Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For sale.. Volvo 480 turbo

Views : 12684

Replies : 93

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2013, 10:15   #71
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Quote:
Date of Liability 15 12 2012
Seems a bit odd, that, is that due to time out on the 14 day rule to renew tax, so there is potentially a £80 + tax from 1/12/12 to whenever, waiting for whoever tries to do road tax on car

I did think previous owner had cashed in tax, creating the date not the last day of the month, but pictures show a tax disc. (possibily previous owner declared lost on V33 but is a hassle?)

Think some explaining needed, otherwise buyer beware.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:20   #72
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Is that due to time out on the 14 day rule to renew tax
There is NO 14 day rule to renew tax, never has been??

The ONLY time you can drive either with old expired tax disc or no tax disc is; when purchasing the tax online and due to non arrival you can drive for up to 5 working days in to the new month. This is 5 working days Mon - Fri and any bank holidays are excluded and do not count as a day. Once them 5 days are used you can no longer drive the car legally on the road until you have actually received and are displaying a current tax disc correctly.

The offence is failure to display, it doesn't matter that you've bought and paid for one.

In this case it can only be that the tax disc has been surrendered or the car SORN'd. You can no longer have both these days, if it is SORN'd then the tax has to be surrendered or if it is taxed then the car has to be insured.

Last edited by SonyVaio; Mar 8th, 2013 at 11:27.
SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:47   #73
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
There is NO 14 day rule to renew tax, never has been??

The ONLY time you can drive either with old expired tax disc or no tax disc is; when purchasing the tax online and due to non arrival you can drive for up to 5 working days in to the new month. This is 5 working days Mon - Fri and any bank holidays are excluded and do not count as a day. Once them 5 days are used you can no longer drive the car legally on the road until you have actually received and are displaying a current tax disc correctly.

The offence is failure to display, it doesn't matter that you've bought and paid for one.

In this case it can only be that the tax disc has been surrendered or the car SORN'd. You can no longer have both these days, if it is SORN'd then the tax has to be surrendered or if it is taxed then the car has to be insured.

Thats what I thought, but I know there is effectively a 14 day period that you can declare sorn, B4 they can fine £80, unless the V5 has been filled in as transfered to Mr Drew as a motor trader, its just that I've never seen a date in the middle of a month for license due, something doesn't add up. (When I first Emailed my interest in car, he assured me he was not a dealer), I have only, I'm sure, ever seen date of liability as 1st of month, I think even if you surrender, it's deemed to be surrendered on the last day of that month.

alternatively Mr Drew may just come back and say - I don't have to do a SORN as I'm a car dealer, and I took car in as a PX/picked up cheap at auction, trying to sell away from my business to make more money.

either car is sitting on V5 as owned by a dealer, or DVLA are wrong or someone is possibly in for a shock when they apply to tax vehicle
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cookie For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 14:13   #74
drew1981

Default 480

no didnt sell it. a guy pulled up and said he wanted it, we got chatting he looked round the car and said dont worry bout puttin it thru the mot coz il put it in my garage blahh blahh. then said he had to go to bank to borrow the money then asked if i could accept weekly payements. umm no u TW@T i dont want weekly payements. waste of my time.
drew1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 14:16   #75
drew1981

Default 480

YES IT IS IN MY NAME AND IT IS SORN'D. thats the reason im selling coz its on my father in laws drive and i got nowhere else to keep it. im not a dealer. im a BT ENGINEER
The Following User Says Thank You to drew1981 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 19:32   #76
Paffel
VOC Member

So, i'm confused - did it sell?

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD'01 S60 T5
Paffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 20:02   #77
drew1981

Default my 480

no paffel it didnt. But it has now got a new alternator on and is booked in for MOT this friday
The Following User Says Thank You to drew1981 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 12:45   #78
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Awesome, new MOT test will help matters along for you
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 20:15   #79
drew1981

Cool 480

well the mot was included in the sale anyway. but i suppose ppl would rather it have a test on b4 sale. strange....
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 09:05   #80
stys0n84

What a saga...
stys0n84 is offline   Reply With Quote