. Having bought scrappers and restored to concours and also old immaculate examples with provenance that just needed routine maintenance to keep them.in good fettle; there is a major difference in the mindset needed. Both from the purchasing point of view and the subsequent restoration project. I wish you well in whatever route you take.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 11th, 2023, 09:50   #5650
Moomoo
VOC Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295980920...temCondition=4

Is it me or does this look a bit too good to break?🧐

Although I fear it’s too late.

Last edited by Moomoo; Oct 11th, 2023 at 11:19.
Moomoo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post: