Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Southern BKV 2010

Views : 7114

Replies : 57

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 19th, 2010, 00:31   #51
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by frobes2 View Post
Doorman did you see page 4 as I posted some pictures, two of yours... lol

Scott..
Yes Scott, I gave you a Thanks, very good pics, you never did get that elusive one you were after LOL
Old May 19th, 2010, 01:54   #52
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

I love those 1800s and I particularly like the 'eyelids' on the red one.

Thanks for taking the time to post all of these.
OldBlueVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:40   #53
frobes2
Volvo Mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Yes Scott, I gave you a Thanks, very good pics, you never did get that elusive one you were after LOL
I know, but as soon as the rain came down I just had to get out of there as I had a long journey back, the other half fell asleep before we were out of Sherborne so I was able to make good time, lol, and also averaged 29.9mpg for the round trip and on one tank of fuel, my car ran beautifully there and back, good to see you again and look forward to the next..

Scott..

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=85374
frobes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frobes2 For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:39   #54
tdz840
VOC Member

I just posted this into the 120 forum but feel it should be in here if just to record my thanks to the organisers. I thought they had organised a really good day!

Really good pics, you obviously know your stuff when it comes to taking pics.
I have the green 1800 at the event and I wish I could take a picture as half as good as this.
On another note what a great day! Everyone was so friendly and I almost feel ashamed to say that this was the first VOC event I have done in 5 years ownership.

In fact I think the organisers did a great job - a very big THANKS from me!!

Lovely setting, good collection of interesting cars and really nice people. Plan to go to a few more subject to the diary.
I loved the Amazon that won Best in Show. Lots of work obviously went into making that car as special as it was. Well deserved I say and the two guys involved were great blokes as well!
Another favourite was the two 145 estates especially the blue one as I know the guy uses this regulary and yet it is in immaculate condition.
Thanks again to everyone
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 18:29   #55
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

Default BKV Pictures (in brief)

A couple of people have asked me to post my photos in the main meet section.

I travelled down in my 121 from South Manchester and I did not beat the Braces for 'distance travelled'.
The weather was so bad that I only took a few photos:

Paul & Audrey seemed happy with how KYO looks now, and it was good to see Dai and 222S again. I might do the main BKV later on this year, as it's far closer to where I live. The Northern meet is a no brainer - about a 30 minute trip up the motorway.

I had a tax disc holder made up like this roundel, although I suspect this one's original.....

Very nice 1800S. Was the cabriolet next to it a Radford or a Volvoville?

164 was MINT. Paul [Till] said he watched the owner seriously go to town on it whilst on crutches!

Good Life spec 145 Estate, again in stunning condition.

I have a serious hankering for a 480 Turbo (although this one is an ES). I got very close to buying one off Retro Rides but it was scooped up by someone from the 480 Europe OC seconds before I could get in there.

Parts!

One photo I regret not taking was when we were away from the show, and in Sherborne itself. 222S, Mrs. 222S and myself shuffled off to a pub to catch up and parked up next to each other in the main car park as the rain pelted down. A together shot would have been epic, a bit like a poor film noir.
Have a 'together' shot from Retro Rides '07 instead:

Old May 20th, 2010, 00:07   #56
AndysR
VOC Member

Nice shots and looks like a good turn out, shame about the weather though
Old May 20th, 2010, 19:47   #57
Jim S70R
Volvo S70R driver

Good turn out and some really lovely looking cars
Old May 20th, 2010, 20:40   #58
nigel335
Director/ Register Keeper

Default Re Southern BKV

John and I are looking at timing and location of the Southern BKV. We understand Doorman's point that if we move to September there will be a 16 month gap between Southern BKV's. Several people suggested on Sunday moving to September in the hope for better weather. Some have suggested later in May or even jointly with Swedish Day at The Haines museum.
The trouble with moving later in May means it is very close to the National from a personal point although relatively minor I could struggle getting the 2 weekends to do both so close together. To run with Swedish day we would need to discuss with other board members their thoughts and with Saab owners club. The other issue would be it could mean returning to Haines annually. Whereas we try to move it around different area to make it as open to as many as possible to attend. Please be assured John and I are giving our best thought. In the event that we did move to latere in the year we could always arrange to attend Swedish day. It is well advertised and we do get invited.
Hope this clarifies the situation as it stands. As and end thanks to all for the posiitve remarks re this years Southern BKV. This was the third event since being re-instated in 2008 after an absence of a considerable number of years The success show that it is well worth arranging and it will continue.

Nigel Ayling
nigel335 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nigel335 For This Useful Post: