Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat.

Views : 18334

Replies : 138

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 16th, 2010, 14:20   #51
the masked avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjit7 View Post
Expecting delivery of my (Magic Blue) XC90 on 20th - does anyone have a dog guard fitted and if so which one/what is the recommendation? Also side steps or not...?
re the dog guard, car should come with something that may be up to the job depends on the weight/strength of the dog
the masked avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 14:32   #52
drpepper

Well I've just collected mine and it's filthy already, lol

Lots for me to learn i think, like AWD only kicks in when needed and isn't there all the time (front wheels spinning from every junction in the wet!).

Goes well and corners none too badly either.....few things puzzling me so it'll be head in the manual and I will start another thread and try to refind some of the stuff I have seen on here.....

Still waiting on the new interior trim as they can't get the radio surround, I do have a signed letter from the dealer stating they will swap it at their expense as soon as the black Walnut or Brushed Ali becomes available so I'm happy with that for now.....
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 16:12   #53
XCF
Master Member

Car is permanent 4 wheel drive when pulling away (think Clan confirmed this changed from MY 07) . If your wheels are spinning then something doesn't seem right.
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 19:52   #54
drpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCF View Post
Car is permanent 4 wheel drive when pulling away (think Clan confirmed this changed from MY 07) . If your wheels are spinning then something doesn't seem right.
Hmm that could be a worry, definitely getting wheel spin, assumed it was just the fronts turning and delivering power, suppose it could be down to brand new tyres on wet slippy roads, I'll see how I go tomorrow. It's got to go back in next week for FPC fitment anyway so if still concerns will get it checked then, thanks.
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 11:26   #55
moncman

Mines in!!

PDI this afternoon and collect in the morning
moncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 11:50   #56
FarringdonEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncman View Post
Mines in!!

PDI this afternoon and collect in the morning
Damn you.... Mine's not

Congrats - hope you enjoy it... pics please!!
FarringdonEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 12:32   #57
tahirs

Mine's turning up this afternoon, dealer hasn't got anyone to deliver it next week so I'll be trekking up to Grantham on Thursday morning to collect. Should be fun if the weather stays like this
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 22:49   #58
wardpsych

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahirs View Post
Mine's turning up this afternoon, dealer hasn't got anyone to deliver it next week so I'll be trekking up to Grantham on Thursday morning to collect. Should be fun if the weather stays like this
Also waiting on mine from Marshalls in Grantham, due 20th told may not have before Christmas, when was yours due tahirs?
wardpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 22:55   #59
262coupe

Default MPG update

Just driven to Brighton and back a round trip of about 130 miles, drove steadily about 65 all the way back 28.2 MPG. It still feels good though and nice and gutsy out of corners. I`d even go so far as to say low down it might even be slightly better to drive than the V8 ....... I did say low down though ;-)
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 17:16   #60
FarringdonEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardpsych View Post
Also waiting on mine from Marshalls in Grantham, due 20th told may not have before Christmas, when was yours due tahirs?
Looks like mine also might not appear before Xmas - considering I ordered it on the first day the spec changed (totally by coincidence, admittedly), then mine does seem to be taking an inordinate time to arrive compared to some lucky others...
FarringdonEd is offline   Reply With Quote