Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thanks and goodbye, but not going far

Views : 6475

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2012, 23:01   #61
GaryS40
VOC Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Will do although I don't get over Ayr way that often, if you ever in glasgow I'll happily take you for a spin
Don't do it!!!

He'll be after a T5 after that, LOL!

Gary
Mod's so far: Orpheus alloys, 10.1" android multimedia head unit, Nappa leather rebuilt, wood trimmed m/function steering wheel, Polestar blue and black calipers, Pipe Dynamics custom turbo back stainless steel exhaust, with 200 cell sports cat, R engine and injector rail covers, tinted rear windows.
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
2003 S40 S - Gone but not forgotten. ☹
16 non Volvos.
GaryS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryS40 For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2012, 23:15   #62
Volvo2002
Young Volvo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS40 View Post
Don't do it!!!

He'll be after a T5 after that, LOL!

Gary
lol I'll be on gocompare trying to get insurance

Want a T4 at the least but the insurance companies prices are extreme!

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby"
Volvo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 23:22   #63
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

I found the cost of insuring the T4's to be very good compared to other 'performance' saloons, My first S40 T4 was cheaper to insure than my Almera TDDi I hed before it, and the V40 T4 was cheaper to insure than the Maverick I had before it. To be honest the insurance on the T5 is pretty good too Sub £500 for what is a very fast car!!!
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 00:30   #64
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Well after much debating I decided that the white wheels just didn't suit the car so I purchased a second hand set of OEM wheels of egay...

I won them at a very good price so as I had a bit of cash left over I decided to have them powder coated, have to say chameleon in paisley did a first class job at an unbeleivable price....

the results....

[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 10:53   #65
rossmc88

looking much better!
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 12:57   #66
GaryS40
VOC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well after much debating I decided that the white wheels just didn't suit the car so I purchased a second hand set of OEM wheels of egay...

I won them at a very good price so as I had a bit of cash left over I decided to have them powder coated, have to say chameleon in paisley did a first class job at an unbeleivable price....

the results....

[/QUOTE]

They look fookin' awesome, mate.

Soooo much better than the white ones.

The car oozes class now, instead of saying "I'm a ned, race me".

The finish on the wheels is amazing - what did Chameleon charge for the work?

Gary
Mod's so far: Orpheus alloys, 10.1" android multimedia head unit, Nappa leather rebuilt, wood trimmed m/function steering wheel, Polestar blue and black calipers, Pipe Dynamics custom turbo back stainless steel exhaust, with 200 cell sports cat, R engine and injector rail covers, tinted rear windows.
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
16 non Volvos.
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 14:50   #67
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Thanks for the comments they definately suit the car better, chameleon was unbeleivably cheap £160 for a3-5 day service, I just left the wheels with them, they remove tyres, stripped, repaired, and then powder coated them, refitted tyres and re balanced the wheels. I was lucky had negotiated with a place in east kilbride a price of £240, they came down from £350, then the night before T5_monkey told me about chameleon as he'd used them, so I went to them instead, you can pick virtually any colour, I was lucky they had a just finished a set in titanium and I saw them and that was decision made. They can also offer a same day service if you leave the car it was either £200 or £220 can't remember, but it is a very good job they look brand new I'm well chuffed especially at £160!!
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 17:34   #68
GaryS40
VOC Member

Talking

Quote:
Thanks for the comments they definately suit the car better, chameleon was unbeleivably cheap £160 for a3-5 day service, I just left the wheels with them, they remove tyres, stripped, repaired, and then powder coated them, refitted tyres and re balanced the wheels. I was lucky had negotiated with a place in east kilbride a price of £240, they came down from £350, then the night before T5_monkey told me about chameleon as he'd used them, so I went to them instead, you can pick virtually any colour, I was lucky they had a just finished a set in titanium and I saw them and that was decision made. They can also offer a same day service if you leave the car it was either £200 or £220 can't remember, but it is a very good job they look brand new I'm well chuffed especially at £160!!
Rightly so mate, they look brand spankin'!

Thank god for T5_monkey, eh?

That saved you at least a tank of fuel, in any case.

Gary
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
16 non Volvos.
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 19:32   #69
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Wheels look great!

There's a detailing day on FSTOC in cambuslang on Sunday - fancy it ?

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 21:42   #70
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Just a little update, the top of my back bumper was wrecked, previous owner must have been very bad at loading the boot, scrapes and scratches everywhere, so I tried to source a bumper protector (girlfriend has one on her C30) from volvo, but after 10 mins on the phone with Rufe found out they didn't do one, so I got an RGM one from demon tweeks via ebay, and have to say quite impressed with the quality and fit looks almost standard (apologises for messy but and unclean car)...

Oh and thanks to some unexpected overtime I got a private plate..

I ideally wanted T5 or S40 and my initials DPW but couldn't get them so settled on this & only £255 including transfer fee :-)