Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Diesel Particulate Filter DPF

Views : 35034

Replies : 75

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 13th, 2011, 21:29   #51
Gazdok
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Has it got a particle filter? Unlikely as this option seems to be taken less and less now .
Clan

Are you saying that it was and still is an optional extra to have a DPF?

Is it possible to have mine removed?
Gazdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 21:46   #52
Clan
Experienced Member

No you cant have it removed , there is a fairly complicated strategy for regeneration , the pressure and temperature is always being monitored as is the engine oil level , you wont get anywhere if you take it off .
The 2.0 D went about a year ago so no more options , you get a Particle filter now which doesnt need ELOYS additive or replacing ..
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 14:47   #53
roland2937

I have a 2.0 D C30 which my dealer tells me the DPF uses the ELOYS additive. This seems to be supported by having a "5" in the relevant place of the chassis no. as described in other threads. However, I don't seem to be able to see a reservoir for the fluid when looking under the bonnet. Can someone tell me where to find it please so I can be certain it uses ELOYS.
roland2937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 15:00   #54
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland2937 View Post
I have a 2.0 D C30 which my dealer tells me the DPF uses the ELOYS additive. This seems to be supported by having a "5" in the relevant place of the chassis no. as described in other threads. However, I don't seem to be able to see a reservoir for the fluid when looking under the bonnet. Can someone tell me where to find it please so I can be certain it uses ELOYS.
It is in the centre of the rear axle beam , between the two transverse members , a small black plastic tank .
Old Apr 1st, 2012, 16:06   #55
roland2937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It is in the centre of the rear axle beam , between the two transverse members , a small black plastic tank .
Thanks Clan, I don't think I would have found it otherwise. It seems pretty well hidden.
roland2937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 13:54   #56
drewsha

Default Dpf

I am looking to buy a 1.6DRIVe V50/S40. After reading a few threads on DPF I am beginning to panic.
Should I buy low mileage older diesel or go for the newer diesels. Please advice.
drewsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 15:27   #57
GTAMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by br1anuk View Post
I was talking to a Volkswagen salesman today about replacing our V70.

I was giving him the old "it will only do 25mpg around town" and the DPF warning lights coming on every 2 weeks bit when he told me that his new boss in the sales department used to work for Volvo......

Allegedly according to him, their sales people are to under no circumstances discuss the DPF with any prospective customers unless prompted as it is well known that the cars fitted with this device are not suitable for frequent short journeys.

He then whipped round and pulled a Volkswagen leaflet off the display telling people all about how the DPF works so that if they buy a VW with it fitted they can't moan about all the hassle it causes afterwards.

Something to think about if your about to order any new car with a DPF fitted.

Brian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XAXr_cqDVw
GTAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 15:29   #58
GTAMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazdok View Post
Clan

Are you saying that it was and still is an optional extra to have a DPF?

Is it possible to have mine removed?
Volvo V50 2004 "engine system service required" on dash, reappears 10s after deleted, hold trip reset 20 sec and "019" appears, anyone know what this means???

yes have fix for same see these videos UPDATED DUE TO MUSIC ON YOU TUBE BEEN COPYRIGHT PROTECTED RE SUBMITTED NEW LINKS

very informative material was found here on a fix i believe it can also be used on Peugeot ford etc etc with some variations to parameters but basically the same procedure.

DPF FIX PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XAXr_cqDVw

DPF FIX PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XAXr_cqDVw
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 15:33   #59
GTAMAX

Quote:
A generic fluid can be purchased at DINBRO and other automotive outlets if you plan paying for it every 6-12 months overtime you open the fuel flap a metered does is added from the box on rear axel subframe whether its £5 or £60 the does is the same so it can run out quick if you top up regular.

alternately rip the whole DPF out if you plan keeping the car
Volvo V50 2004 "engine system service required" on dash, reappears 10s after deleted, hold trip reset 20 sec and "019" appears, anyone know what this means???

yes have fix for same see these videos UPDATED DUE TO MUSIC ON YOU TUBE BEEN COPYRIGHT PROTECTED RE SUBMITTED NEW LINKS

very informative material was found here on a fix i believe it can also be used on Peugeot ford etc etc with some variations to parameters but basically the same procedure.

DPF FIX PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XAXr_cqDVw

Old Sep 24th, 2013, 15:39   #60
GTAMAX

Quote:
its not easy to top up either i used a large syringe to get fluid into tank with small hose this allowed me to get it all into tank without spilling a drop its expensive stuff!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-PLAS...item46137112ee