Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Nav Maps are here

Views : 23823

Replies : 128

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 26th, 2012, 17:47   #61
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac009 View Post
Have now completed the upload, and it took over 6 hours. Has anyone else discovered that Disk 4 is actually disk 3?!!!! And, of course, disk 3 needs to be the fourth disk inserted!! Amazingly, after all that, the system actually worked..... well, nearly: I'm hoping that the message saying 'Upload complete, eject disk' even though the disk has already been ejected, doesn't appear again, as it did half-way through this pm's journey ........
Still, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at Navteq's/Volvo's incompetence; after all, the actual dreary display colours bear no resemblance to those shown and described in the handbook (XC60, purchased 03/2011); I love my Volvo XC60, but I won't buy another unless Volvo dump Navteq and opt for a system which is at least half as good as a Tom-Tom. Volvo: go kick some Navteq butt!
Navteq is OK, used by nearly every major manufacturer, all things are possible as Audi demonstrate (Navteq )

jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbg For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 20:51   #62
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Navteq is OK, used by nearly every major manufacturer, all things are possible as Audi demonstrate (Navteq )
I completely agree that the Volvo implementation is rather agricultural when compared to what other marques provide.

A long time ago in the XC60 forum history (before it split from the XC90 ) there was a post that said Volvo had chosen this simple interface for safety reasons. I can see, to a degree, that point, however it would be nice to have a system that is bit more sexy
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 12:58   #63
GreaseNipple

Default Map Version

Can anyone supply the Map version once the update has been completed. I have a MY12 XC60 and the pre update version is shown in My Car information as V30.10.51. I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting time reloading maps that I already have.
GreaseNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:49   #64
richy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseNipple View Post
Can anyone supply the Map version once the update has been completed. I have a MY12 XC60 and the pre update version is shown in My Car information as V30.10.51. I just want to make sure that I'm not wasting time reloading maps that I already have.
I've got the reverse of this, I've been through the update on my Sensus-based XC60 but didn't check the map version before I did it. I've checked and currently the version shown is V30.11.03. So we have different versions but whether mine is newer I don't know, should be I guess assuming my 5 hour update went ok (which it appeared to do although wasn't entirely convincing after the last disc...). Could do with someone else confirming post-update.

Thanks,
Richard.
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 12:16   #65
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy2 View Post
I've got the reverse of this, I've been through the update on my Sensus-based XC60 but didn't check the map version before I did it. I've checked and currently the version shown is V30.11.03. So we have different versions but whether mine is newer I don't know, should be I guess assuming my 5 hour update went ok (which it appeared to do although wasn't entirely convincing after the last disc...). Could do with someone else confirming post-update.

Thanks,
Richard.
Well yours is newer as it is a "higher" number.
Old May 1st, 2012, 20:21   #66
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:

Thanks,
Richard.
Interesting. Just checked my MY12 Premium which is now about 9 months old and has the original installation of Maps - Shows Software Version: 0093 & Map Version: V30.11.03.
Old May 1st, 2012, 21:25   #67
richy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Interesting. Just checked my MY12 Premium which is now about 9 months old and has the original installation of Maps - Shows Software Version: 0093 & Map Version: V30.11.03.
Yep same software version as well, 9.30.

Don't know, perhaps that's as new as they get. Mine's a MY11.5 and just 12 months old this week, wish I'd checked before the update, I don't know whether I'm convincing myself it didn't update properly, also wish they'd just put the version number on the discs, maybe I'l pop them in the PC DVD drive and see if I can see any version numbers.

Edit: Just popped disk 1 into the PC, most of the files seem to be dated 6th April 2011 so I suspect I've spent 5 hours updating nothing, one of the data files implies v30.11.03 is the correct version number...not sure i'd be best pleased with this map update service if I'd paid for it and got the same version sent to me 12 months later... ah well, at least I didn't sit in the car waiting for the update, a couple of trips to work and it was done.

Last edited by richy2; May 1st, 2012 at 21:33.
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richy2 For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2012, 13:33   #68
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Yep same software version as well, 9.30.

Don't know, perhaps that's as new as they get. Mine's a MY11.5 and just 12 months old this week, wish I'd checked before the update, I don't know whether I'm convincing myself it didn't update properly, also wish they'd just put the version number on the discs, maybe I'l pop them in the PC DVD drive and see if I can see any version numbers.

Edit: Just popped disk 1 into the PC, most of the files seem to be dated 6th April 2011 so I suspect I've spent 5 hours updating nothing, one of the data files implies v30.11.03 is the correct version number...not sure i'd be best pleased with this map update service if I'd paid for it and got the same version sent to me 12 months later... ah well, at least I didn't sit in the car waiting for the update, a couple of trips to work and it was done.
Just checked my September 2011 car and have the following:-

S/W 0997

Map V30.11.03

I guess I can stop wondering if I will receive an update soon. It seems as if I have the latest anyway?

Anyone know if they send the updates on the anniversary of registering with Navteq or are they sent out to all owners when an update is ready?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 16:46   #69
GreaseNipple

Looks like I'll be updating then. S/W 0993 Map Version 30.10.51 I guess if you've been sent a version that you already have then you should be in line for two further updates.
GreaseNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 17:18   #70
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseNipple View Post
Looks like I'll be updating then. S/W 0993 Map Version 30.10.51 I guess if you've been sent a version that you already have then you should be in line for two further updates.
I am going that exact argument with Navteq at the moment as they have twice sent me the same version claiming on each occasion that the delivery constituted the contracted update.

On the last occasion in January they stated that I must have bought the maps second hand from someone and that they had not sent them - even providing their distribution advice note did not convince them that they had sent them. They have even said that my car could not have been sold with the version of maps that were in the car as they wouldn't work! (BTW they did work)

Their latest argument is that as they have issued two updates since my car was produced I am not entitled to anymore. The fact that the 2 updates they sent were the same version does not seem to register with them

I should add here that Volvo Customer Services have been extremely helpful, though they have not yet managed to resolve the issue with Navteq either