Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOC Annual Rally and BKV

Views : 14331

Replies : 110

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2007, 00:39   #71
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi to all.Hope everybody had a really great time.To say I'm depressed about not going is an understatement!!
I hope there are going to be lot's and lot's of pictures to drool over.
The wife and kid's didn't want to travel that far just for the one day,If I had been a voc member then I could have justified the trip by making it a whole weekend away,I woke this morning to be told that my fathers day present wasn't ready?? They decided I should join the VOC for my pressie. So next year I'm in.
Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 09:12   #72
Velorum
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
..............So next year I'm in.
Brian.
All of those Volvos in one place - you know it makes sense!

Last edited by Velorum; Jun 18th, 2007 at 11:01.
Velorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 10:15   #73
strider

Just found out that this was just up the road from me.
Didn't get along as I thought it was a members only affair.
However, reading the thread I may have been mistaken.

Maybe next time
strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 10:53   #74
morsing
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Just found out that this was just up the road from me.
Didn't get along as I thought it was a members only affair.
However, reading the thread I may have been mistaken.

Maybe next time
Or maybe even consider joining?!
'70 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
'95 Saab 9000 CSE 2.0 Turbo Auto
morsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:15   #75
brens-s80
VOC Member

Talking what a day

hiu all,

just to say I had another great BKV day and it was lovely catching up with members I met last year and putting faces to those members I spoke to during the year.

Bertha made it back with no hassle what so ever and I'am currently recovering from a lack of sleep ( 6 hrs in 48hr) good job i have today and tomorrow off .

I look forward to coming over again next year with my brother who's buying my 1991 240Gl and I'll be bringing Bertha.

till then take care and safe driving and if your ever over this way let me know and we'll try and meet up.

brendan
brens-s80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:17   #76
weestar

first time going and it was a fab weekend away everyone was lovely and all the cars were stunning but next time we definatly wont be camping
cant wait till the next one now hehe
best part of the whole weekend was I GOT A VOLVO T-SHIRT TO FIT
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:41   #77
Bob Bridge
02 S60 2.4T & 88F 740 GL

Default Bkv

Hi to all, this was my first, but definately will be back. I had no intentions of entering my S60 (I would have washed it if I had) so did not win anything and had a great day. congratulations to all those who (deservedly) took home a little something. There were some stunning cars that were a credit to their owners. It was nice to meet new people and be made to feel welcome so thanks to all those people that had time for a conversation, I look forward to meeting up again (maybe at the Malton Rugby club in August) in the future.

Also big thanks to those people who had obviously worked hard to make it happen!!!
Bob Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:15   #78
chelle_belle
and Craig!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bridge View Post
Hi to all, this was my first, but definately will be back. I had no intentions of entering my S60 (I would have washed it if I had) so did not win anything and had a great day. congratulations to all those who (deservedly) took home a little something. There were some stunning cars that were a credit to their owners. It was nice to meet new people and be made to feel welcome so thanks to all those people that had time for a conversation, I look forward to meeting up again (maybe at the Malton Rugby club in August) in the future.

Also big thanks to those people who had obviously worked hard to make it happen!!!

I have to say I agree with Bob all the way!! Our first time too and I've gotta say what a great day it was! Everyone was so friendly, and you got to drool over all those volvos, and all in one place.

I also went with the intention of not entering the car in the BKV, being ex staffs police, but was persuaded at the gate by the lovely marshalls. We felt really welcomed, but in it over our heads when we saw the great condition everyones car was in. But it didn't matter. Big thumbs up, thanks to everyone and hope to be at the next Northern meet!!
chelle_belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 14:32   #79
locky2306

Quote:
Originally Posted by weestar View Post
first time going and it was a fab weekend away everyone was lovely and all the cars were stunning but next time we definatly wont be camping
cant wait till the next one now hehe
best part of the whole weekend was I GOT A VOLVO T-SHIRT TO FIT
Yip,caravan (hopefully) for us next year

Excellent weekend, really enjoyed it, and it was nice to finally meet up with everyone.

Roll on next year!!

(weestars other half)
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 16:30   #80
Alec Dawe
Former Support Team

Last Years BKV I was persuaded to enter my car, but at first I thought it would be silly, as I had no chance of winning, looking at the way some cars were prepared. Eventually the gate marshalls persuaded me, an I am so glad that they did.
Still no chance of winning, but its SO much more fun to be in the "judging" area, you meet such a better class of nutters there! To be serious, it is such a good atmosphere, and this year I learnt so much from the other people who were exhibiting, also meeting and putting faces to the people on the forum (and their long suffering wives and girlfriends).
My 960 was pretty dirty, having been washed and polished on Thursday (it rained), ditto Friday (it rained), ditto Saturday morning (The heavens opened on the A14 and the A1, Blyth services were like a muddy pond on the way out, and at one time I thought I had gone in for powerboat racing, judging by the roostertail of spray I, and everyone else, was kicking uo, at about 25mph, desperately peering into the gloom and spray in front!). Staying in a B & B on Saturday night, I had no chance of cleaning the car again, so she just had to go in as she was, mud splatters and all.
Again , no chance of winning everything, but at least I gave the judges something to do to justify them being there, and makes the show look better for any of the public who might turn up, so I would now always enter my car for the judging, even though I shall never have a concourse (SP?) standard car, its just so much nicer, and you feel much more a part of the show!
Good time was had, site much smaller (or so it seemed) than last year, and so felt more intimate.
Next stop is Uxbridge (I PROMISE to polish it , but if it rains, well it'll be muddy and rain-spotty again Iain and Bob!!).