Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking 240 torslanda 1990

Views : 13108

Replies : 124

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 09:47   #61
Cardiff240

Hi there, I am after the jacking point that the aerial pole screws onto and the lead itself down to the point where it unplugs by the spare wheel. This lead goes up the rear pillar. I have the aerial itself but need these parts to finally fix the radio! - I have included a picture to show you. Would £15 be ok?

Thanks, Jake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image082.jpg (333.4 KB, 5 views)
Cardiff240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 12:38   #62
faithful tank

hi jake, yes i have that ready to go so if you pm me your address ill try and get it sent today. my paypal email is madkingcrumb@tiscali.co.uk many thanks steve.
faithful tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 12:48   #63
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

Hi Steve
Have you had a couple of mails from me to your Tiscali address?

Derek
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 13:10   #64
Cardiff240

Default 240 aerial connection and lead.

Hi there, money sent across and i've e-mailed you my address - I sent it to your Tiscali account. I can't send PM''s as I haven't posted 30 times!

Thanks, Jake.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 16:20   #65
faithful tank

hi jake, many thanks for payment. item is in the post 1st class (signed for) so should be with you very soon. thanks again-if there is any thing else you need just let me know. steve.
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 16:22   #66
faithful tank

to Derek- hi mate. i emailed you a little while ago, let me know if it didn't come through. steve.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 13:50   #67
Cardiff240

Default 240 aerial

Hi there, package arrived today - thanks for the fast dispatch! There is a piece of the puzzle missing though, I can't seem to attach my aerial to it. It is a genuine 240 aerial! There is a thread inside my aerial that looks like it will screw down onto something that fits inside the silver mounting. Do you have that part at all?

Sorry to be a pain, Jake.
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 21:24   #68
faithful tank

hi jake, my apologies- i'm afraid i see what i've done. i have come across the part you need but i am afraid it is broken (the thread has sheared off). i assumed this was part of the actual antenna as it pushes in from underneath and then screws to the antenna. however- there must be a revised item now. i just so happened to have a new genuine antenna assembly waiting for when/if i needed it. on inspecting this new part there is a difference as that lower connection screws in as opposed to pushes in. and so does the one on my car. so i have fitted the new item to my car and so now have my old one (with screw thread for aerial) available. (there is a very slight kink/bend in the shaft but i cant tell whether this meant to be or not as it is in the correct direction and there are subtle differences in all three mounts. it looks as though a small rubber boot or something should be present to cover the gap between the base of the antenna and the base of the shaft but this is not present on my old one nor the brand new one so i assume this comes with the antenna.
so the choices are; i will of course refund you.
or send you another 2nd hand complete aerial mount that has come directly from my car (so i know its all there). i'll also put in the old broken bit so you can see what i'm going on about. free of charge of course.
sorry again, hope this is satisfactory. many thanks, steve.
The Following User Says Thank You to faithful tank For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 09:36   #69
Cardiff240

Steve the second option; posting the bits and bobs across sounds perfect - I'll then assemble it using the various parts I have available. I really don't mind paying for the postage though - let me know how much it comes to and i'll send it across to you.

Thanks so much for your help with all this, once again i'll let you know when it arrives in Cardiff.

Cheers, Jake.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 12:39   #70
faithful tank

hi jake, ill get the bits in the post today. postage was only a couple of quid mate but it was my mistake for not making sure you had all the bits you needed, so no worries. thanks again, steve.