Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

r reg s70r spares or repair £600

Views : 12479

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2011, 19:49   #81
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmason View Post

i come on here to sell my car, it appears everyone else comes on here to critisize my adverts
Just a question if you are into selling cars.

Why dont you first decide to sell a car .Then fix any problems and make it look nice and clean then advertise at a sensible static price and be open to offers like most people do?

Also the statement below you have on ebay will get people into bother as its incorrect.It will be the buyers car when they pay you not yours.

"STILL INSURED SO OK TO DRIVE AWAY IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER VEHICLE POLICY WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO DRIVE SOMEONE ELSES INSURED CAR."
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 19:55   #82
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

As someone who has actually had dealings with LMason i can honestly say i found him very pleasant and easy to deal with, we had a long telephone conversation regarding the problem he had with a previous car, ABS module and after comparing all the numbers he bought my spare.

Come on guys give him some slack, at the end of the day its his property and he can put it up for whatever price he wants, doesnt mean he will sell it at that price. If you actually read his posts they come across as fairly honest.

if i ad the spare cash i would take on this "R" as a project.

Simon
Old Nov 28th, 2011, 20:21   #83
mr shifter

youve got a deal....£50 and a bottle of wiskey.
you can also have my ex wife, cos im finished with her, ha ha

Ok then deal. Just hope shes in better nick than the car !!!! HE HE.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 01:06   #84
Lmason
L Mason

update thread.

thanks deathrider (i think lol)
abs unit worked spot on.

and yes, im honest with my sales, just updated threads

i originally advertised the car s70r at a price without any work done to someone a chance to aquire a s70r, who is confident to do the work themselves.
some people prefer to fix them themselves and save a bit cash, others can only afford to pay for a car which they can fix themselves.

but seeing as noone took up the offer, i decided to fix it myself and mot it, cos most people were saying its a bit dodgy not knowing what needs to be fixed.

i did the work myself, taking all weekend to get the rear axle bushes replaced, which i am glad is done, next time i want the grage to do it, free up some spare time for me so i can go out with the dogs.

and secondlly, regarding the insurance....use your loaf.

if someone buys the car form me cash, ill just put the following days date on the v5 so, techically, if the law wants to split hairs, and persecute, the car i can say is still mine, until the new owner drives it home and gets proper insurance.

simples...
also...for my insurance, ill get a receipt from the buyer with the correct date on, so i dont get speeding tickets sent to me.

i may be a geordie from up north....but beneath the cloth cap is something you wouldnt comprehend....hence your question showing everyone on here your low iq.
go and get a life.....
to the poster who criticised my insurance note...
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 01:13   #85
Lmason
L Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr shifter View Post
youve got a deal....£50 and a bottle of wiskey.
you can also have my ex wife, cos im finished with her, ha ha

Ok then deal. Just hope shes in better nick than the car !!!! HE HE.
lol, i wish i found you years ago for you to take my ex wife from me...what i job i had gettin rid of that.

anyway, in the nick of time i guess....

when i went to the gum clinic cos my doctor said i should go (dunno why doc insisted, cos i knew i hadnt been sleeping around)

i saw my exes new boyfriend...at the gum clinic in the queue...

what a laugh...and a lucky escape for me...

i got the all clear and was given a vitamin prescription because of the side effect of some medicaltion i had been taking for many years which i no longer needed from my psychiatrist.

god work in mysterious ways........ its true
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 08:07   #86
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Also the statement below you have on ebay will get people into bother as its incorrect.It will be the buyers car when they pay you not yours.

"STILL INSURED SO OK TO DRIVE AWAY IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER VEHICLE POLICY WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO DRIVE SOMEONE ELSES INSURED CAR."

The quote I made you aware of Mr LMASON was sound advice based on legality and sensibility and not criticism. Its sole purpose was:

1) To assist you and prevent you getting into bother
2) To prevent any issues for the potential purchaser and any innocent motorist with which said potential purchaser may have an encounter that may give rise to an insurance claim for loss or injury

Your response , by your own hand below, is indicative of the type of person you are and a main reason why sensible forward thinking people quite frankly are fed up with your nonsensical reasoning ( if it may be called reasoning) inappropriate attitude, lack of knowledge , lack of etiquette and the absolute absence of concern and consideration for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmason View Post
regarding the insurance....use your loaf.

if someone buys the car form me cash, ill just put the following days date on the v5 so, techically, if the law wants to split hairs, and persecute, the car i can say is still mine, until the new owner drives it home and gets proper insurance.

simples...
also...for my insurance, ill get a receipt from the buyer with the correct date on, so i dont get speeding tickets sent to me. comprehend....hence your question showing everyone on here your low iq.
go and get a life.....
to the poster who criticised my insurance note...

The above quote from you LMASON is clarification of the descriptor “dodgy” frequently used by others to describe you.

Do you understand why one may not trust you? No I didn’t think so.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 08:13   #87
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post

If you actually read his posts they come across as fairly honest.Simon
Maybe your dealings have been fine although regards the above.....really??
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 12:47   #88
Lmason
L Mason

Default insurance

Quote:
The quote I made you aware of Mr LMASON was sound advice based on legality and sensibility and not criticism. Its sole purpose was:

2) To prevent any issues for the potential purchaser and any innocent motorist with which said potential purchaser may have an encounter that may give rise to an insurance claim for loss or injury

Your response , by your own hand below, is indicative of the type of person you are and a main reason why sensible forward thinking people quite frankly are fed up with your nonsensical reasoning ( if it may be called reasoning) inappropriate attitude, lack of knowledge , lack of etiquette and the absolute absence of concern and consideration for others.

you just dont get it do you volvo rocks...there is nothing dodgy about how i would allow someone else to drive the car on their insurance.

you just dont get it do you?

IT IS WITHIN THE LAW if you have a policy which states you are covered legalyy third party to drive someone elses vehicle which is insured.

it also states on the v5 logbook that this is not proof of ownership and that the v5 registered keeper is the one responsible for the car mot, and tax etc.

it states it is not proof of ownership....

i reiterate, there is nothing illegal about it.

it is called using your entitlement of why you pay insurance and have the perk of legally driving another car not belonging to you.

if it when to court...it would be thrown out and the prosecution tol lack of evidence..

providing the two parties..buyer and seller sing from the same hymn sheet.

if they dont...it is a civil dispute who actually owns the car.

or it could be a criminal matter if the seller states the car was stolen...hence the reason for giving a receipt to the buyers, and likewaise a receipt from the buyer stating he bought the car.

there is no law against this....

if you got out more often instead of stting at home on your pc criticising other peoples posts, you will understand.

open your eyes and you shall see.

ps...if this is beyond you (which it most likely is) dont bother getting involved with commenting.

like i said previously....we aint all cloth caps up north.

The above quote from you LMASON is clarification of the descriptor “dodgy” frequently used by others to describe you.

all you have to do is trust what you see.....READ YOUR POLICY SMALLPRINT
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 12:50   #89
volvorocks
Rodney

Lmason

You quote me as above then add extra to my name and it looks as if I spouted your reply.Please edit the quote so it shows it came from you and not me.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 12:51   #90
Lmason
L Mason

Quote:

i do not need your advice....

it is so simple.... i read my insurance policy....and read the small print on the v5..

legal documents...in black and white.

your advice is not sound... it is not factual.. it is what you believe.

your probably another one of these who thinks your cars got to be insured when its sorn parked up?

your letting everyone know you are thick....cos you dont read and understand the smallprint.

as i said previously....we aint all cloth caps here up north like what you think
Closed Thread