Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5 200hp exec...... you guys are in for a treat.

Views : 18372

Replies : 138

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 09:10   #71
FarringdonEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardpsych View Post
Lucky you!
Marshalls told me that delivery is chaotic and that they don't think mine is coming in before Christmas...it will have to come in tomorrow which is unlikely given the backlog. Mine was due 20th december but they claim they have no control over what is delivered first, annoyed me by telling me some cars due in Jan have been delivered but mine hasn't!
Mine is still nowhere to be found and we have collectively given up on a delivery this year. There does appear to be zero visibility for the dealerships and they don't appear to have the influence on prioritising deliveries maybe we would expect.

I have paid for the car in full to sort out the VAT issue and the dealership has (after some pressure) worked hard to provide a suitable loan car for the Christmas period and I am grateful to them for that.

All in all though it hasn't been a pleasant couple of weeks as I had a slew of commitments to get groups of up to 7 all over the country and until today when the loan car is provided I haven't been able to do so.

Last edited by FarringdonEd; Dec 23rd, 2010 at 09:12.
FarringdonEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 13:11   #72
tahirs

Just got back with mine. Wish we'd gone for the coarse flake silver, saville grey's very boring. I was in and out of Marshall's very quickly car to spec, only problem so far is my phone (Samsung Tocco Ultra S8300) keeps disconnecting from the car kit
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 16:57   #73
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahirs View Post
Just got back with mine. Wish we'd gone for the coarse flake silver, saville grey's very boring. I was in and out of Marshall's very quickly car to spec, only problem so far is my phone (Samsung Tocco Ultra S8300) keeps disconnecting from the car kit
I do agree. I feel the saville grey is rather insipid, but wont it be awful if all XC90s were silver?
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 17:06   #74
zeblon

Default it has come.......at last

After two weeks delay we have finaly got our hands on our xc90 exec.

Only driven it about 5 miles so far but looks good. Love the driving position. It has rear heated seats which I was very suprised with. It does not mention this anywhere on the volvo website or litriture.

It was making a whining nose when I took it out breifly this morning. Quite loud. Not sure what it is but will see how it goes over Christmas before I start kicking up a fuss.

Bit disapointed that the TV box cannot pick up any reception.

Must say it is fab on the icy roads.
zeblon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 17:19   #75
moncman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahirs View Post
We had an order in for Oyster Grey, which I still like, but SWMBO thought it was a bit like Marmite (love or hate) so we went for Inscription Electric Silver and very happy we did.
moncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 17:24   #76
TWPC

FarringdonEd,

What a nightmare re. delivery. Sounds like its been a real saga. Have they given you an XC90 as a loaner?

With regards to London dealers, the wife took our car up to the Volvo dealer north of Regents Park for the 3 month check-up and was full of praise. Sounds like it was a much more pleasant experience than dealing with our local VW dealer in the past.

So far the XC90 has proved great in the snow and ice; more secure than the Touran despite the weight.
TWPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 17:25   #77
moncman

By the way we have had our first long run, down to the in-laws near Dover and back. Journey down was mostly 80-85mph with the compulsory crawl along the M25. Car went like a dream but 27.6mpg seemed a little low. Probably just the tight engine. Journey back was slightly slower at 75-80 average. MPG crept up to 29.7 overall.

Only thing of note is a droning noise from the front. Is this becoming a common theme on 200hp cars? To me it's like a dry bearing. I don't think it's a sticking brake although the noise is similar.
moncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 19:15   #78
drpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncman View Post
By the way we have had our first long run, down to the in-laws near Dover and back. Journey down was mostly 80-85mph with the compulsory crawl along the M25. Car went like a dream but 27.6mpg seemed a little low. Probably just the tight engine. Journey back was slightly slower at 75-80 average. MPG crept up to 29.7 overall.

Only thing of note is a droning noise from the front. Is this becoming a common theme on 200hp cars? To me it's like a dry bearing. I don't think it's a sticking brake although the noise is similar.
Seems others are mentioning such a 'characteristic', i thought I had a steering issue or noise coming from front lft but haven't heard it for a couple of days now......be interestign to see what pans out......also Front Park finally added today so just the trim swap now and we'll be finally done....borrowed the service managers S80 D5 Exec and was quite impressed with it to be fair, some nice interior touches.
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 21:51   #79
FarringdonEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWPC View Post
FarringdonEd,

What a nightmare re. delivery. Sounds like its been a real saga. Have they given you an XC90 as a loaner?
Thanks..... Yes they have - because I needed the 6th and 7th seats over the coming weeks. But it took time to persuade them that it was a necessity! However it's parked up now in the drive so all is well... All is now sorted and in reality it will now be better to have a 2011 registered car than the original plan which was a mid-Dec registration.

PS Tahirs glad you got yours. Mine will be Savile Grey - so hope it's not as boring as you say!!

Last edited by FarringdonEd; Dec 23rd, 2010 at 22:23.
FarringdonEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 22:32   #80
262coupe

Zeblon, you say no tv reception. Have you tried getting it to do a full scan for channels. I thought the same until I tried that then bingo 70 channels and it was even working while on the move in some places, but absolute solid everywhere stationary.

As to MPG, today hit the heights of 34mpg albeit only briefly and the average after another 180 miles was 30.8 definately better but still not amazing. It would appear that unlike the V8 (which would comfortably average 27 once on the motorway only dropping to low 20s in the town) the D5 200 doesnt seem to like motorway cruising at speed. Burbling along B-roads at 40-50mph the economy went up to 34 but the journey back on motorways at 70-80 dropped it back to 31 ish. Is this the experience of others?
262coupe is offline   Reply With Quote