Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC60 Preview

Views : 20812

Replies : 267

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 19th, 2017, 12:58   #61
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
Not sure if you've covered this, but what is wrong with the your 2015 XC60 that you feel and urgent need to upgrade right now? Give it 6-12 months and see how things look then?
I have to say absolutely nothing, apart from the need for a couple of new tyres, this is my trouble, once I start looking I will probably follow it through.
Thats the advantage of my Peugeot 407 coupe, it is almost irreplaceable, it really is quite rare with its V6 3ltr diesel engine and only 22k on the clock. So I don't even think about replacement for it.
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 13:02   #62
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I have to say absolutely nothing, apart from the need for a couple of new tyres, this is my trouble, once I start looking I will probably follow it through.
Thats the advantage of my Peugeot 407 coupe, it is almost irreplaceable, it really is quite rare with its V6 3ltr diesel engine and only 22k on the clock. So I don't even think about replacement for it.
Ok, being devil's advocate.....and don't take this personally (!!), but you're almost forcing yourself into a bad decision - you move from an XC60 you currently have & like, and then forcing yourself to compromise into a Kodiaq or Tiguan that isn't as nice as your existing XC60 just for the sake of having a new car

Correct?
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 13:17   #63
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
Ok, being devil's advocate.....and don't take this personally (!!), but you're almost forcing yourself into a bad decision - you move from an XC60 you currently have & like, and then forcing yourself to compromise into a Kodiaq or Tiguan that isn't as nice as your existing XC60 just for the sake of having a new car

Correct?
To be fair I don't really think the Skoda or VW will hit the mark, if I'm honest I'm sold on the XC60.
But it will still depend on the test drive, I have now arranged a test drive of a T5 V40 to follow the XC60, just to evaluate the different engines, not interested in the car,
Who knows if I don't like the new XC60 I may well keep my existing one, in which case I hope you don't all feel that I've wasted time. I'm sure you won't.
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 13:23   #64
Bendolfc
Premier Member

The other option is if you are happy with the current car, wait 12 months, the launch pricing isn't sustainable as it is pretty much at the level of the XC90.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 13:49   #65
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
This is the reason I want the smaller wheels, but it does look as though I will be stuck with the 19" diamond cut because of the spec I would want.I suppose I could buy an additional set of 18" wheels but the brake discs on the Inscription are huge so not sure that would work,
Just to add to an earlier comment about specifications available on the brand new model. They may offer a little more flexibility when the range settles down in 2018. It's interesting, specifically on the wheels, how the option to down-size to 18" wheels may not be available. It was certainly no problem for me to downsize to 17" on my 2015 SE Lux - although I note this 'option' disappeared in the final old model price list.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 14:36   #66
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Just to add to an earlier comment about specifications available on the brand new model. They may offer a little more flexibility when the range settles down in 2018. It's interesting, specifically on the wheels, how the option to down-size to 18" wheels may not be available. It was certainly no problem for me to downsize to 17" on my 2015 SE Lux - although I note this 'option' disappeared in the final old model price list.
Yep, this was one of the options that is currently not available on the new full hormone version which I felt was missing and will reappear in the next update for 2018.
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 14:42   #67
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
As I'm sure you are probably aware that the the 18" are only available on the Momentum, they can even be had with the air suspension on this trim level, but the D5 is not available with Momentum trim .
If I was to go T5 petrol instead of D5 this would then open up a lot more options to me, plus would save around 3k compared to the D5, (alot of petrol) but who generally wants to run a awd petrol vehicle?
I still think diesel for this type of vehicle is most owners choice and will be for some considerable time.
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 16:12   #68
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
If I was to go T5 petrol instead of D5 this would then open up a lot more options to me, plus would save around 3k compared to the D5, (alot of petrol) but who generally wants to run a awd petrol vehicle?
I still think diesel for this type of vehicle is most owners choice and will be for some considerable time.
Why?
If you go to the rest of the world it's the converse, no-one wants an AWD diesel!
It's just that the UK has been conditioned over the last decade to think AWD = Diesel helped by Gordon Brown's tax breaks to make us want to switch from Petrol to Diesel.
Those days are over now and Volvo UK have partially woken up to the fact hence the introduction of various Tx engines into the model ranges that have been available to the rest of the world for ages.
When you try the T5 engine in the V40 tomorrow, forget your preconceptions and previous life driving mega 10 litre diesel engined HGV's - I think as a fellow XC60 owner who likes to use our right foot for what it's there for you will be pleasant surprised.
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 16:35   #69
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Why?
If you go to the rest of the world it's the converse, no-one wants an AWD diesel!
It's just that the UK has been conditioned over the last decade to think AWD = Diesel helped by Gordon Brown's tax breaks to make us want to switch from Petrol to Diesel.
Those days are over now and Volvo UK have partially woken up to the fact hence the introduction of various Tx engines into the model ranges that have been available to the rest of the world for ages.
When you try the T5 engine in the V40 tomorrow, forget your preconceptions and previous life driving mega 10 litre diesel engined HGV's - I think as a fellow XC60 owner who likes to use our right foot for what it's there for you will be pleasant surprised.
The last time I had a loan car it was a T3 V40 and I have to say I was impressed by the torque of the engine. It was the 1st time I had driven a modern turbo charged petrol engine. Without that loan car I probably would not even had considered a petrol. I'm really expecting great things from the T5, hoping l'm not disappointed. I will try to keep an open mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 20:34   #70
StewartM

UK Dealer Cecil and Larter have posted a wee video on Youtube. They state their launch event is on 13th July, though invitation only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh0ZwE3w74k
StewartM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StewartM For This Useful Post: