Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1994 Wentworth Auto Estate

Views : 5206

Replies : 68

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2011, 08:10   #51
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut View Post

13 weeks watching someone slowing die, and get to a point where they can do nothing for themselves, and after they pass away, it doesn't end there, it pulls a family to pieces with stress and depression, nearly 3 years later and my family are still struggling to cope
Been there and done that with my brother who died of throat cancer.

Caution! any reply may contain traces of nuts!
Old Apr 14th, 2011, 09:46   #52
bogart
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut View Post
Minty, people don't understand what people go through with this disease until you go though it with someone close to you, I know I didn't

13 weeks watching someone slowing die, and get to a point where they can do nothing for themselves, and after they pass away, it doesn't end there, it pulls a family to pieces with stress and depression, nearly 3 years later and my family are still struggling to cope

All I can say is, I hope Mr Bogart will never have to go through what some of us other forum members have, and can remain totally ignorant to the whole thing, you wouldn't wish it on anyone.....
In fact for all you lot and your comments I've been there also!!! So don't start preaching to me about it. It is extremely unfortunate what happened to the guy but from the outset I told him I didn't want, or couldn't afford my time wasted. He accepted this by carrying on with the conversation.
Old Apr 14th, 2011, 19:04   #53
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Shocked

I've seen quite a bit of bad behaviour but frankly Bogart you are right at the top of that tree with your comments here.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 14th, 2011, 23:05   #54
bogart
Master Member

Yet another Saint having his hapeth worth.
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 00:53   #55
minesa240x3
loyalty

It's not suprising so many people are commenting on this post as on the whole people on here are friendly understanding and generally nice people.
You Mr Bogart seem to think that the tone of your responce is ok due to the fact you say"I don't want to be messed about"This dose not give you the right to be rude and offensive be it aimed at one member or the majority.

OK your not happy but a little understanding wouldn't have been to much to ask.
As long as your attitude is.Get lost your all morons etc then it will only continue to alienate you against people.

And as for being a mechanic?No I'm not but I have been mending cars for an awful long time.I have a very good understanding of internal combustion engines and anyone with any idea of how the lubricating system works and how the cooling system works will know that"Turning the heater on will and cannot make the rear crankseal leak,Or any other part of the system leak oil.

I happen to think I help an awful lot of people mend there vehicles.
I do this as I like to help people out.

I would suggest you read the rules of this forum again before responding as with the weather being warmer just lately the "ice" is getting thinner by the minute.

I look forward to your responce.

There has been 1330 vues of this post and you still haven't managed to sell your car???
And not one person has come on here to congratulate you on the way you have responded thus far.

Brian.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Apr 15th, 2011 at 00:55.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 04:51   #56
s.hammond
VOC Member

i love these sellers that state no TIMEWASTERS erm there has to be some sort of timewasting to make a sale, it's almost like you don't want to sell a car

and yes i'm having my two pennyworth's because i think your disgusting, if you've been through something like this you would of been more sympathetic but instead you became pathetic! and you still keep coming back like your in the right!

the guy was clearly going to buy your piece of sht but his circumstances changed which can happen to the best of us..............lucky escape for him!

i too watched my auntie and my wife's granddad die a slow death of this horrific disease

so grow up and apologize to captain pugwash for being rude and arrogant
00 Peugeot 306 1.4i LX

Last edited by s.hammond; Apr 15th, 2011 at 04:53.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s.hammond For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 09:42   #57
bogart
Master Member

I'll give up reading any more responces! on here as it's now getting boring and so mundane!!!
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 11:09   #58
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Can I suggest the mods either lock, or delete all or some of this thread before it goes any furthur ?
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 12:05   #59
emmdee
Premier Member

There we are, then!
m.d.
The Following User Says Thank You to emmdee For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 20:11   #60
minesa240x3
loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
I'll give up reading any more responces! on here as it's now getting boring and so mundane!!!
Predictable responce.
Why read them in the first place?Surely you weren't expecting to get any praise for the way you have responded thus far?

Your obviously used to such comments as you are clearly bored by it.
How you have remained a member of this forum for so long I cannot imagine.

No regards Brian.
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread